Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-06-2018, 03:34 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Some days I wish it was appropriate to bop idiots on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper.

"Bad human! No!"

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
22-06-2018, 03:54 PM (This post was last modified: 22-06-2018 04:01 PM by Vera.)
For the supposedly horrible, heartless, caustic bitch that, I apparently, am, I continue to let people take advantage of me, time and time again and then feel bad when I try to not let others impose on me.

Where did you say I went to have this useless pile of crap inside my head exchanged for something at least vaguely usable?

And people above me don't shut up soon, might have to cut my ears off. Or their tongues. Haven't decided really. And mind you, I was already woken up really early by crazed Brazilian fans. No wonder my OCD is getting out of control.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-06-2018, 10:54 AM
So my wife and I are doing some pressure washing on the side of the house, taking turns. And she says take a picture of me and a video! To put on Facebook! Really? Oh....kay... Watch out world, here comes a pic of random person holding a pressure washer hose! Hit Like!!!

23-06-2018, 12:20 PM
I woke up late and now I'm chasing the day. Or so it feels...

Ugh.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-06-2018, 01:15 PM
(23-06-2018 12:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I woke up late and now I'm chasing the day. Or so it feels...

Ugh.

If you woke up late - you' re required to make up for it...

So you' ll have to go to bed early......

Tongue

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
23-06-2018, 06:11 PM
So I've had a nagging lower back pain thing going on for a while now. I'm not sure what caused it exactly, it seems to be exacerbated by things like bending over too far, or things like lying on my back and especially exercises like some of the ones I used to do in yoga where you lay on your back with your knees pulled in and then roll back and forth. That used to feel really good but now it just puts pressure on the aggravated part of my back. Sad

It'll feel just mildly sore for a while (though I seem to have a near-constant tightness of muscle in my back all the time now) and then it'll get "twingy" to where it feels like if I make a sudden movement, I'll have a spasm in the muscles.

I don't know what the hell it is but I haven't really exercised in weeks now. I'm afraid of making it worse. Just fucking annoying. I feel like 34 going on 80.

23-06-2018, 07:08 PM
(23-06-2018 06:11 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So I've had a nagging lower back pain thing going on for a while now. I'm not sure what caused it exactly, it seems to be exacerbated by things like bending over too far, or things like lying on my back and especially exercises like some of the ones I used to do in yoga where you lay on your back with your knees pulled in and then roll back and forth. That used to feel really good but now it just puts pressure on the aggravated part of my back. Sad

It'll feel just mildly sore for a while (though I seem to have a near-constant tightness of muscle in my back all the time now) and then it'll get "twingy" to where it feels like if I make a sudden movement, I'll have a spasm in the muscles.

I don't know what the hell it is but I haven't really exercised in weeks now. I'm afraid of making it worse. Just fucking annoying. I feel like 34 going on 80.
When my husband had similar symptoms (also in his early 30s), it turned out to be a herniated disc. (Followed by emergency back surgery, five days in the hospital, and several months of rehab) It's definitely worth going to the doctor to have checked out, if stretching and resting aren't helping.

fudge is the only divinity that matters
23-06-2018, 08:02 PM
(23-06-2018 01:15 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(23-06-2018 12:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I woke up late and now I'm chasing the day. Or so it feels...

Ugh.

If you woke up late - you' re required to make up for it...

So you' ll have to go to bed early......

Tongue

Not a chance of that happening. I'm on vacation -- meaning I don't have to get up early and shuttle a kid or two to places they need to be.

That said, today I did wake up unusually late. Like the coffee the man made was luke-warm.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Welp, for better or for worse, daughter is spending the next six weeks at her dad's. He was coming down to get our son for the summer and we had talked about giving her a choice to either stay here under more or less house arrest or go spend the time at her dad's (he lives like 4 hours away from here), but as we got to talking when he showed up, it made more and more sense for her to go with him.

Maybe a shakeup in scenery or pace will be good for her. Clearly she cannot stay out of trouble when it comes to this certain friend of hers. They get together and trouble happens.

We had a long talk with her about facing the consequences of one's actions. She's going to work alongside him on his side business and can earn some money to pay my mom back for the money that was lost paying on cheer squad.

So maybe if she's there with her brother he'll be a little less miserable about being there for the summer and maybe it'll help snap her out of this rough patch. I've tried to shield them from his bullshit ever since we divorced but she kind of forced my hand. I mean - she's gotta know that you can't skip school and smoke pot and not expect for me to get her father involved. And maybe having a mix of a strict parent and a more laid back one is best.

We'll see how this goes. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
25-06-2018, 07:39 PM
I have jury duty tomorrow Sad Here's hoping they say "nope we don't need you" during voire dire. Also I had to listen to the recording 3 times for all the details, especially parking: "Place your parking permit facing upwards on the left dashboard, and use the 4 hour or 10 hour meters, 2 hour or 30 minute meters will result in your being ticketed. You may also use the lot on the reverse side of the parking permit."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post