Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-02-2013, 05:33 PM
RE: Ranting corner
The more I learn about Wicca the more batshit crazy it sounds.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Another week down, still don't have accommodation and I still haven't sorted out my university for this and along with that my student allowance.
I fucking hate it up here, too much.. wildlife.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
21-02-2013, 09:44 PM
(21-02-2013 09:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Another week down, still don't have accommodation and I still haven't sorted out my university for this and along with that my student allowance.
I fucking hate it up here, too much.. wildlife.

Nature sucks

Says the girl who woke at 5am to the sound of a woodpecker drilling on the drain just behind our bed.

Seriously it sounded like it was going to come through the wall!

21-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Lol.

Wildlife isn't so bad. I was raised in the country, around farms etc.. we've had sheep, goat, cows, pigs, chickens. Hell, now we have 3 ducks, one of which has just had little yellow ducklings (they're the white ducks that have the yellow ducklings) so there's 9 little fluff balls running around. There's 30 or so sheep in the back paddock. And there's a small little dog sitting ontop of the couch next to me looking out the window for the milk tanker.

The problem then inlies with all the fucking fly's that the sheep bring, the crickets at night, that small mouse living under the fridge, the bees, the wasps, all the mouths the flock to my computer screen at night like pigs to mud, the mossies, the spiders including the giant black one in the toilet of whom I've taken upon myself to call Barry. All the bugs that constantly pelt my face when I ride into town. All the bugs that have turned my helmet into some sort of paintball mask after an intense game of paintball, but with bugs. All the bugs that have dirted my motorbike. The dust (which yes I am aware isn't 'wildlife'), everything being so fucking dry (there's been maybe 2 days of rain since before Christmas), the heat (in Wellington there's a nice sea breeze), the meat-heads that live in this district, the shitty roads, alll the fucking trucks (we live on a state highway slap bang between NZ's major port, and one of our large cities), the gravel as opposed to actual tarseal, the dry heat.

aka, I fucking hate it up here.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
21-02-2013, 11:30 PM
I would just die. The mouse alone would do me in.

22-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Ive just been watching war footage in syria. I dont know whats more angering, watching the fucked up ways they kill each other or the amount of times you hear "Allahu Akbar" get shouted.

NO!!! Your god isnt "great" you fucking crazy bastards.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
22-02-2013, 11:06 AM
The verb system of Bulgarian is mighty fucked up. Sequence of tenses? I should be so lucky! You can have past, present and future in the same bloody sentence, with no real way of choosing (or any major difference in meaning), other than what you think sounds better. And don't even get me started on the lexical aspects and so many other things. Censored

And what's up with this:

"Bulgarian verbs are inflected not only for aspect, tense and modality, but also for evidentiality, that is, the source of the information conveyed by them. There is a four-way distinction between the unmarked (indicative) forms, which imply that the speaker was a witness of the event or knows it as a general fact; the inferential, which signals general non-witness information or one based on inference; the renarrative, which indicates that the information was reported to the speaker by someone else; and the dubitative, which is used for reported information if the speaker doubts its veracity."

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
22-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Wow and here I thought English is difficult Smile

22-02-2013, 01:40 PM
(22-02-2013 01:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Wow and here I thought English is difficult
How about this:
"Bulgarian verbs express lexical aspect: either imperfective or perfective. The former describe actions in progress (uncompleted actions) and the latter whole completed actions (actions which have a beginning and an end). So in Bulgarian an English verb is usually translated by two verbs (or sometimes by even three). Perfective verbs can be usually formed from imperfective ones by suffixation or prefixation, but when prefixes (or very rarely suffixes) are used the resultant verb often deviates in meaning from the original. It is better to learn the pairs of verbs by heart because there are not any strict rules and irregularities are very common."

And don't even get me started on the plurals. Three genders (both for adjectives and nouns), each - with about 5-6 different ways of forming the plural. And that's not counting the exceptions.

Thank god I didn't have to learn any rules, 'cause the whole language is one big exception Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
22-02-2013, 04:34 PM
I think I am beginning to regret my choice of scientific courses for school this year, especially Scientific Studies.

I used to consider myself (quite foolishly I now see) as pretty damn savvy with and in the world of science.
OH BOY was I wrong.

My Scientific Studies teacher has an interesting teaching method, he tends to go off on random tangents, for instance; A previous teacher had hung a periodic table of elements on one of the whiteboards in class. So my teacher asked the class (about a total of 7-10 boys, myself included) how, if Hydrogen is the most prominent thing around, are other elements made. Nobody in the class could think of an answer, my teacher proceeded to inform us that it's just an electron and proton being added, two hydrogen fused makes helium and so on for heavier elements (something to that degree, I don't remember exactly what he said). He added, that as the electrons and protons are added, the atom gets both bigger and smaller at the same time, naturally, he asked us how this could be; Of course, nobody knew. He looked at us, almost everybody had a blank face, aside from me, he pointed out. I wore a thoroughly puzzled face. He said the nucleus gets bigger, but the orbit of the electrons gets smaller.

Now, I should tell you, currently, and then, we were/are studying the efficiency of fuels, gas specifically at the time (did you know it is so much easier to boil crude oil that to combust coal? I had to hold a Bunsen burner, burning at full tilt for about five minutes to get a 49.8g pile of coal to light it for a sec seconds, but I accidentally got crude oil up to and over 160 C in a little over half the time).

And that is just one example. In another, he decided to talk about space, the size of things in it of course. And before that, out of nowhere he decided to tell us about gravity being the weakest force; To demonstrate his point, after he talked about how powerful gravity must be to keep objects like Jupiter and Saturn in check around the sun, he picked up a chair looked at the floor, mocked gravity and Earth and told us it is the weakest force. (Of course I knew that one already, but his method of teaching everybody else was interesting)

The point of this rant is simply to say:

I am almost totally disillusioned. The more I learn in my Scientific Studies and Biology classes, the more I learn about reality, the more I learn about reality just goes to show me just of how much I truly don't know.

Now I can see why the religious are so content to stay in their scientifically ignorant bubbles.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.