Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-06-2018, 07:33 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(15-06-2018 10:16 PM)julep Wrote:  
(15-06-2018 09:37 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Inconsiderate assholes who don't clean up after their horses. On the streets, sidewalks and at the end of my driveway here in Tinytown.

I.Am.Not.Kidding.People. I wish I were.

If I knew where they lived I'd be seriously tempted to bag it, put it on their front porches, set it on fire and ring the doorbell and run.

Gasp

I've often had to march, sometimes in spats, in parades where the musicians are positioned behind the horses--one can't always step high and dodge to the side. But...people are letting their horses shit on the sidewalks? Fuck that...make your bags and drop 'em! Do it! Do it!

Yup. Until we revamped all the town ordinances in 2017 (or maybe it was 2016) we did NOT have a "pick up after your dog" ordinance. When they started talking about adding one I took to the public podium and told the commissioners I had no problem with an ordinance requiring picking up after our dogs as long as they included the damned horses along with it. It hadn't even crossed their minds to include them but they sure jumped on board when I suggested it. The problem is catching them in the act. I soooooo want to see them in time to run out to the street with a bag and shovel and tell them they can't do this shit anymore. Can you picture THAT conversation?

They have always cut through the edge of my BFF's yard---she's on a corner where they turn. And on Saturday nights they regularly leave an offering on the sidewalk in front of the Methodist Church on Main street. I tried unsuccessfully to get the town to agree to pass an ordinance that just plain outright forbids them from riding on the town streets and sidewalks. None of them actually live or board their horses inside the town limits. They just ride them through it from the outskirts. It would be easier to enforce if we could just catch them riding through town in general, take a picture and let the cops identify them and fine them. Do that a few times and word will get around and they will stop.

They actually quit letting them be in the parades for the very reason of horse shit. But recreational riding? They still "go" wherever they want. And the cops KNOW where the riding club is and who is in it. They also ride on the streets with horse shoes that I'm told are not appropriate for the sake of the horses. So it is abuse as well.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
17-06-2018, 08:57 PM
Security cam/webcam thing that could watch the driveway/lawn to catch them in the act and have evidence for later?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-06-2018, 09:04 PM
(17-06-2018 08:57 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Security cam/webcam thing that could watch the driveway/lawn to catch them in the act and have evidence for later?

HOLY CRAP! I'm embarrassed we haven't thought of that. Especially since we already own the motion detector trail cam but have it pointed the other direction!

Thanks Shai!

"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
17-06-2018, 09:33 PM
Glad to hopefully help! Smile A friend recently got one because his Amazon packages kept disappearing, and it helped him find the person who was stealing them!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2018, 06:10 AM
(17-06-2018 09:04 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(17-06-2018 08:57 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Security cam/webcam thing that could watch the driveway/lawn to catch them in the act and have evidence for later?

HOLY CRAP! I'm embarrassed we haven't thought of that. Especially since we already own the motion detector trail cam but have it pointed the other direction!

Thanks Shai!

While not applicable - amusing none the less --

I had a buddy who lived in a trailer park. He had a 68 Chevy II with polished aluminum rims. A neighbors dog would come by and piss on those rims - marking his territory.

I brought over an electric fence charger - which we hooked up to the car - on low power.

It wasn't long before he was rewarded with yelping and a trail of piss leading down the street...

Big Grin

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
18-06-2018, 07:07 PM
I dunno why I tried to recapture the feeling of last night's piano practice session because tonight's just didn't go great. Fingers were cold pretty much the whole time and just... yeah, it sucked. Sad

18-06-2018, 07:12 PM
Dare I try to write a bit? Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
18-06-2018, 07:57 PM
(18-06-2018 07:12 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Dare I try to write a bit? Dodgy

And indeed there will be time
To wonder, “Do I dare?” and, “Do I dare?”
Time to turn back and descend the stair,
With a bald spot in the middle of my hair —
(They will say: “How his hair is growing thin!”)

Big Grin

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem. - Camus
18-06-2018, 08:24 PM
It's not a bald spot. It is a reduction in cranial insulation.

[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
19-06-2018, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2018 08:26 AM by Kaneda.)
*Sigh* Just asking around seems like every third person today is suffering or in remission from some form of cancer.

My high school biology teacher wasn’t joking around; this fucking shit is truly a modern-day plague.