Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
04-02-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(04-02-2013 11:15 AM)Near Wrote:  Calm down Ato. Some gentle teasing is something that we've all done, not just hobbit girl and I. Of course you are welcome to talk to us anytime, I am truly sorry that I have offended you, if you want to talk, don't estimate to get in touch. Obviously she and I both care about you and your situation quite a lot, perhaps our happy mood has coloured how we have treated you, and kept us from sympathising much. I do hope things look up for you, and again, do get in touch if you feel up to it. Now that I know how you are feeling I can better offer advice or a shoulder, should you need or want it. Hug

What I am most upset about is the situation with my brother.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2013, 04:36 PM
(04-02-2013 03:07 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 09:16 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Muffs, can your parents step in? I think it woul be wise to have them referee your spat with your bro.
FWIW Giving in to bullies only emboldens them (think Lord Chamberlain).
Never be envious of other's happiness, demeans you and makes you bitter. Rejoice with them, it'll make you feel better. If you can't rejoice then let them go on their way and now strive to get to where they are.
This too shall pass.

First of all, I'm not muffs, and I think that I have made it pretty clear that they can't. I am happy for them, but I think it is stupid to say that envying the happy will lead to bad things and or make you bitter. One can't NOT be jealous or at least not envious of the position others are in. ONE also can be jealous and rejoice with them, they are not mutually exclusive. I am not parting from them for, what I hope at least, a temporary situation of me being unhappy.

Thanks for the idealistic advice, but things aren't nearly as clear cut as "Not giving in= victory" it's more like "Not giving in= my shit being broken"

Ato,
I got a bit confused there, sorry.
I wasn't aware that your parents cannot help.
I stand by what I said, envy, in my opinion, leads to bitterness.
The reason I said to let them go on their way is because you stated...

So I have resolved to try to limit my contact with the two as to not mess with the mojo they have going with each other and to make sure I won't suddenly lash out and make an ass out of myself.

I was agreeing with you.

As far as brothers are concerened I am 1 of 4. I've had my share of fights, run-ins, disagreements and all-out fucking wars with them and I can tell you from my own personal experience that in your position you can make a stand or you can continually be blackmailed until you finally move out. Neither is pleasant, you just have to figure out which do you prefer. Good luck.

The Devil knows more because he is old than because he is the Devil - Spanish saying
El Diablo sabe mas por viejo que por ser Diablo

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
04-02-2013, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 05:44 PM by Full Circle.)
I know they mean well, really I do, but this is the kind of pithy drivel I receive weekly from my loved ones. AAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to make a difference? Give $ to cancer research, spend time in Children's hospitals, comfort the grief stricken but for fuck's sake keep this shit out of my in box. Thank you.

"Chemo Day

Some will say you will pray because it is a nice thing to say or it is politically correct. Then there are those of you who will get down on your knees and really do it. I'm sending this to some who will.

This prayer means so much so please say the prayer for everyone and pass it on.

Cancer is a strange cell.
You can go along for years in remission And then one day it pops its head up again. If you ever have it you will never be free of it. Pray for the day there will be a permanent cure.

A SMALL REQUEST...

93% won't forward, but I'm Sure You Will.

A small request.....Just one line

Dear God,
I pray that You will guide someone to find a cure for cancer in 2013 ....in Jesus' name.
Amen

All you are asked to do is keep this circulating, Even if it's only to one more person. In memory of anyone you know who has been struck down by cancer or is still living with it.
A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle.

Please Keep This Candle Going"

*I deleted lots of bolding and pictures from the original message

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
04-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Dude - your writing is too big and fucks up my screen. I didn't read it. Sorry. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
04-02-2013, 05:49 PM
(04-02-2013 05:33 PM)kim Wrote:  Dude - your writing is too big and fucks up my screen. I didn't read it. Sorry. Dodgy
Kim, if you are referring to my previous post I just made the font smaller but it looks alright to me on my screen. Consider

04-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Christians complaining about people being whingy about their rights and then freaking out when you question their religious rights. Fucking assholes *cough* sorry.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
04-02-2013, 06:22 PM
(04-02-2013 03:20 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 11:15 AM)Near Wrote:  Calm down Ato. Some gentle teasing is something that we've all done, not just hobbit girl and I. Of course you are welcome to talk to us anytime, I am truly sorry that I have offended you, if you want to talk, don't estimate to get in touch. Obviously she and I both care about you and your situation quite a lot, perhaps our happy mood has coloured how we have treated you, and kept us from sympathising much. I do hope things look up for you, and again, do get in touch if you feel up to it. Now that I know how you are feeling I can better offer advice or a shoulder, should you need or want it. Hug

What I am most upset about is the situation with my brother.
He brakes something of yours? Brake something of his worth more.
He steals your food, you steal his and some.

Some people just need to know who's the alpha male in the pack. So get off your ass Ato and go piss in his room.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
04-02-2013, 06:24 PM
I was good at work yesterday. One of my co-workers deserved to have my foot rammed right up their stupid ass but I didn't.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
04-02-2013, 06:26 PM
(04-02-2013 06:24 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I was good at work yesterday. One of my co-workers deserved to have my foot rammed right up their stupid ass but I didn't.
Well done sir!

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
04-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Crash,blast ,damn,spew etc.....
Silly old f/tard; knew I never should never have traded that old 486 in for one of those new fanghled portable machines!
Crash,even Kaspersky can't help;out the window it goes! Censored

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A bit of ranting... Filox 26 1,199 07-08-2012 05:02 PM
Last Post: bemore
  I just felt like ranting, like CYTB often does. itsFerdinand 10 780 02-12-2011 11:25 PM
Last Post: houseofcantor