Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-03-2018, 08:45 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(21-03-2018 07:21 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  They knocked me out, then shoved a camera, laser and grabber up through the clitoris urethra, through the bladder, up the ureter tube and into my right kidney.

fixt.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-03-2018, 10:08 AM
Ok, here we go. I took the kid to school. Tonight the guys (three off them, yes, I acquired another male yesterday) leave on their first leg of their trip (red eye flight to Charlotte).

Me and kiddo will survive on pizza for a few days and watch movies -- the bummer is that the pizza place doesn't open until 3pm. I'm also letting the kiddo skip school tomorrow...because what the fuck, I'm totally not getting up, but I have to remember to call the school to excuse him (yes I'm lying and saying he's sick when he's not).

My biggest problem appears to be, I guess I'll have to go out daily for coffee. I refuse to make a whole pot just for myself. I'm just not sure how I'll handle driving -- without coffee.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-03-2018, 11:09 AM
(22-03-2018 08:45 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-03-2018 07:21 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  They knocked me out, then shoved a camera, laser and grabber up through the clitoris urethra, through the bladder, up the ureter tube and into my right kidney.

fixt.

Thanks for fixing that. Sadcryface I kinda winced when I read it.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
22-03-2018, 11:16 AM
(21-03-2018 07:21 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Monday I had an out patient "procedure" to remove multiple kidney stones. (Turn away now if you can't handle graphic details) They knocked me out, then shoved a camera, laser and grabber up through the clitoris, through the bladder, up the ureter tube and into my right kidney. And inserted a stent inside to keep the tube open and not let it "heal" by closing itself up. Doc told us to make an appointment with his office to have the stent removed and have a cystoscopy on Friday, March 30th. With nothing more than local anesthesia.

But wait-----that's not all...

I called this morning to make that appointment----"Well I don't know why he told you to set it for that day----we're closed for Good Friday." And he's only in the office three days a week---so Wednesday is too soon, and we're closed on Friday, so....Monday is the soonest we can do it. So gosh, thank you so much "religious holiday."

Peeing right now feels like someone poured boiling hot tobasco sauce inside my bladder so that it could make me scream on the way out. It feels hotter than a goat's butt in a pepper patch. And I'm supposed to be drinking a TON of water. Plus I'm on meds that "encourage" the flow. So I'm pretty much screaming about every 15 to 20 minutes.

I do have a renewed appreciation for hubby's vasectomy. Especially the part where they used a needle to numb things. Oh, and by the way, they made a point of telling us we are allowed to have sex after the first 48 hours. "Stop, STOP! It hurts when you make me laugh like that!" The most sensitive part of my entire body just had camera, laser and basket on a stick shoved through it! SEX? Uh, NO.

I had my first bout with kidney stones about 20 years ago...scared me half to death. I went to the ER and was put in the hospital overnight for pain management then off for lithotripsy. I was miserable...as it turns out the medical personnel dropped me while taking me out of the tub of water and broke a couple of my ribs. I had a bruise the size of a soccer ball.

By the next day my body was trying to eject the stent. You could see the spasms from the outside of my body. I had to go back to the doctor and have it removed and just deal with the passing of the shattered stones.

I have had kidney stones several times since then. I refuse to let them do lithotripsy and the going up to grab the stone method can cause scarring and other issues with the ureter and urethra. I just tough them out though sometimes I have to go the ER for the pain and resulting nausea. The med for opening up the 'tubing' is something that the medical community hasn't decided if it really works or not for passing stones but it seems they always prescribe it anyway.

I have lots of empathy for what you are going through. Kidney stones are just awful.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-03-2018, 07:46 PM
2 hours....2 hours...

22-03-2018, 08:23 PM
(22-03-2018 10:08 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ok, here we go. I took the kid to school. Tonight the guys (three off them, yes, I acquired another male yesterday) leave on their first leg of their trip (red eye flight to Charlotte).

Me and kiddo will survive on pizza for a few days and watch movies -- the bummer is that the pizza place doesn't open until 3pm. I'm also letting the kiddo skip school tomorrow...because what the fuck, I'm totally not getting up, but I have to remember to call the school to excuse him (yes I'm lying and saying he's sick when he's not).

My biggest problem appears to be, I guess I'll have to go out daily for coffee. I refuse to make a whole pot just for myself. I'm just not sure how I'll handle driving -- without coffee.

You don't have to make a full pot.
Tongue

I've recently grown rudimentary legs and am making the move from water to land.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
22-03-2018, 09:17 PM
(22-03-2018 08:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(22-03-2018 10:08 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ok, here we go. I took the kid to school. Tonight the guys (three off them, yes, I acquired another male yesterday) leave on their first leg of their trip (red eye flight to Charlotte).

You don't have to make a full pot.
Tongue

I'm not sure I know how to make less than a full pot.

I don't think it's possible to make less than a full pot. It doesn't have any markings, so I wouldn't know how much coffee to put in or how much water and coffee is too damn important to experiment with.

Just another hour and they'll be leaving...OMG I can't wait...

23-03-2018, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2018 06:42 PM by CleverUsername.)
I just got back from a murder mystery dinner my school put on. It was fun but good god the group I was in sucked.

They got bored partway through and just completely gave up. We had two opportunities to walk around and ask people questions and the second time they all just stood around the table doing nothing. Throughout the entire last portion they were on their phones.

I pretty much laser focused on a suspect instantly (he was named "Mort", Latin for death. It seemed obvious and the thought occurred to me maybe it was too obvious on purpose but I dismissed it. Plus I don't really know how common knowledge that meaning is, I was banking on it being obscure and them putting it in there thinking no one would get it), so I was in full on confirmation bias mode, and that's when it would've been great to have other teammates that are thinking differently than me to toss in their own opinions.

But no, just keep looking up pictures of dogs. Dodgy

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
23-03-2018, 08:52 PM
(23-03-2018 06:34 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I just got back from a murder mystery dinner my school put on. It was fun but good god the group I was in sucked.

They got bored partway through and just completely gave up. We had two opportunities to walk around and ask people questions and the second time they all just stood around the table doing nothing. Throughout the entire last portion they were on their phones.

I pretty much laser focused on a suspect instantly (he was named "Mort", Latin for death. It seemed obvious and the thought occurred to me maybe it was too obvious on purpose but I dismissed it. Plus I don't really know how common knowledge that meaning is, I was banking on it being obscure and them putting it in there thinking no one would get it), so I was in full on confirmation bias mode, and that's when it would've been great to have other teammates that are thinking differently than me to toss in their own opinions.

But no, just keep looking up pictures of dogs. Dodgy

Don't leave us hanging...was it Mort?
23-03-2018, 09:13 PM
(23-03-2018 08:52 PM)julep Wrote:  Don't leave us hanging...was it Mort?

No, it was Ella Vator. (Really! Yes )

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.