Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
31-12-2012, 01:19 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(31-12-2012 01:10 AM)Percepticon Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 08:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Where the fuck is DLJ?
I was wondering the same thing....was giving him another day before PMing him, but....eh, it's after midnight now....

I'm on Mabul Island in Malaysia.

Internet is crackle %$&* £$%£ connection terminated!

I hope nothing too exciting has happened in the last 3 days while I have had no connection at all.

This is probably it until 2nd Jan so hopefully someone can get me up to speed when I get back on line.

Less than 9 hours left of 2012 so if I don't see ya before...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TTAers.

See you in 2013

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
31-12-2012, 01:28 AM
(31-12-2012 01:19 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 01:10 AM)Percepticon Wrote:  I was wondering the same thing....was giving him another day before PMing him, but....eh, it's after midnight now....

I'm on Mabul Island in Malaysia.

Internet is crackle %$&* £$%£ connection terminated!

I hope nothing too exciting has happened in the last 3 days while I have had no connection at all.

This is probably it until 2nd Jan so hopefully someone can get me up to speed when I get back on line.

Less than 9 hours left of 2012 so if I don't see ya before...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TTAers.

See you in 2013
Shitstorms everywhere. Enjoy the gypsies. Happy New Year!

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Percepticon's post
31-12-2012, 04:41 AM
So there's an online shooter game I wanna play, so i go to download it and you have to download the installer which then downloads the game which is fine.
I check my disk space, 8g's left, "should fit" I think to myself.

"Planetside 2 requires 15G of available space"

FML! 15G!!! WTF!!! WHO DOES THAT!! WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU MAKE A GAME THAT PEOPLE HAVE TO DOWNLOAD, 15 FUCKING GIGS!!!!! SONY, ARE YOU ACTUALLY MENTALLY FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

The size is not only the retard-ness, it's the fact that I am on 60G internet bandwidth cap PER MONTH!.
So just to download this fucker would use a quarter of a months worth of internet, let alone actually fucking playing it, let alone all the other shit I do on the internet, let alone I have no idea how far into our cap we are, let alone I have no idea when the cap even resets.

FUCK YOU SONY!! i'M GONNA GO PLAY TRIBES: ASCEND INSTEAD!!

[Image: oscar.png]
31-12-2012, 05:10 AM
No flat-rate? My goodness, how can you live like that?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
31-12-2012, 05:17 AM
It's not that I don't want flat-rate, it's just that there is literally no flat-rates available anywhere in New Zealand short of satellite internet (which costs an arm and a leg).

No lies, Hungary has better internet then us. Our internet is seriously, seriously, seriously shit.

31-12-2012, 05:19 AM
(31-12-2012 05:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  No lies, Hungary has better internet then us. Our internet is seriously, seriously, seriously shit.
WTF?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
31-12-2012, 05:25 AM
(31-12-2012 05:19 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(31-12-2012 05:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  No lies, Hungary has better internet then us. Our internet is seriously, seriously, seriously shit.
WTF?
You said it sister.

31-12-2012, 05:28 AM
I meant how is a European country supposed to be an example of bad internet? I'm willing to bet a lot my internet is better than most of the folk on this forum have. And I'm from Eastern Europe, in other words - where all the poor, unwashed, uneducated, out-to-steal-our-jobs barbarians live.

Just sayin'

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
31-12-2012, 05:44 AM
Shit, at least half of Croatia's ISPs doesn't even have GB limit. Starter packages are flat-rate. I just took the most cheep package and it is 4mbs flat-rate. NZ really does have shitty internet.

On the other side, Hungary is close to Austria and some of the oldest and biggest Internet servers, nods and main cables are located in Austria. Been there since the beginning of the Internet. Croatia gets it's Internet from Austria. Then there is Germany, also close, also a big server and supercomputer country, one of the leading countries in fast Internet connections, optic cables shit like that. So it all kinda makes sense that EU has good Internet.

Sorry you live on an isolated island...

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
31-12-2012, 05:45 AM
(31-12-2012 05:28 AM)Vera Wrote:  I meant how is a European country supposed to be an example of bad internet? I'm willing to bet a lot my internet is better than most of the folk on this forum have. And I'm from Eastern Europe, in other words - where all the poor, unwashed, uneducated, out-to-steal-our-jobs barbarians live.

Just sayin'
When one thinks of Eastern Europe, one tends to drift towards thoughts of... ox and cart. Tongue