Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-12-2012, 08:09 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Oh, fuck. Angry

The temporary filling I got at 2:00PM broke and came out at 8:30PM. What the actual fuck?!?!

Or maybe it came out and broke?!?!

I guess it surely was temporary. Blink

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Maybe you can get them to lower the cost of the actual work you have to get done, since it was apparently a pretty badly done one. (Even for a temporary.)

Contribute to the Community Resource!
27-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Hope you didn't have to pay for it, get your money back.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
27-12-2012, 09:02 PM
(27-12-2012 08:04 PM)Near Wrote:  No hard feelings Vosur Smile (Truly. The following are just my thoughts on why I neg repped namiloveyou.)

I just thought that the statement that the person made was particularly loathsome, which is why I finally decided to neg rep the person (guy, gal?). Overall, namiloveyou's posts are filled with some of the most insane ideas I have yet read. Nothing wrong I suppose, with holding those viewpoints, but if this person is sincere, and acts on those beliefs, they are detrimental to society as a whole.

The particular post in question said in part: "people hold the right to do anything to others, if it serves one's purpose"

By that logic, I could murder my baby (if I had one) because it wouldn't stop crying, and I wanted to get some sleep. That action would serve my purpose, so therefore it would be right.

Nope, sorry, I can't won't stand for that kind of shit, and I don't think we should tolerate it. Even in the name of free speech, and even if the person is most likely trolling. Undecided
I can see where you're coming from, but I think that everyone should be allowed to voice his or her views, no matter how insane.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall put it nicely: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Let's be real, it's not like his views are going to influence any sane human being. Societies couldn't exist today if even a fraction of its population shared his views.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
27-12-2012, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2012 10:09 PM by Near.)
Cool. namiloveyou has voiced, and will continue to voice his/her views (or pretend views in the case of a troll), I voiced my views with a neg rep, you voiced yours with a positive rep.

If I ever make it to your side of the planet, we should hang out. Tongue

EDIT:

Although, and this is not to start a fight, I just noticed that you chose to neg FZUMedia (wasn't looking for it, just happened to see how many negs that guy had and saw one was from you.)

You said: " Congratulations on being the first person to receive negative reputation from me. With that said, you're a despicable human being that has crossed the line once too often. I sincerely hope that you leave this forum for good soon. "

Should we not defend FZUMedia's right to say all of his insensitive shit? I don't think we should, but at the risk of straw-manning you, it seems like that's what you are saying about all of the insensitive shit that namiloveyou brings up on the forum. We may detest it, but we should protect a persons right to say it, right? Wink

Contribute to the Community Resource!
[+] 2 users Like Near's post
27-12-2012, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2012 10:29 PM by Vosur.)
(27-12-2012 10:02 PM)Near Wrote:  Cool. namiloveyou has voiced, and will continue to voice his/her views (or pretend views in the case of a troll), I voiced my views with a neg rep, you voiced yours with a positive rep.
Yeah, no hard feelings. Sleepy

(27-12-2012 10:02 PM)Near Wrote:  If I ever make it to your side of the planet, we should hang out. Tongue
All right! Smile

(27-12-2012 10:02 PM)Near Wrote:  EDIT:

Although, and this is not to start a fight, I just noticed that you chose to neg FZUMedia (wasn't looking for it, just happened to see how many negs that guy had and saw one was from you.)

You said: " Congratulations on being the first person to receive negative reputation from me. With that said, you're a despicable human being that has crossed the line once too often. I sincerely hope that you leave this forum for good soon. "

Should we not defend FZUMedia's right to say all of his insensitive shit? I don't think we should, but at the risk of straw-manning you, it seems like that's what you are saying about all of the insensitive shit that namiloveyou brings up on the forum. We may detest it, but we should protect a persons right to say it, right? Wink
Yes, I think we should do that indeed. Let me say, however, that my tolerance only goes so far. Once someone starts threatening and persistently harassing a beloved forum user, which is exactly what FZUmedia has been doing for the past couple of days, it's time for him to leave this place. He is clearly not wanted here, but since he hasn't broken any of the forum rules yet, I'm not going to advocate that we ban him.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
27-12-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm fucking tired of prayer requests for the MOST inane stuff on Facebook, then they get like 50 fucking responses. Seriously wtf? Saw a little gem and it's just pissed me off.....

Since I can't rant on fb....I'll scream here

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-12-2012, 01:03 AM
(27-12-2012 11:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm fucking tired of prayer requests for the MOST inane stuff on Facebook, then they get like 50 fucking responses. Seriously wtf? Saw a little gem and it's just pissed me off.....

Since I can't rant on fb....I'll scream here
The main reason I have an FB is so I can have FB pages for websites I have. That being said, I still end up looking at garbage that people post sometimes.

Last year, i just couldn't take it anymore and defriended about 100 people (mainly relatives, I don't have that many fucking friends...) and clicked "hide all posts by ____" on most of the others.

It's really maddening for me, in a way. FB is supposed to help you keep in touch, see what people are up to, what they think about things. It mostly just makes me hate and lose respect for most everyone I've ever known for being morons and/or insane. I had to get rid of the one cousin, because, if I posted anything at all on any subject, she'd somehow find a way to bring god into it and tell me what I really need to do is "invite god into my life."

I also don't understand the pics that say to hit "like" and it will somehow cause a sick person to get prayers or get better or something. What kind of an asshole makes up this shit? Their god is supposed to be paying attention to likes on FB?

Additionally, anyone on my Flist who posts one of those copy/paste things about how you suck/don't care about me/don't care about the world if you don' copy/paste this stupid inspiration quote or questionable statistic gets deleted right away.

Some have told me it's not worth it to mention religion and politics because it will alienate people and upset up, and my relationships with humans are more important than their views on things. I disagree. Sometimes, learning about their views convinces me they are a horrible asshole not even worth my time, and then i feel like my life is improved by removing them from my life. The best and nicest thing certain people have ever done for me in my life is to fuck off and stop talking to me, ever.
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
28-12-2012, 06:13 AM
What the fuck is a choked field? On a racetrack.

I swear, as much I as love riding, if I have to translate one more sentence about a fucking horse race I'm gonna blow my brains out (such as they are).

JESUS!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
28-12-2012, 06:21 AM
(28-12-2012 06:13 AM)Vera Wrote:  What the fuck is a choked field? On a racetrack.

I swear, as much I as love riding, if I have to translate one more sentence about a fucking horse race I'm gonna blow my brains out (such as they are).

JESUS!
A fucking horse. So much more fun than a rocking horse...