Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-01-2013, 06:52 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Lol no.
This show's audience is primary old people (because people my age don't listen to things with actual substance), and so they're phoning in spouting off the same old man crap old people spout off about "back in my day when we were kids this that and the other", completely irrelevant to the topic or whatever.
Or the common one, people will phone in and say something like "the government needs to empower the people" and so the presenter will go "by doing what?" and they'll have nothing, or just spout off some cliche phrase shit.
He wants people to come up with actual workable solutions to the problems being discussed, and he's not afraid to tell an old guy that he's full of shit and doesn't have any clue as to what the fuck he's talking about it.

edit: and lol, he just said what I just said "people can say all these generic sayings, but don't have any actual ideas of how things can be improved".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 06:58 AM
And about whom are you speaking, exactly?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-01-2013, 07:02 AM
Dudley.
08-01-2013, 07:05 AM
Should I be familar with the name?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-01-2013, 07:07 AM
I would be surprised if you were.
08-01-2013, 07:34 AM
Im gonna be live in a min lol
08-01-2013, 08:00 AM
My local authority has had to make massive cuts across everything over the last two years. They have had to restructure the whole show... shutting down day centers, cutting the number of carers, making over 5,000 people redundant and out of work.

I found out today that this year alone... they have to find savings of £20 million fucking pounds, then... on top of all that the next two years its forecast they have to find savings of a FURTHER £44.5 million.

So over the last two years during the restructure, all of the people who have fought tooth and nail to keep services will more than likely have to wave them goodbye. That is most of the homeless shelters, the rest of the day and youth centers, vulnerable care units, all of the volunteer groups who rely on grants who work visiting the elderly, working with young offenders, maintaining green belt and preserving woodlands.......... all gone.

YOU are not important. YOU and YOUR CHILDREN are not important. Your ELDERLY RELATIVES are not important.

Money is..........

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
08-01-2013, 08:01 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 08:19 AM by earmuffs.)
coming up real soon, go listen to me! Angry

Fucking battery cut out on me half way through the conversation!! Angry Angry
08-01-2013, 08:30 AM
(08-01-2013 08:00 AM)bemore Wrote:  My local authority has had to make massive cuts across everything over the last two years. They have had to restructure the whole show... shutting down day centers, cutting the number of carers, making over 5,000 people redundant and out of work.

I found out today that this year alone... they have to find savings of £20 million fucking pounds, then... on top of all that the next two years its forecast they have to find savings of a FURTHER £44.5 million.

So over the last two years during the restructure, all of the people who have fought tooth and nail to keep services will more than likely have to wave them goodbye. That is most of the homeless shelters, the rest of the day and youth centers, vulnerable care units, all of the volunteer groups who rely on grants who work visiting the elderly, working with young offenders, maintaining green belt and preserving woodlands.......... all gone.

YOU are not important. YOU and YOUR CHILDREN are not important. Your ELDERLY RELATIVES are not important.

Money is..........

Aren't things like homeless shelters, youth centers etc.. etc.. etc.. normally the domain of charities anyway?
08-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Is there an archive of the show somewhere muffs?

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user