Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-01-2013, 12:37 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(09-01-2013 12:23 AM)kim Wrote:  Consider Hmm... the first thing I suspected... whatduhyaknow?

Well, tons of water... oh, and you might want to crawl to the hospital. They will give you a sieve to pee into so you can catch your stones when they pass. They'll need to examine them to see what they are made of.

Don't panic: there may be blood. It's just the stone tearing through your urethra.

This will be painful. No other way to say it. Undecided

You might want to lay off the cola & chips. Shy
Remind me never to have you comfort me in a time of need kim Shocking lol
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
09-01-2013, 12:50 AM
I thought I had a kidney stone once, turned out to be a hernia. My doc laughed at me so hard. Self-diagnosis is a dicey procedure. Suggest you go see doc Wink
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-01-2013, 01:00 AM
(09-01-2013 12:37 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Remind me never to have you comfort me in a time of need kim Shocking lol
Ha - yea, my bedside manner isn't very warm & fuzzy, lately. Mod stress, probably. Wink

(09-01-2013 12:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  I thought I had a kidney stone once, turned out to be a hernia. My doc laughed at me so hard. Self-diagnosis is a dicey procedure. Suggest you go see doc Wink

He does need to see a doctor. He needed to see a doctor yesterday... when several of us told him to go. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
09-01-2013, 01:07 AM
Yes! Please go see a doctor!
09-01-2013, 01:12 AM
(09-01-2013 12:23 AM)kim Wrote:  Don't panic: there may be blood. It's just the stone tearing through your urethra.

Actually, the pain and blood will probably come from the area where the bladder opens into the urethra. You probably have crystals, with one larger one that is holding everything up. Once that larger one passes, the others will follow. Cranberry juice can help dissolve them.

Go to the doctor Muffy and let them take care of you. Don't you want to pee through a sieve? Children in China would give anything to pee through a sieve. Dodgy

By the way, did I tell you this can last for a few days? Undecided Doctor. Now.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
09-01-2013, 01:15 AM
(08-01-2013 11:36 PM)kim Wrote:  Yea, I'm kind of content with singularity at the moment, as well. Just thought I'd ask. Wink
I'm such a nerd, I thought you meant singularity . I was all, well I want contentment from singularity right now Sadcryface Ha ha.
(09-01-2013 12:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I've read somewhere that kidney stones are the second most painful thing in the world (after child birth).. so that's.., well lets just say that sometimes I wish I didn't know so much about everything.
Actually cutting off the tips of your fingers is the close second, or maybe even more than childbirth.

Go to a doctor if it's persisting. Maybe you can make room and board at the hospital ( I kid, they prob don't even have wifi?) Get better soon! Maybe instead of stones or poo, it could just be this constant stressful state you're in. Anxiety and worry will give me tummy aches.
09-01-2013, 01:55 AM
The sting of a Trantula Hawk is supposed to rank high with pain too.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-01-2013, 02:03 AM
(08-01-2013 11:23 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Because I don't want one.
You're right. Two is much better than one Angel

But do take care of yourself (and not in that sense), kidney pain is horrible and untreated kidney problems can lead to more serious stiff.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
09-01-2013, 03:19 AM
Woooo! Not kidney stones. Worst, a $110 bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serious urinal pipe thingy infection they said, very uncommon in males and they're not even 100% of what it is so are sending my pee sample (what a pain that was, I peed just before I left I get there and they want me to piss into a cup..) away.
They gave me some anti-biotics and a shit load painkillers, (500tablets of Panadol (I guess our equivalent to 'asprin').

If it persists or comes back it could mean something's seriously fucked with my kidney.

But not stones woooo.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-01-2013, 03:21 AM
(09-01-2013 03:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Woooo! Not kidney stones. Worst, a $110 bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serious urinal pipe thingy infection they said, very uncommon in males and they're not even 100% of what it is so are sending my pee sample (what a pain that was, I peed just before I left I get there and they want me to piss into a cup..) away.
They gave me some anti-biotics and a shit load painkillers, (500tablets of Panadol (I guess our equivalent to 'asprin').

If it persists or comes back it could mean something's seriously fucked with my kidney.

But not stones woooo.
I'm glad you went to the doctor. Hopefully its just an infection and nothing more serious.