Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-02-2013, 04:40 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So down in the dumps. It feels like we're just hemorrhaging money. Last year, it was the furnace, this year it's a roof. Husband just planned a trip to Jamaica for him and our oldest son.

It just feels like we'll get a little ahead....one step forward two huge steps backward. We know the roof needs to be done..and we're getting an awesome deal....it's the off season....but still.....

It just hurts.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2013, 05:33 PM
(06-02-2013 04:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So down in the dumps. It feels like we're just hemorrhaging money. Last year, it was the furnace, this year it's a roof. Husband just planned a trip to Jamaica for him and our oldest son.

It just feels like we'll get a little ahead....one step forward two huge steps backward. We know the roof needs to be done..and we're getting an awesome deal....it's the off season....but still.....

It just hurts.
Getting behind happens to even the best of financial managers sometimes, try not to stress out. Ultimately you have to either find a way to increase your income and/or decrease your expenses. I don't know all of the details, nor will I pry. Perhaps you need to set down and have a serious conversation about reducing your expenses if you have no way of increasing your income at the moment. There are some free spreadsheets available online to make a budget. I would recommend setting down with him, going through the bank statements and figure out where your money is going if you don't know. The easiest ways to cut down expenses for most people are in the "food" and "entertainment" category. Eat out less and cut out going to the movies/bowling/golfing/vacations /cable or satellite tv etc. I have some training in this area, though I don't claim to be an expert. If you would like more advise I can help, but if you don't I more than understand and I certainly will not pry. Good luck!

06-02-2013, 05:55 PM
(06-02-2013 05:33 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(06-02-2013 04:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So down in the dumps. It feels like we're just hemorrhaging money. Last year, it was the furnace, this year it's a roof. Husband just planned a trip to Jamaica for him and our oldest son.

It just hurts.
Getting behind happens to even the best of financial managers sometimes, try not to stress out. Ultimately you have to either find a way to increase your income and/or decrease your expenses. I don't know all of the details, nor will I pry. Perhaps you need to set down and have a serious conversation about reducing your expenses if you have no way of increasing your income at the moment. There are some free spreadsheets available online to make a budget. I would recommend setting down with him, going through the bank statements and figure out where your money is going if you don't know. The easiest ways to cut down expenses for most people are in the "food" and "entertainment" category. Eat out less and cut out going to the movies/bowling/golfing/vacations /cable or satellite tv etc. I have some training in this area, though I don't claim to be an expert. If you would like more advise I can help, but if you don't I more than understand and I certainly will not pry. Good luck!

It's not that bad from a financial stance -- we do have a good savings (we've been saving since we bought the house for the roof and heating system. It's just you grow used to seeing the $ and when you see it go even expectantly down....it's like ouch. Ya know?

We do need to shop better (smarter)...who doesn't? Outside stuff we don't do a lot -- husband loves to travel we save for that tho.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-02-2013, 01:22 AM
Re: Ranting corner
Being so amped up from an awful day that you can't fall asleep or relax. Angry
07-02-2013, 07:16 AM
What the actual fuck? I take my going to sleep pills and end up lying awake the whole night not feeling tired at all? That NEVER happens, and I've been having trouble just barely going to sleep for the last few nights as well. Perhaps it's time to switch medications, but my medical doctor is back in fucking DC. This is not the time of the semester I need medication issues popping up. Angry

[Image: giphy.gif]
07-02-2013, 07:29 AM
(07-02-2013 07:16 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  What the actual fuck? I end up lying awake the whole night.
Guilty conscience will do that to you.

[Image: insomnia-1.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
07-02-2013, 07:32 AM
(07-02-2013 07:29 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(07-02-2013 07:16 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  What the actual fuck? I end up lying awake the whole night.
Guilty conscience will do that to you.

[Image: insomnia-1.jpg]
I have done nothing in the recent past that I am ashamed of. Angel

07-02-2013, 07:36 AM
(07-02-2013 07:32 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I have done nothing in the recent past that I am ashamed of. Angel
"Old sins cast long shadows."

07-02-2013, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 07:43 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)
I guarantee you that something I would have been ashamed of long ago has not come back to haunt me to such a profound effect that it rendered my nighty night meds impotent.

Edit: I guess I'll just blame it on those malicious, telepathic energy waves you sent me.

07-02-2013, 07:43 AM
(07-02-2013 07:38 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I guarantee you that something I would have been ashamed of long ago has not come back to haunt me to such a profound effect that it rendered my nighty night meds obsolete.
Aren't you like 15? There is no "long ago" for you Dodgy