Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
01-02-2013, 06:11 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(01-02-2013 06:00 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Preferably with hair.
I prefer shaved Dodgy

Also, them kitties not good enough for you, eh?

[Image: sphynx-cat580x360.jpg]

[Image: Sphynx-cats-are-found-to-be-the-friendli...20_300.jpg]

Those are beautiful animals, and I don't care what anyone says. And tell me this is not cute. Look me in the eyes and tell me it's not. Or rather, look it in the eyes and tell me it's not.

[Image: 8498mle_27.jpeg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
01-02-2013, 07:00 PM
I"M NOT ALONE!

Sphinx cats are where it's at. They're so adorable. I want one. It can be friends with Nelson, my future daschund and Wellington, my future pug and Napoleon, my future duck.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
01-02-2013, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 07:04 PM by Mr Woof.)
Its not easy playing the dilettante! Thumbsup

"Lean,keen, and so serene"~~~
01-02-2013, 07:08 PM
(01-02-2013 07:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I"M NOT ALONE!

Sphinx cats are where it's at. They're so adorable. I want one. It can be friends with Nelson, my future daschund and Wellington, my future pug and Napoleon, my future duck.

You have a future duck named Napoleon? Hmmm

The sun rises in the West and the bird shits on the coffeetable.

01-02-2013, 07:14 PM
They make great pets.
As do chickens. I use to have a pet chicken, long story behind that one.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
01-02-2013, 07:22 PM
(01-02-2013 07:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  They make great pets.
As do chickens. I use to have a pet chicken, long story behind that one.
Pets are great, particularly dogs in my view. I mentioned Greyfriar' Yes s Bobby in my non best seller.

"Lean,keen, and so serene"~~~
01-02-2013, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 07:43 PM by Free Thought.)
Straws. Angry

Fucking straws. Until yesterday, I thought I had straws completely worked out; Suck in one end, liquid comes up, and I get to drink, simple enough, right?

NOPE!

Yesterday, my Scientific Studies teacher comes to class, boils water at room temperature (about 20C) in a beaker, and then tells us; if we had a straw, nobody in my class would be able to drink the water in the beaker. "Suction doesn't exist" he says!! It's all atmospheres!

Now, I have practically no fucking clue how straws work! Hobo

Fuckin' Straws. Censored

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
01-02-2013, 08:06 PM
My sister made the mistake of 'adopting' one of my grandfathers cows once. She named it Snowball, fed it, loved on it...one day snowball was gone, but our freezer was full. Evil_monster We took the damn thing to the slaughterhouse with her in the backseat of the truck and she never realized it Wink

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
01-02-2013, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 05:48 AM by Full Circle.)
(01-02-2013 07:40 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Straws. Angry

Fucking straws. Until yesterday, I thought I had straws completely worked out; Suck in one end, liquid comes up, and I get to drink, simple enough, right?

NOPE!

Yesterday, my Scientific Studies teacher comes to class, boils water at room temperature (about 20C) in a beaker, and then tells us; if we had a straw, nobody in my class would be able to drink the water in the beaker. "Suction doesn't exist" he says!! It's all atmospheres!

Now, I have practically no fucking clue how straws work! Hobo

Fuckin' Straws. Censored

I feel for you. Have you heard of the Khan Academy http://www.khanacademy.org/? Terrific tutoring presentations! This a free online library of 15 minute clips explaining everything from basic addition to differential calculus, physics, history, monetary policy, evolution, natural selection etc. but unfortunately not changes in ambient pressures to explain your fuckin' straw that I could find for you I'm afraid. Do take the time to browse the site, you're going to love it.

Back to your straw, remember this, if you change the pressure (increase or decrease) in one part of a closed system whatever is in the system (gas or liquid) will flow towards the area with the lesser pressure. When you "suck" on a straw you are mechanically decreasing the pressure inside your mouth with your lungs (creating a partial vaccum). Now, in relationship, the atmospheric pressure being exerted on the water in the glass is greater than that on the other side, your mouth. Which way will the liquid flow? From glass to mouth.

So its more accurate to scream "its all changes in atmosphere" instead of "its all atmospheres" as you say.

Hope this helps.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
01-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Lol, Magoo.
Your clever plan didn't work.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user