Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-07-2018, 01:23 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Over-slept (because it's my summer so fuck off), heard my phone ringing downstairs but didn't bother to pick it up because Ive been getting a lot of robocalls and I'm tired of telling people to fuck off.

So, I go downstairs (after a quick shower) and look at my phone. Fuck! It's the county about testing for my younger kid (we're trying to get him for county services because he's on the spectrum for autism -- and they offer adult services).

Damn damn damn, so I call her back and we talk, then I have to traipse up the stairs twice so that she can talk to him and get his verbal ok to testing (because he's over 18).

I have been waiting for this call for weeks now...Anytime my phone rings I pounce on it. But that one time I didn't, it turned out important. I specifically gave them only my cell number our home phone is never used.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-07-2018, 02:41 PM
(19-07-2018 01:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Over-slept (because it's my summer so fuck off), heard my phone ringing downstairs but didn't bother to pick it up because Ive been getting a lot of robocalls and I'm tired of telling people to fuck off.

So, I go downstairs (after a quick shower) and look at my phone. Fuck! It's the county about testing for my younger kid (we're trying to get him for county services because he's on the spectrum for autism -- and they offer adult services).

Damn damn damn, so I call her back and we talk, then I have to traipse up the stairs twice so that she can talk to him and get his verbal ok to testing (because he's over 18).

I have been waiting for this call for weeks now...Anytime my phone rings I pounce on it. But that one time I didn't, it turned out important. I specifically gave them only my cell number our home phone is never used.
It's awesome that you were able to get back to her in person, though! Good luck, I hope the testing goes well and that he gets the services.

fudge is the only divinity that matters
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
20-07-2018, 08:19 AM
A few weeks ago, shortly after going to bed, I looked up and saw a spider on the ceiling (I sleep with a light on). So I went in the closet, got a shoe, and got up on a chair to kill the spider -- and apparently missed, or it "fell" off of the ceiling, because there was nothing on the bottom of the shoe. Oh well, at least it's off the ceiling (I don't want it "falling" on me while I'm sleeping). So about an hour later, I wake up and look up, and that same goddamn spider is on the ceiling again, in the same spot. Again, I got the shoe and went after it, and missed again. But I didn't see it again -- until this morning, when it (or another one just like it) was on the ceiling again. Guess what -- this time, it "fell" off the ceiling before I even got a chance to go for it with the shoe. So now I'm going to be worrying about it tonight. Goddamn spiders. Do what you gotta do, but stay out of my bedroom, and especially stay off the ceiling right above my bed.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
20-07-2018, 08:28 AM
(19-07-2018 01:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Over-slept (because it's my summer so fuck off), heard my phone ringing downstairs but didn't bother to pick it up because Ive been getting a lot of robocalls and I'm tired of telling people to fuck off.

Its called Murphys law and that shit always happens to me too like if you drop a piece of buttered toast on the carpet, it always lands buttered side down. Life is very annoying at times.
20-07-2018, 04:53 PM
Anyone remember the days on the forum when the politics section was never used much and the most heated debates occurred in Atheism/Thesim?

Yeah me too.

Drinking Beverage

20-07-2018, 07:36 PM
(20-07-2018 04:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Anyone remember the days on the forum when the politics section was never used much and the most heated debates occurred in Atheism/Thesim?

Yeah me too.

Drinking Beverage

Counterpoint the arguments for theism have not changed in 1500 years at least the politics section has some variety.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
20-07-2018, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2018 08:20 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(20-07-2018 04:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Anyone remember the days on the forum when the politics section was never used much and the most heated debates occurred in Atheism/Thesim?

Yeah me too.

Drinking Beverage

You mean the days before the Dark Lord took control of the Ministry of Magic? Tongue

I apologize, I feel like I'm partially to blame here...I did not intend to cause the Boomer/Millenial War

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
22-07-2018, 02:32 PM
Lost internet for a few minutes.

Phew..we survived.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-07-2018, 02:42 PM
(22-07-2018 02:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Lost internet for a few minutes.

Phew..we survived.

Laughat

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
22-07-2018, 10:48 PM
(22-07-2018 02:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-07-2018 02:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Lost internet for a few minutes.

Phew..we survived.

Laughat

Went to a Tuki bar. I got drunk. Came home. And internet is down.

Ugh

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post