Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
13-01-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: Ranting corner
[Image: 407845_436157809782947_597820929_n.jpg] My friend posted this on her facebook.... *facepalm* Why would you think this way?!

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Ugh....if I had a dime.....

Goodness

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

13-01-2013, 06:35 PM
I swear down, if my boss ever tries to take another Sunday off I'm handing her my resignation there and then!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
13-01-2013, 06:40 PM
(13-01-2013 06:35 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I swear down, if my boss ever tries to take another Sunday off I'm handing her my resignation there and then!
Sounds like a winner--you have my condolences.

Say, many years ago I heard somewhere that workplaces need to make reasonable accomodation for religious observance....how true is this?

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2013, 07:15 PM
(13-01-2013 06:40 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  Say, many years ago I heard somewhere that workplaces need to make reasonable accomodation for religious observance....how true is this?

I don't know. It's not something that's ever come up where I work. Most people in England just don't give a shit about religion, even if they do call themselves 'Christian' out of habit.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
13-01-2013, 10:42 PM
(13-01-2013 06:40 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  
(13-01-2013 06:35 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I swear down, if my boss ever tries to take another Sunday off I'm handing her my resignation there and then!
Sounds like a winner--you have my condolences.

Say, many years ago I heard somewhere that workplaces need to make reasonable accomodation for religious observance....how true is this?
Yeah it's true. But it's not just religion, it's things like parenting. Companies have to make serious efforts to work around people's personal life things like picking children up from school.

Of course it can easily be "frauded" by a company just saying that it did take serious consideration but couldn't work around whatever it is.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-01-2013, 12:53 AM
I'm surrounded not only by boys but jack assed boys. Husband gets on kid number two for not wrapping salami up properly. Kid number 1 joins in lamenting "he always does that" and remarks its "irresponsible"

I point out to kid #1 he does the same shit and is older.....

I'm accused of being picky and dismissed by both husband and kid #1.

I go into the kitchen hours after they have all had lunch (to begin dinner) and I find:
Salad left out and
Dishes left on table
Bread bag wide open
Salad dressing left out on the countertop
Mustard and mayo left out
Crumbs all over the table, floor....

So I call them ALL to the kitchen....

I remind them about getting on kid #2's ass about the salami.

Is there remorse? Apologies?
No! They BOTH claim it's the FIRST time that's ever happened.

So then older kid tells me he needs his clothes washed....
I introduce him to the washer.
I also told him that I'm vacuuming his room tomorrow and I know where dad keeps the staplegun. He scratches his head.

If all that shit isn't off the floor by tomorrow I'm stapling the shit to the floor and vacuuming over it.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Don't know if story about genuine salami or really strange perverted euphemism... Consider

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
14-01-2013, 08:22 AM
"he had a feeling Jane might still be back in their bed, lounging after he’d done her right."

I swear to god, if someone ever, EVER even so much as started to say something like this to me, somebody's gonna end up in a body bag and ain't gonna be me. Jesus fucking Christ, this was written by a bloody woman (well, at least by something that claims to be female, though you wouldn't know it to look at it).

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
14-01-2013, 09:15 AM
I reiterate: There are no better jobs?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.