Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-01-2013, 04:54 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(05-01-2013 04:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  fucking hell, I got a pain in my lower abdomin. It started last night so I went to sleep hoping it'd go away but awoke this morning and it was still there and now it suddenly got a shit load worst and I can barely move.

I suspect that's not a good thing.

Can you spell 'appendicitis'? Probably not, but you may be hearing that word real soon.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 04:58 PM
What Chas said. Exactly what I thought. Please do something about it, Muffs.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
05-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Unless my appendix decided to migrate to my left side, I suspect it's not apendicides (yes you're right, I can't spell it)

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I was gonna ask which side the pain was in. It can still be something serious though. Don't disregard it if it persists for too long.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
05-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Well it better go away by 7, because I got shit to do.

05-01-2013, 05:09 PM
(05-01-2013 04:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  fucking hell, I got a pain in my lower abdomin. It started last night so I went to sleep hoping it'd go away but awoke this morning and it was still there and now it suddenly got a shit load worst and I can barely move.

What the hell did you eat?
Consider
Which side is your pain mostly on? Take your temperature.
If you have a fever and the area is tender, if the pain is nauseating and you puke, head off to the hospital. Abdominal pain, with puking and fever are not a good mix.
If you are able to stand, try to pee. If it hurts or you pee blood, head off to the hospital. Bladder infection, kidney stone, any continuous abdominal pain is really not good.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-01-2013, 05:12 PM

Go to the doctor. Please.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-01-2013, 05:14 PM
(05-01-2013 05:09 PM)kim Wrote:  

Consider
If you have a fever and the area is tender, if the pain is nauseating and you puke, head off to the hospital. Abdominal pain, with puking and fever are not a good mix.
If you are able to stand, try to pee. If it hurts or you pee blood, head off to the hospital. Bladder infection, kidney stone, any continuous abdominal pain is really not good.

Just go to emergency and get checked out.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-01-2013, 05:16 PM
(05-01-2013 05:09 PM)kim Wrote:  

Consider
It's all on the left side, nothing wrong with the right.
I don't feel ill or anything, don't have a fevor or pissing blood.

I'd go to the doctors but I don't have $50. I could go to the poor-mans GP (accident and emergency).
Maybe if it persists.

05-01-2013, 05:24 PM
(05-01-2013 05:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-01-2013 05:09 PM)kim Wrote:  What the hell did you eat?
Consider
It's all on the left side, nothing wrong with the right.
I don't feel ill or anything, don't have a fevor or pissing blood.

I'd go to the doctors but I don't have $50. I could go to the poor-mans GP (accident and emergency).
Maybe if it persists.
LJ's Non-Medical Procedure:

1. Check for external stab wound.

2. Rub area to feel for tender, hard internal lump. If not too tender, rub in circular motion (could be stuck poo in intestine). If very tender, ponder if it is inflamed and valuable life-threatening organ problem that needs immediate help. Get help if so.

3. Decide on waiting vs making trip to doctor. Wait awhile. Reassess and follow procedure steps 1 through 3.

Good luck muffs, hope you feel better soon.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post