Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-05-2012, 08:18 AM
RE: Ranting corner
A job is a one way ticket to an average life in an average town surrounded by average people.

Nobody achieved anything working for some prick.

I can see how it is appealing to those that want to get married, have 1 and half kids blah blah blah, but that is no way in hell my future.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2012, 02:23 AM
Dood. You're always working for some prick if you want money. If it ain't a boss, it's a client. Don't be thinking clients are any better.

In other news, I love my Gwynnies! I wuz drawing on that girl yesterday morning and got all spun up. Is that supposed to happen? You know, I'm seriously fuckered in the noggin over that girl. I mean, I'm not kidding. Big Grin

See? I don't want money. I had that stuff before, and I was ordering magazines off of ebay fulla Gwynnies. I'm not obsessed, cause I'm broke. Big Grin

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-05-2012, 02:35 AM
The difference between a boss and a client is however, you can tell a client to fuck off and still have a job/business.

21-05-2012, 02:39 AM
You think. Tongue

21-05-2012, 02:43 AM
I know. I've told customers to fuck off before and I'm pretty sure that shitty gas station is still standing strong.
Tongue

21-05-2012, 08:14 AM
I think my brain is initiating defensive protocols in order to preserve functionality of mind - what little is left, anyway - cause last night I was dreaming about Kristen Stewart. Big Grin

22-05-2012, 03:31 AM
Fuck me.
I really need some advice.

I think I have found the solution to all my problems. (That is having shitty flatmates, only friends (or people worth talking to for that matter) being 550kms away and even then they're sketchy at best, bored out of my fucking mind, sick to death of this shitty ass degree especially at the thought that I have 1 and half years of this shit to go, no money (though this probably wont help)).

http://www.statravel.co.nz/london-big-oe.htm

Basically its a thing some Kiwis do. They get working holiday visas that last up to 2years and work in somewhere like a pub that offers accommodation as well (though not always) and basically work have fun and as they get more money they take time off work and travel across the ditch to Europe and have a bit of nosy around there. Then come back, work some more etc.. then travel etc.. You get the point.
I could actually afford the $4,000 I need if.. I sold my precious motorcycle, my pride and joy.
Travel is something I really really wanna do, especially Europe (Italy to be exact) and I think that now would be a really good time in my life. I just really want to do something big, something different, something exciting. FFS I'm young and I'm stuck in this shit hole country surrounded by fucktards and generally bored 90% of the time.

But this isn't something you just go and do, gotta think this shit through. This would mean, a) I have to sell the one thing I value more then anything else in this world, my motorcycle. and b) I would leave my degree half way through... Not to mention if I leave the country for more then 6months they charge interest on the stupid student loan...

22-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Job hunting really, really, really sucks.

I find postings for jobs I would qualify for, in the type of work that I have done for decades and they want to pay starvation wages. Or they want a degree while still offering starvation wages.

The job section of the unemployment office here sends me jobs that don't pay crap and are on the other side of the city meaning I would be paying out a fortune in gas and tolls...not to mention the hours and hours of commute time every week. For some reason they just don't get that I live on the far NE side of the Dallas Metroplex and they match me with jobs on the far SW side...swell. Or they send me potential jobs that say at the end of the listing that I don't have the skills that match the requirements...so why the hell are they sending them to me?

So frustrated right now. I guess I have to remember that it's only been 7 weeks. Some people have it a lot worse.

UGH!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
22-05-2012, 02:02 PM
I've needed somewhere to rant about a few issues that have arisen as of late, and wouldn't you know, the thread called "Ranting corner" seems as good a place as any to do so. Big Grin

My father-in-law came up Easter weekend and that is when the latest round of unnecessary stress kicked in. It kind of starts several weeks prior to that when his newborn came down with the whooping cough and then got pneumonia. His newborn is only a month older than our son (She was born in December and my little beard was born in January) and was in pretty bad shape. He is anti-vaccine, so one of his older kids likely carried it from school or their friend's house (the latter one seems to be the case) back home. He of course isn't blaming not vaccinating his kids, but the science community who claimed to have wiped it out (they never made that claim but were close but retards like himself are giving it a fighting chance again). Anyways, that was a bit stressful for us because we had to ensure that any visits from people that had contact with them didn't bring anything and we had to make sure the girl was back in good health before they came to visit. That girl was so pathetic I nearly cried when I saw her. She was tiny and had only just gotten above her birth weight...4 months after being born. She looked like a holocaust victim, and by that I mean you could see every contour on her skull. It was goddamn pathetic and I really wanted to punch him in the fucking face because his personal views that are based on bullshit nearly ended her life.

