Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-01-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(10-01-2013 07:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 04:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm pissed -- my husband gives me a normally reasonable allowance but the problem is because of a banking issue (totally not my fault), I don't have access to said money (or at least with an easy swipe of the ATM card) and I asked nicely for husband to stop at the bank and take out some cash -- he forgot (but did remember the wine I asked him to buy).

I just hate this. I'm becoming terse and deadly.
I'll bring the shovel and lime, you bring the car boot.

Ya....but I drive a mom mini-van (hangs head in total shame). He thought it was practical....

Oh, and now I'm cooking dinner for his mom this weekend. Sigh. I need an appetizer ideas that might or might not include Exlax.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-01-2013, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2013 07:45 PM by Logisch.)
(10-01-2013 07:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You know what pusses me off about that -- it was fucking congress. And it was ONLY supposed to be for a limited time. It was NEVER on the table to be renewed. Had Romney been elected, it would have happened anyway.

It makes my head explode!

Most of the people I've ran into from my home town make my head explode. It's a very small town (Less than 10,000 people), very religious, very ignorant in many ways. My mom used to be a school teacher there, she was one of the few that did technology classes. When they encountered a budget crisis they eliminated ALL ELECTIVE classes. ALL of them. Except sports... of course.

If that's not baffling enough, computers... technology, word processing, those classes were considered electives and taken away. No computer class, no technology, no word processing. I cannot think of very many jobs where a young crowd will not interface with some form of technology at a job when they venture out. My mom was one of those teachers, never got an offer to come back.

But I see this us vs them mentality from so many people I grew up with there. Boggles my mind. I wanted to give this person the benefit of the doubt, but the last actual conversation I had with them ended up in me just raising an eyebrow and thinking, "Wow, you are one bitter son of a bitch."

It bothers me because sometimes the people are very friendly. But so god damned narrow fucking minded. My parents were vilified by their previous church when they switched churches because they didn't agree with "some of the things they did".. I think it was that moment when my parents understood some of my frustrations with religion.

But politics? OH MAN... POLITICS? You talk to people there and it blows my mind the stuff I hear fly out of their mouths. Went to visit my dad one day while he was at work. Some guy walks in and starts talking to him. Apparently Obama is "some kinda god damn fuckin' muslim, they wanna take over our country! ya know if you look every time he does a speech, there's a weird flag in the background and it's the muslim flag! he's secretly working for the muslims!"

I just wonder where in the fuck these guys come up with this stuff... and they all talk to each other, it's a small town. They have meetings, church and work together... it's like a hive mind of bigotry, stupidity and hate. And it's not even in the bible belt!

Anyway...
10-01-2013, 07:53 PM
(10-01-2013 07:41 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 07:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You know what pusses me off about that -- it was fucking congress. And it was ONLY supposed to be for a limited time. It was NEVER on the table to be renewed. Had Romney been elected, it would have happened anyway.

Most of the people I've ran into from my home town make my head explode. It's a very small town (Less than 10,000 people), very religious, very ignorant in many ways. My mom used to be a school teacher there, she was one of the few that did technology classes. When they encountered a budget crisis they eliminated ALL ELECTIVE classes. ALL of them. Except sports... of course.

If that's not baffling enough, computers... technology, word processing, those classes were considered electives and taken away. No computer class, no technology, no word processing. I cannot think of very many jobs where a young crowd will not interface with some form of technology at a job when they venture out. My mom was one of those teachers, never got an offer to come back.

But I see this us vs them mentality from so many people I grew up with there. Boggles my mind. I wanted to give this person the benefit of the doubt, but the last actual conversation I had with them ended up in me just raising an eyebrow and thinking, "Wow, you are one bitter son of a bitch."

It bothers me because sometimes the people are very friendly. But so god damned narrow fucking minded. My parents were vilified by their previous church when they switched churches because they didn't agree with "some of the things they did".. I think it was that moment when my parents understood some of my frustrations with religion.

But politics? OH MAN... POLITICS? You talk to people there and it blows my mind the stuff I hear fly out of their mouths. Went to visit my dad one day while he was at work. Some guy walks in and starts talking to him. Apparently Obama is "some kinda god damn fuckin' muslim, they wanna take over our country! ya know if you look every time he does a speech, there's a weird flag in the background and it's the muslim flag! he's secretly working for the muslims!"

I just wonder where in the fuck these guys come up with this stuff... and they all talk to each other, it's a small town. They have meetings, church and work together... it's like a hive mind of bigotry, stupidity and hate. And it's not even in the bible belt!

Anyway...

They all listen to Michael Savage and watch Faux News. Edit: Fox news...holy crap that really was a DYAC moment.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-01-2013, 08:16 PM
(10-01-2013 07:41 PM)Logisch Wrote:  

Anyway...
If your home town is anything like my home town, the people will be born and raised there.
They will live and work there their whole lives and never really do anything.
They wont venture out, they wont see the world, they wont know anything other then their small shitty roach infested piece of shit town.

I wouldn't get to worked up over it. Just pity their way of life.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
10-01-2013, 08:22 PM
(10-01-2013 08:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  If your home town is anything like my home town, the people will be born and raised there.
They will live and work there their whole lives and never really do anything.
They wont venture out, they wont see the world, they wont know anything other then their small shitty roach infested piece of shit town.

I wouldn't get to worked up over it. Just pity their way of life.

I try not to. I suppose that's the bane of emotional attachment. I just hate seeing my peers grow up and become that.
10-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Ignorance is bliss. Apparently.
10-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Not a rant but the easiest place to find Muffsy...

Are you feeling better? I hope so.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Yea somewhat.
10-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Well, that's better than no.

Remember, no vanilla coke...drink pepsi instead...my husband and son both work for pepsi...coke is bad...just remember that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Indeed.
The cola is out and the Fresh Up (juice company) is back in. There once was a time when all I ever drank was Fresh Up but I think the price went up so it was cheaper to switch to cola.
I can get a 1.5L bottle of coke cheaper then a 1.5L of water... wtf.