Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
04-02-2013, 12:15 AM
RE: Ranting corner
God, this is embarrassing. To be honest, I hate that I am posting this precisely because there is no valid reason for any of you to know anything more meaningful in my life other than the few specifics that pertain to the forum or my very random and long musings on why I chose atheism and the like, but I just need to get this out somewhere. I have had a shit January. My girlfriend broke up with me (in detention,but that's a different, but not unrelated, story) and then my brother suddenly wants my money to by himself a new "Custom built" computer. Basically, just a computer his buddies picked out the parts for. Now, while the first one sucks, you might think the second issue is not that big of a deal. However, you should be wrong to think that I can simply just say "No" and it would be over with.

My brother and I do not get along, and on multiple occasions it bordered on a "I want to fucking kill you" level. His stupidity and stubbornness and my lack of handling stupidity well and my own stubbornness do not mix well. Plus, he constantly steals my stuff (that includes my food, but this is now a rarity[thanks Bucky]) and destroys whatever he doesn't steal. Basically, if I don't give him the money, he will break my stuff. He already has tried to steal my phone and drop it into the toliet. He is a fucking spoiled brat and my parents never believe me when I tell them of what he is doing. The more I say no, the higher the chance I suffer for it.

And then, a white light appeared. Suddenly two of the most amazing people I have met have decided to get together and form a (what I am hoping is a lasting) relationship. I am extremely excited and happy for them, but one can not but help looking and comparing yourself to them if you were in my shoes. While my emotions and shit is upbeat, I get annoyed at there constant "Ahhh, he is so sweet, you should take his advice, Steven" and "We'll tell you when you're older" and their whole demeanor. I am not saying they shouldn't be happy, but it's a bit of a downer to see other people so happy when I am so fucking depressed. So I have resolved to try to limit my contact with the two as to not mess with the mojo they have going with each other and to make sure I won't suddenly lash out and make an ass out of myself.
I can't help but wish to grow up quick so I can leave this hellhole behind. First thing I am going to do when I am 18: get a library card.

Basically, If January is any indicator of how 2013 is going to be, you won't see me on anymore.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
04-02-2013, 04:43 AM
(04-02-2013 12:15 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  God, this is embarrassing. To be honest, I hate that I am posting this precisely because there is no valid reason for any of you to know anything more meaningful in my life other than the few specifics that pertain to the forum or my very random and long musings on why I chose atheism and the like, but I just need to get this out somewhere. I have had a shit January. My girlfriend broke up with me (in detention,but that's a different, but not unrelated, story) and then my brother suddenly wants my money to by himself a new "Custom built" computer. Basically, just a computer his buddies picked out the parts for. Now, while the first one sucks, you might think the second issue is not that big of a deal. However, you should be wrong to think that I can simply just say "No" and it would be over with.

My brother and I do not get along, and on multiple occasions it bordered on a "I want to fucking kill you" level. His stupidity and stubbornness and my lack of handling stupidity well and my own stubbornness do not mix well. Plus, he constantly steals my stuff (that includes my food, but this is now a rarity[thanks Bucky]) and destroys whatever he doesn't steal. Basically, if I don't give him the money, he will break my stuff. He already has tried to steal my phone and drop it into the toliet. He is a fucking spoiled brat and my parents never believe me when I tell them of what he is doing. The more I say no, the higher the chance I suffer for it.

And then, a white light appeared. Suddenly two of the most amazing people I have met have decided to get together and form a (what I am hoping is a lasting) relationship. I am extremely excited and happy for them, but one can not but help looking and comparing yourself to them if you were in my shoes. While my emotions and shit is upbeat, I get annoyed at there constant "Ahhh, he is so sweet, you should take his advice, Steven" and "We'll tell you when you're older" and their whole demeanor. I am not saying they shouldn't be happy, but it's a bit of a downer to see other people so happy when I am so fucking depressed. So I have resolved to try to limit my contact with the two as to not mess with the mojo they have going with each other and to make sure I won't suddenly lash out and make an ass out of myself.
I can't help but wish to grow up quick so I can leave this hellhole behind. First thing I am going to do when I am 18: get a library card.

Basically, If January is any indicator of how 2013 is going to be, you won't see me on anymore.
If it is any constelation I have been fucking miserable for the past 10 years.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-02-2013, 04:47 AM
(04-02-2013 04:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If it is any constelation I have been fucking miserable for the past 10 years.
It is, muffsy, it is - the brightest and cutest constellation of them all Angel

[Image: constellation.jpg.jpeg]

(Also, not to worry - being miserable doesn't have an expiration date. And it's not like oil - resources are inexhaustible Dodgy )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
04-02-2013, 08:55 AM
(03-02-2013 11:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Waitangi Day on Wednesday.
The day that is suppose to celebrate the signing of the Treaty fo Waitangi, the treaty that assured peace between the British colonists and the Maori native tribes, but is just fuel for the Maori for political complaints and a constant reminder of the ever increasing divide between "New Zealanders" and radical (I say that only because I don't know how else to say it, well I do but people would have a fucking cry...again.) Maori Tribes.

