Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-04-2018, 06:46 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-04-2018 01:37 PM)unsapien Wrote:  
(23-04-2018 11:39 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Ok two rants first the royal birth, the media here in Britain is salivating like a rabid dog because a baby has been born, big fucking deal lots of kids were born in Britain today but through accident and our stupid system of royalty a bunch of stuck up overprivilaged wankers get to live the life of riley with boundless opportunities and guaranteed financial security for life, fuck them.

Yeah it was "breaking news" this morning when I got to work. I was saying to people that the only way this would qualify as breaking news is if she had given birth to something other then a baby. Dodgy

I would sure rather hear about the newest prince than about another asinine tweet from the Cheetoh in Chief. Dodgy My first thought was to wonder how many kids they plan to have.

I don't have an issue with the royals...I'm not going to bash them for being born into a privileged life. I am not British so I don't understand the bad feelings from some who are.

New baby...hope everyone is healthy. I am less interested in the upcoming royal wedding though I remember watching Charles and Diana get hitched.

It's a baby...I'm not going to hate on the little guy.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-04-2018, 07:01 PM
On one hand I don't like to complain too much about my religious family, because compared to some I don't have it too bad. I can have my brothers over and we have a good time and religion doesn't have to come up, and I even shared with them some funny stories about me getting drunk and they were cool about it.

On the other hand, they all still believe in a young earth, deny evolution, and they combined with my parents have a lot of influence over many young kids, including my nieces and nephews.

Without going into too much detail, my parents are responsible for about a dozen young kids at any given time, and they've done some things that really infuriate me. They
- Have taken a group of kids to see the Ark Encounter
- Had a movie night and showed them God's Not Dead
- Take them to church every Sunday and Wednesday
- Directly teach the kids that evolution is wrong

Luckily all the kids go to public school and I'm sure some of them, especially some of the older ones, secretly suspect it's all bullshit. But every time my dad proudly talks about how one of t he kids "got saved" I want to confront him and be clear about my beliefs and how I think he's harming these kids, but when I start to think about it my inner child takes over and I get all nervous and sweaty.

My parents know at least that I believe accept evolution, and when something tame enough that I feel comfortable contradicting them comes up, they see that I've put a lot of thought into this stuff, but they just brush it off. My dad once showed an openness to learning more, and I suggested some reading for him, but then some time passed and he was back to flippantly mocking evolution and atheism.

I think I'm about at a breaking point and will be more proactive about this stuff. Not in a hostile way or a way that will threaten our relationship but I just want to start being more honest and open about where I stand.

Oh and to top it all off, my parents set up a family vacation later this year and part of it is going to the Ark Encounter. Maybe it will shut down before then.
[+] 1 user Likes Dex's post
23-04-2018, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2018 10:44 PM by Vera.)
(23-04-2018 01:37 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Yeah it was "breaking news" this morning when I got to work. I was saying to people that the only way this would qualify as breaking news is if she had given birth to something other then a baby. Dodgy

Daily Express wanks itself dry as Princess Diana’s grandson is born on Saint George’s Day

"Following news that the Duchess of Cambridge has given birth to a baby boy on St. George’s day, the collective body of the “newspaper” all came at once.

“Yes, we’re currently knee-deep in semen,” confirmed sports editor, Simon Williams.

“We were bound to be, really: The grandson of the late Princess Diana arriving on St. George’s Day… it hits several of our erogenous zones.

“I feel a bit bad for the cleaning staff; they already have to put up with us being racist to their faces but now they’ll have to chisel our dried spunk from the walls. Oh well.

“It’s great for us, though. We won’t have to use the headline “HOLY FUCK IT’S GOING TO SNOW” for at least three weeks now. We’re on easy street. Just lots of royal bollocks.

“Tomorrow we’re going to do a double-page spread speculating on what Diana might have named the boy. Stay tuned.”"

Also, have I mentioned, by any chance, that I am beginning to loathe the dishonest, lying POS inhabiting this shithole. No wonder the country is in such a state. There seems to be no solution to my internet troubles in sight, every single piece of Brazilian shit around me looks me and my (non-Brazilian, thank god) neighbour in the eye and lies through their ignorant, backward Brazilian teeth and seem to think we are idiots and haha, it's only the dumb gringos who have no internet and, apparently, are never gonna have it, because, why give a fuck when we got ours.

