Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-01-2013, 08:39 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Vera, Vera, Vera.. you forget the principle rule for all of life; "bitches be crazy".

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2013, 08:41 AM
(02-01-2013 08:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Vera, Vera, Vera.. you forget the principle rule for all of life; "bitches be crazy".
Fair enough.

Sadly, dudes ain't much better Weeping

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2013, 08:47 AM
(02-01-2013 08:28 AM)Vera Wrote:  Jesus Christ! What's with the whole "love at first sight" and "never been in love, until I laid eyes on you" crap in all the romance bilge?! I mean, does anyone seriously believe you could see someone and just know they're the one and only?
People like stories... stories about themselves, all the better... And it can work for maybe one in a hundred. So there's anecdotal evidence...
02-01-2013, 08:53 AM
(02-01-2013 08:41 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(02-01-2013 08:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Vera, Vera, Vera.. you forget the principle rule for all of life; "bitches be crazy".
Fair enough.

Sadly, dudes ain't much better Weeping

There's dude crazy and there's bitch crazy.

We all crazy. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
02-01-2013, 09:05 AM
(02-01-2013 08:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  People like stories... stories about themselves, all the better... And it can work for maybe one in a hundred. So there's anecdotal evidence...
Yeah, but they then expect real life to be like that. Plus, it just gets real old and very quickly at that. While I wouldn't be caught dead in a ditch with a romance novel, when watching something where there is a romantic plot as well, I much prefer the gradual thing. You know, like people normally fall in love.

Granted, there are occasions when people who are instantly attracted to each other, do grow to love each other, but I still maintain that that very first emotion is not love. You love a person for who they are, not for who they think they might be... Okay, that last sentence just totally shifted the whole thing into a completely different territory.

(And of course, we only hear about the stories where it does turn into love. What about the countless other times, when someone "falls in love at first sight", only to fall out of it just as quickly...)
(02-01-2013 08:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  There's dude crazy and there's bitch crazy.
And then there's just downright stupid.

02-01-2013, 02:14 PM
A couple of quick and really stupid ones from today (they are nearly all as stupid, but still...)
"Manny reached out and gathered her hand into his own—and the instant he made contact, his whole body went wakey-wakey on him, as if she were the socket to his inner plug."

"in fact, something in his eyes made her … uncurl on the inside."

And then there is this little gem:

"When he held out his black AmEx, she breasticulated wildly to accept the damn thing, bending over so far she might as well have been trying to pick a swizzle stick off the floor with her nipples."

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
02-01-2013, 02:33 PM
"breasticulated"... hey! I like that one. Very Dylan Thomas-esque.

02-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Vera...I hope you get paid a LOT of money for having to read that crap. Yeesh.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
02-01-2013, 02:41 PM
(02-01-2013 02:33 PM)DLJ Wrote:  "breasticulated"... hey! I like that one. Very Dylan Thomas-esque.
Quelle surprise! Drinking Beverage

You'd think... but no, it's forced, like she's trying oh, so hard to prove she's cool. But she's just stupid. And ugly. Though it might look stupider to me because of all the unimaginable idiocy that surrounds it...

Anj - not enough money in the world. Or booze!

02-01-2013, 02:44 PM
...his whole body went WAKEY-WAKEY...
I feel barfy-barfy and unclean now. Shocking Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post