Expect a few strongly worded opinions in this thread on Wednesday.
Thanks for the history lesson. I'll be sure to to perform my Haka war dance on Wednesday!

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
04-02-2013, 09:16 AM
(04-02-2013 12:15 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  God, this is embarrassing. To be honest, I hate that I am posting this precisely because there is no valid reason for any of you to know anything more meaningful in my life other than the few specifics that pertain to the forum or my very random and long musings on why I chose atheism and the like, but I just need to get this out somewhere. I have had a shit January. My girlfriend broke up with me (in detention,but that's a different, but not unrelated, story) and then my brother suddenly wants my money to by himself a new "Custom built" computer. Basically, just a computer his buddies picked out the parts for. Now, while the first one sucks, you might think the second issue is not that big of a deal. However, you should be wrong to think that I can simply just say "No" and it would be over with.

Muffs, can your parents step in? I think it woul be wise to have them referee your spat with your bro.
FWIW Giving in to bullies only emboldens them (think Lord Chamberlain).
Never be envious of other's happiness, demeans you and makes you bitter. Rejoice with them, it'll make you feel better. If you can't rejoice then let them go on their way and now strive to get to where they are.
This too shall pass.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Calm down Ato. Some gentle teasing is something that we've all done, not just hobbit girl and I. Of course you are welcome to talk to us anytime, I am truly sorry that I have offended you, if you want to talk, don't estimate to get in touch. Obviously she and I both care about you and your situation quite a lot, perhaps our happy mood has coloured how we have treated you, and kept us from sympathising much. I do hope things look up for you, and again, do get in touch if you feel up to it. Now that I know how you are feeling I can better offer advice or a shoulder, should you need or want it. Hug

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Near's post
04-02-2013, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 12:13 PM by Lienda Bella.)
WeepingI have to admit that sometimes a person will have to do certain things that they don't like for the better good. On the other hand, these 'level' classes require money that I just don't have on me at the moment. Speech class... UCK! Guh. I remember the last time I took that. No I do not want to go.
04-02-2013, 01:24 PM
(04-02-2013 11:57 AM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  WeepingI have to admit that sometimes a person will have to do certain things that they don't like for the better good. On the other hand, these 'level' classes require money that I just don't have on me at the moment. Speech class... UCK! Guh. I remember the last time I took that. No I do not want to go.
Speech Therapy or just speeches.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
04-02-2013, 03:07 PM
(04-02-2013 09:16 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Muffs, can your parents step in? I think it woul be wise to have them referee your spat with your bro.
FWIW Giving in to bullies only emboldens them (think Lord Chamberlain).
Never be envious of other's happiness, demeans you and makes you bitter. Rejoice with them, it'll make you feel better. If you can't rejoice then let them go on their way and now strive to get to where they are.
This too shall pass.

First of all, I'm not muffs, and I think that I have made it pretty clear that they can't. I am happy for them, but I think it is stupid to say that envying the happy will lead to bad things and or make you bitter. One can't NOT be jealous or at least not envious of the position others are in. ONE also can be jealous and rejoice with them, they are not mutually exclusive. I am not parting from them for, what I hope at least, a temporary situation of me being unhappy.

Thanks for the idealistic advice, but things aren't nearly as clear cut as "Not giving in= victory" it's more like "Not giving in= my shit being broken"

04-02-2013, 03:11 PM
(04-02-2013 11:15 AM)Near Wrote:  Calm down Ato. Some gentle teasing is something that we've all done, not just hobbit girl and I. Of course you are welcome to talk to us anytime, I am truly sorry that I have offended you, if you want to talk, don't estimate to get in touch. Obviously she and I both care about you and your situation quite a lot, perhaps our happy mood has coloured how we have treated you, and kept us from sympathising much. I do hope things look up for you, and again, do get in touch if you feel up to it. Now that I know how you are feeling I can better offer advice or a shoulder, should you need or want it. :hug:

First of all, I would prefer to NOT ask you for
Any type of advice, whatsoever.

Second of all, I made it plainly clear that Ageism and stuff remotely to that is a fucking sore spot. I absolutely hate it when people assume I am less than them or deserve not to know certain stuff because of my age. Granted, some Ageism is necessary within reason, but it's nulls bullshit when people deny me info based on my age.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A bit of ranting... Filox 26 1,199 07-08-2012 05:02 PM
Last Post: bemore
  I just felt like ranting, like CYTB often does. itsFerdinand 10 780 02-12-2011 11:25 PM
Last Post: houseofcantor