Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-05-2012, 11:56 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(27-05-2012 11:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-05-2012 10:55 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ya know who I hate?

My landlord.

She's a bitch.

Start fixing shit around the place of your own accord and make note of her response. Wink
The reason I'm NOT fixing shit is the reason she's being a bitch right now so that advice is probably warranted.

I put my knee through the wall like 2weeks back, fell down the stairs, and I wont have any money to fix it till late June. I told the bitches husband this and he was like "sweet as brah" and now tonight I get a phone call from her "why the fuck is it not fixed!! blah blah blah you have a responsibility blah blah blah". In the end the conversation ended with us agreeing to me getting quotes and then getting a guy out in late June when I have the money which is exactly what I was gonna do in the first fucking place!!!! making her whole angry phone call demanding this that and the other completely pointless.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Two things that I would love to complain about is, never getting to play as the germans, and until recently a lack of games where you could play as the soviets. And there not being a historically accurate game for WWI. Though they did come out with a 'necrovision' game. Which takes place in WWI but with an alternate story line with... ZOMBIES! Zombies and trench warfare? I know right! They released it for the computer and it's on my games that I must buy list.

There is also a mod for Half Life 1 & 2 called 'the trenches' which is a WWI scenario mod. I don't have Half Life. But this would seem like a very good reason to get it. In fact I should probably get Half Life regardless of the mod, I hear it was a pretty good game. And from what I've seen from the videos... maybe a little difficult to. And that's good things to have in a game. A sense of difficulty. I'm sure we've all noticed how the game developers have been catering to complete noobs lately right? Am I right here? Who agrees?
[+] 1 user Likes TheArcticSage's post
28-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Half Life was/is way WAY overrated.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-05-2012, 01:57 AM
(28-05-2012 01:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Half Life was/is way WAY overrated.
Don't know, never played it Consider just saying that it looks good, and has some good mods for it.
28-05-2012, 04:52 AM
Half-Life is decent. Don't listen to earmuffs. Dubstep rotted his brain. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
29-05-2012, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2012 08:54 AM by Anjele.)
DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!

Just got a call from the place where I interviewed and I really wanted the job, I was so excited when the lady told me where she was calling from, only to be let down by her telling me they hired someone else.

Geez I hate being out of work and going on interviews that are just a set up for rejection.

I will now assume the fetal position for the rest of the day.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
29-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Ah Shame Angele Sad Hopefully since they called you back it means they think you're good though. And hopefully that means that other companies will think so too... Still, ouch Undecided
29-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Aw man Anjele, so sorry, I know how you feel.
I am not out of work but I applied for a higher position and got let down as well. Now they make feel like I did something wrong. I got a mail, telling me that I don't get the position, asking me if they are allowed to tell my teamlead that I applied and they want to meet me this week. I feel like "what have I done now??" I know I do a good job, I work well, I am a good mentor, I get bonusses regulary... So what do they want from me?

And I have probably broken my toe and no money to get an x-ray, so I am currently bandaging my toes so it can heal well...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
29-05-2012, 09:07 PM
(27-05-2012 11:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(27-05-2012 11:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Start fixing shit around the place of your own accord and make note of her response. Wink
The reason I'm NOT fixing shit is the reason she's being a bitch right now so that advice is probably warranted.

That's precisely why you should start fixing shit. To experience ingratiation. You will have to initiate it. Wink

(27-05-2012 11:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I put my knee through the wall like 2weeks back, fell down the stairs, and I wont have any money to fix it till late June.

That's no more than a 2'x2' drywall patch. $10US and and an hour of my time?

#sigh
29-05-2012, 09:16 PM
(29-05-2012 08:50 AM)Anjele Wrote:  DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!

Just got a call from the place where I interviewed and I really wanted the job, I was so excited when the lady told me where she was calling from, only to be let down by her telling me they hired someone else.

Geez I hate being out of work and going on interviews that are just a set up for rejection.

That sucks. Have you checked out http://www.usajobs.gov/? I can vouch for the employer.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post