That was rant 1

Rant 2 starts the same weekend when he tells my wife and I that he wants to help us buy a new car by giving us between $10,000 to $15,000, I'm not complaining about this. He recently sold his Wendy's franchise (a lot of mystery here as to why but that is another topic) and is waiting on estimates about the property so he can collect, and this is where the money is to come from. He said then it would be a few weeks before he knew, then it was by the end of May, and then he told my wife that it would mid-Juneish. Well, I'm still not really complaining here because he doesn't have to give us anything, but it is what else he said to my wife that really sends me into a rage. My wife and I will be moving in August to Connecticut where I will be starting my PhD at UConn. So, my wife tried to get him to give us an answer one way or the other on the car because we have to begin making moves to get rid of other cars and/or get them fixed so that we don't have 4 cars when we move (we only need/want 2). I was fine with him saying he would not be able to help us out, but then he opened his right-wing mouth and made my wife cry with his bullshit (she cried to me, not him). He told her that she should be a stay-at-home mom and that I did not need to get my PhD and that I should go get a job with my masters. He even suggested I move to Ohio (where he lives) and work for a shale-gas company.

I was so damn mad I couldn't fucking see straight. My wife has a BA in Psych and a master's in mental health counseling and has no plans to be a stay-at-home mom (why the hell get any degrees and pile up >$100,000 in student loans if that is your plan?). She got upset because she felt bad that we may have to put our son in daycare and he was making her feel bad by saying she was going to miss-out on him growing up, that thought devastated her. Our son would not be in daycare all day, and he has no room to talk as a parent (long backstory here but he ain't no 'father of the year' candidate nor has he ever been). He doesn't think women should have careers and that I should be the one supporting the family and not a joint effort. I could almost see his point about me and the PhD if I was going in debt doing it, but both my masters and my PhD position are paid positions with tuition waived. That means I make a net profit with a yearly salary of ~$20,000 as a PhD student and get a free PhD. Not a lot of money but with the wife working full-time, it would be more than enough for us to provide for our family and still save up money on the side. He just doesn't value education and doesn't agree with me teaching at a university (too liberal) nor does he want us moving to Connecticut (too liberal). And I WOULD NEVER WORK FOR ONE OF THESE SHADY-ASS SHALE-GAS COMPANIES!!!! I don't necessarily disagree with using shale-gas technology, but I don't like where it is at and what it is doing in the NE. For him, it's all about the $$$$, and that pisses me off. What right does he have to say these things to my wife? The audacity of this Rush Limbaughesque asshole!!!

Okay, I feel better now.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
22-05-2012, 02:46 PM
And I have a co-worker who I hate. I hate her guts. I judge people fast and my I never fail, and this was the case here.
When I first saw her coming to the company as a newbie I already got some weird vibes from her.
Maybe some of you know from some of my previous posts that I am pretty decent in cold reading. I am not doing that on purpose but I also can not turn it off and on how I like. I read people and that is how I form an opinion.

So back to this person.
I saw her facial expressions, her clothing, her walk, her talk, her voice, her micro expressions, her eyes, I heard her talking to others before we talked the first sentence. And already I knew that this is a person I do not want around me!
When she found out that a friend of mine and me are walking home together every day she started timing herself so she would walk with us. Or she would just catch up at some point. My friend and I are both very annoyed. Because when she does so, she will interrupt whatever we where talking before and babble about work and ask questions about policies and things like that. She squeezes between us, I always end up walking behind the two of them because I find it childish to fight for where to walk.
After a few times of her doing this I got a HUGE HUGE feeling that this is the sort of person that will always be nice as long as you face her but once you turn her back on her she will bad mouth you immediately.
This came true.
So I am one of two mentors in my team and she is in my team as well. She came to me with a question, I told her I will find out and I asked my teamlead about it. Of course I did, I do that all the time, I talk about the people with the teamlead, I have to friggin do that, it's my JOB! So fact is that this person doesn't perform well at work and she asked me what's gonna happen next, and as she has been on a improvement program already and I have never seen the case before, that after being of that program you still suck, I asked the teamlead.
Teamlead told me she's going to talk to this person. I went to the person, told her when and where they will have a little talk, reaction was "did you tell her about the performance?" "yes of course" *annoyed face* "did you say my name?" "sure I did" "you shouldn't have!" I explained that it is a much better sign of her to show that she knows that there is a problem and to show that she wants to solve it, and I told her that her stats are no secret and they are still watching her anyway. She didn't like the answer and that was the end for the moment.
In the evening I got held up so my friend went home already. Next morning my friend tells me that that person was bad mouthing me and that she told her the same things that I told her, of course she didn't like that.
Now, today I walk to work, was a little late and while walking I read the morning paper. She walks by, obviously recognizes me and that I am reading (a newspaper is not exactly small) and shouts "MORNING!" and starts laughing as I jump. The only thing I said was "don't do that!!" and kept reading, not returning a smile or anything, it was fucking 7:30. Nice start into the day, before a tea and a breakfast, still half asleep getting scared the shit... She knows that I jump easily because the few times when I do focus, if someone interrupts me from behind I feel like having a heart attack everytime.
She is an arse... a big fat dirty one!

Ok done, thanks for ignoring, felt good

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)