Every people has the shithole of a country they deserve.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
24-04-2018, 12:05 AM
(23-04-2018 06:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-04-2018 01:37 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Yeah it was "breaking news" this morning when I got to work. I was saying to people that the only way this would qualify as breaking news is if she had given birth to something other then a baby. Dodgy

I would sure rather hear about the newest prince than about another asinine tweet from the Cheetoh in Chief. Dodgy My first thought was to wonder how many kids they plan to have.

I don't have an issue with the royals...I'm not going to bash them for being born into a privileged life. I am not British so I don't understand the bad feelings from some who are.

New baby...hope everyone is healthy. I am less interested in the upcoming royal wedding though I remember watching Charles and Diana get hitched.

I don't hate the royals for their privilege either, but I am a little tired of paying through the nose for their holidays here in Australia. If they must come here, could they pay their own way, please? Gawd knows they can afford it.

Oh! And if they could manage not to sack our democratically elected government ever again in the future, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd also appreciate it if Her Majesty would stop calling the letters between herself and the Governor General at the time "personal" correspondence and release the fucking things. It's Australian history-State correspondence- not love letters.

The Royals: making an Australian Republic a very good fucking idea.
[+] 2 users Like Sushisnake's post
24-04-2018, 07:28 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2018 08:22 AM by unsapien.)
(23-04-2018 06:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Yeah I don't hate them either, but this about as important as the headline "the first baby born in the new year is...", it should be a 5 second blurb on the morning news ticker, not wall to wall "breaking news" all day.

...Followed by endless talk about what his name should be to properly "honour" previous royalty... and what bloody order the names should go in! Facepalm

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 2 users Like unsapien's post
24-04-2018, 08:15 AM
He should be called Henery...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
24-04-2018, 09:26 AM
See that yellow stuff on my car? Its called "sand", to be precise, fucking "Sahara sand".
When we get hot weather over here in Germany its mostly from across the Iberian Peninsula, but the real nasty heatwaves are coming directly from south, across the mediterranean, from this shithole continent that starts with "A".....wait, practically evey other continent but Europe starts with "A" Facepalm
Well, ya know what i mean, that hellish hot one i mean.

[Image: 2qUkBtX]
[Image: 2K992qK]
[Image: 2JnK3yN]
[Image: 2HHqC6O]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
24-04-2018, 09:49 AM
From the BBC. That's one damn smart "royal" baby Facepalm

[Image: Capture.jpg]

(And it's not about hating a baby. It's about not giving a fuck about yet another baby in a world with billions of baby and strongly disliking a bunch of useless drones, a relic of a past that should be left behind. Monarchy nowadays is a joke. And not a funny one either).

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
24-04-2018, 10:57 AM
(24-04-2018 09:49 AM)Vera Wrote:  From the BBC. That's one damn smart "royal" baby Facepalm

[Image: Capture.jpg]

(And it's not about hating a baby. It's about not giving a fuck about yet another baby in a world with billions of baby and strongly disliking a bunch of useless drones, a relic of a past that should be left behind. Monarchy nowadays is a joke. And not a funny one either).

Woah you took the words right out of my mouth, hopefully one day monarchy will be consigned to the dustbin of history, I think it will but it will take a long time yet.
24-04-2018, 07:10 PM
(23-04-2018 10:29 PM)Vera Wrote:  

Daily Express wanks itself dry as Princess Diana’s grandson is born on Saint George’s Day

"Following news that the Duchess of Cambridge has given birth to a baby boy on St. George’s day, the collective body of the “newspaper” all came at once.

“Yes, we’re currently knee-deep in semen,” confirmed sports editor, Simon Williams.

“We were bound to be, really: The grandson of the late Princess Diana arriving on St. George’s Day… it hits several of our erogenous zones.

“I feel a bit bad for the cleaning staff; they already have to put up with us being racist to their faces but now they’ll have to chisel our dried spunk from the walls. Oh well.

“It’s great for us, though. We won’t have to use the headline “HOLY FUCK IT’S GOING TO SNOW” for at least three weeks now. We’re on easy street. Just lots of royal bollocks.

“Tomorrow we’re going to do a double-page spread speculating on what Diana might have named the boy. Stay tuned.”"

Also, have I mentioned, by any chance, that I am beginning to loathe the dishonest, lying POS inhabiting this shithole. No wonder the country is in such a state. There seems to be no solution to my internet troubles in sight, every single piece of Brazilian shit around me looks me and my (non-Brazilian, thank god) neighbour in the eye and lies through their ignorant, backward Brazilian teeth and seem to think we are idiots and haha, it's only the dumb gringos who have no internet and, apparently, are never gonna have it, because, why give a fuck when we got ours.

Every people has the shithole of a country they deserve.

And, yet, you remain. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]