Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
19-02-2013, 12:26 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(19-02-2013 11:48 AM)Vera Wrote:  Fuck the stupid country I live in and all the fucking racists in it! We're tolerant and accepting? Tolerant my ass! Oh, no, we are not racist, it's just that we don't like black people, or Asians... and least of all - gypsies. We are also not homophobic, as long as faggots do not shove their abomination in our faces. Other than this, we're the most open-minded, accepting, unprejudiced pieces of shit bigots excuses for human beings people you can hope (not) to meet. Fuck! Censored

Sadly, shit is tough all over. It might be my imagination... but I almost notice that people say they are tolerant when they are trying to hide their suspected bigotry ... it's almost as if the word tolerance itself, has become a code word alluding to bigotry. Is this just me? Undecided

I'm sorry people suck Vera ... all I know to offer... Hug

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-02-2013, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2013 12:41 PM by Vera.)
(19-02-2013 12:26 PM)kim Wrote:  Sadly, shit is tough all over. It might be my imagination... but I almost notice that people say they are tolerant when they are trying to hide their suspected bigotry ... it's almost as if the word tolerance itself, has become a code word alluding to bigotry. Is this just me? Undecided

Nah, it's not just you. If someone feels the need to tell me they're not racist, it kinda implies they are. I might have said this in some other thread (I kinda repeat myself), but lack of racism is not "I do not mind that person's race", it is "I do not notice that person's race nor do I think of people in terms of race."

Really makes my blood boil. Like, today my mum told me that someone actually complained to Human Resources that the bus that transports her bank's employees, also gives a ride to 3 or 4 gypsy women (cleaning ladies, who actually clean the offices of the bank, as well). Like this little piece of shit is somehow too good to ride on the same bus as a couple of gypsy ladies. Times like this I want to punch someone.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
19-02-2013, 01:35 PM
(19-02-2013 12:37 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(19-02-2013 12:26 PM)kim Wrote:  Sadly, shit is tough all over. It might be my imagination... but I almost notice that people say they are tolerant when they are trying to hide their suspected bigotry ... it's almost as if the word tolerance itself, has become a code word alluding to bigotry. Is this just me? Undecided

Nah, it's not just you. If someone feels the need to tell me they're not racist, it kinda implies they are. I might have said this in some other thread (I kinda repeat myself), but lack of racism is not "I do not mind that person's race", it is "I do not notice that person's race nor do I think of people in terms of race."

Really makes my blood boil. Like, today my mum told me that someone actually complained to Human Resources that the bus that transports her bank's employees, also gives a ride to 3 or 4 gypsy women (cleaning ladies, who actually clean the offices of the bank, as well). Like this little piece of shit is somehow too good to ride on the same bus as a couple of gypsy ladies. Times like this I want to punch someone.
I can't honestly say I don't -notice- the color of someones skin. Do I give two flying fucks about it? No. People are people. Good people and bad people come from everywhere.

I'm sorry about that lady who complained to the office. She's a douchecanoe. I personally think she should have to experience what its like to be judged by something as ridiculous as that for a while to see what its like.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
19-02-2013, 01:49 PM
(19-02-2013 01:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I can't honestly say I don't -notice- the color of someones skin. Do I give two flying fucks about it? No. People are people. Good people and bad people come from everywhere.

Well, obviously you notice Tongue Just like you usually notice if someone has dark of light hair, if they're short or tall. But at least in my experience, soon after I meet someone, skin colour really stops registering with me, as there are much more important things that define the person and shape my opinion of them. Like, are they hot and if yes - are they single Cool

Quote:I'm sorry about that lady who complained to the office. She's a douchecanoe. I personally think she should have to experience what its like to be judged by something as ridiculous as that for a while to see what its like.

Well, the driver (he's from my town and I know him personally) said he was gonna find out who the little bitch was and was gonna give her hell. And he knows how to do it, you do not want to piss him off Evil_monster

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
19-02-2013, 01:59 PM
(19-02-2013 01:49 PM)Vera Wrote:  
Quote:I'm sorry about that lady who complained to the office. She's a douchecanoe. I personally think she should have to experience what its like to be judged by something as ridiculous as that for a while to see what its like.

Well, the driver (he's from my town and I know him personally) said he was gonna find out who the little bitch was and was gonna give her hell. And he knows how to do it, you do not want to piss him off Evil_monster
Hell yeah! Make sure to keep me updated. Lol!

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
19-02-2013, 03:24 PM
I just bought 18 eggs at the market and bought them home only to find half the carton has eggs that are either cracked or stuck to the carton...

Sigh...

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

19-02-2013, 03:51 PM
(19-02-2013 03:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I just bought 18 eggs at the market and bought them home only to find half the carton has eggs that are either cracked or stuck to the carton...

Sigh...
Check them. I don't buy eggs much anymore but when I did, I'd stand there and open several different cartons and examine them. If any were broke or cracked, I'd get another carton. Sometimes the cashiers will check the carton before they scan them... a good cashier will, anyway. Many of the vendors do their own stocking of shelves and they don't care; they just want to get in and get out. However, the produce people who work at that grocery want to make sure their stuff is quality - they actually like a shopper to point out a moldy fruit or broken eggs. So, always check the eggs in the store. Always.

Sorry... when it comes to my food, I'm into aggressive shopping . Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
19-02-2013, 04:36 PM
There was a segment on t.v about this last night.
Unopenable plastic packages for general commodities.
I am not weak in the hands yet often experience this.
You could bleed to death while opening some band aids
Other offenders are cheeses,fruits in plastic, and rip top cans Confused
19-02-2013, 04:43 PM
(19-02-2013 03:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I just bought 18 eggs at the market and bought them home only to find half the carton has eggs that are either cracked or stuck to the carton...

Sigh...
should be checking those before you buy them.

19-02-2013, 06:40 PM
My boss has handed in her notice.

I hate my working life right now. I really was tempted to follow suit and hand mine in too. Unfortunately, unlike her, I don't have a better job to go to.

Only solace is that I plan on using this disappointment to spur me onto to actually putting in a little effort and making something of my life. Still gonna spend the next couple of months at work sulking though. Sad

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.