Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-01-2013, 06:24 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Jesus! I think I need a trip to the loony bin. Stat. Just gave myself the scare of a lifetime. Hit play on my last.fm radio, but since I've "moved" to the US, it takes a while to start playing... about a minute later there's this loud, siren-like sound coming from god knows where... I thought we were under attack or something, until I realised it was my music (took me forever, too)[Image: scare.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2013, 07:08 AM
I managed to rig my iPod up to be usable.

Sticky tape can hold the screen together for now.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
26-01-2013, 11:57 AM
"’Cause he was strongly considering a job as a lawn sprinkler, and he didn’t want to go all weeping-willow in front of anyone."

I guess nobody has ever bothered to let her in on a little secret. That less is nearly always more. Or maybe it was just a round of how-many-crappy-metaphors-can-I-cram-into-a-single-sentence game... If I may reiterate:

[Image: tumblr_meix6hOa5q1ro5jqxo1_500.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
26-01-2013, 12:02 PM
(26-01-2013 11:57 AM)Vera Wrote:  "’Cause he was strongly considering a job as a lawn sprinkler, and he didn’t want to go all weeping-willow in front of anyone."

I guess nobody has ever bothered to let her in on a little secret. That less is nearly always more. Or maybe it was just a round of how-many-crappy-metaphors-can-I-cram-into-a-single-sentence game... If I may reiterate:

[Image: tumblr_meix6hOa5q1ro5jqxo1_500.jpg]

I can't even imagine the context of that sentence, except maybe in a Monty Python sketch. WTAF does it mean?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-01-2013, 12:18 PM
(26-01-2013 12:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  I can't even imagine the context of that sentence, except maybe in a Monty Python sketch. WTAF does it mean?
That he is about to start crying (because for once someone is not revolted by him being gay), but being a big strong macho man (just like all women like their men - strong and stupid and strong. Did I mention strong?), he ain't gonna cry in front of no one. No way, no how.

26-01-2013, 12:30 PM
(26-01-2013 12:18 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(26-01-2013 12:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  I can't even imagine the context of that sentence, except maybe in a Monty Python sketch. WTAF does it mean?
That he is about to start crying (because for once someone is not revolted by him being gay), but being a big strong macho man (just like all women like their men - strong and stupid and strong. Did I mention strong?), he ain't gonna cry in front of no one. No way, no how.

OK, that brings a tear to my eye. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-01-2013, 12:38 PM
(26-01-2013 12:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  OK, that brings a tear to my eye.
Well, we always knew you were an effeminate b... ahem... never mind [Image: whistle2.gif]

26-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Wow, Vera, just wow.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
26-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Muffsy, you okay?

I don't understand the housing where you are, so I don't fully grasp the moving every couple months.

Hope you are getting set up somewhere.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
26-01-2013, 08:32 PM
My brother-in-law whom I've never met and who apparently also lives in Wellington (his brother is going to marry my sister, and I just learnt the other day they're having a baby together so I'm gonna be an uncle) kicked ass and got a trailer and let me store all my shit in his garage.
Totally awesome guy, he's like almost his families version of me. If he was 6 years younger, a foot or two taller and a lot more narcisstic and racist that resemblence would be uncanny.

So I'm staying with my parents, which I really didn't want to do, until I can sort some paper work shit out for a place I could have back down in Wellington.

It's fucking frustrtating to say the least.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post