Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-02-2013, 02:40 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Never much cared for passive-aggressiveness. Glean from this what you will.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
25-02-2013, 06:35 AM
Huh

For months I've been carrying my money around in various pockets and bags, not bothering with a wallet. Finally, yesterday, I decided it would be safer to keep them all in the same place. I bought a small wallet and put everything in it. I lost it before the end of the day. It had my credit card, bank card, Student ID (which is also the keycard for the lab), a 5-day bus ticket, and a leap card with 20 euro still on it. It also had all the money I had left until the end of the month. It's not much but now I'm broke until March. I'm really really annoyed. I'm sure I'll be able to appreciate the irony once I'm no longer so pissed off. I'm mostly annoyed because some dickhead probably found it and took it with no regard for how important the things in it are to me. A new Student keycard is going to cost me 25 euro, plus about 5 days for them to activate it. And I'm going to have to stand outside the labs hoping someone will let me in for those 5 days, and I won't be able to go to work on Saturday because nobody will be there to let me in. Not to mention the PA is going to give out to me for losing my card yet again. And did I mention I have no money now?

I'd better go call the bank and cancel my cards.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
25-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Aww Smooshy Sad That sucks.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-02-2013, 09:07 AM
That sucks Smoosh.

At least that experience in a way justifies my almost paranoid habit of patting my back pocket (where I keep me wallet) every few minutes. (I also pat my front two pockets as well, that way I know I have everything I usually carry with me, if I need to carry it, it will either be in my pockets or slung over my back.

Hope things work out well for you. Thumbsup

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
25-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Ooh - sorry Smooshy - get the cards cancelled ASAP.

I always carry my shit all over the place in different pockets but I have my most important shit in a metal cigarette case - easy to slip in any pocket or bag - slim & about the size of my phone. If I'm without it, I NEVER leave it anywhere but in a locked car or house.

I'm paranoid about losing cards; had all my shit burn up in a car fire once and replacing it was an utter bitch. I actually had to get my high school yearbook with a photo of me in it and show it to the guy at the DMV just to get a new driver's license... couldn't do anything until I got it. Shit took forever and I was pissed. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
25-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Thanks guys. I got the cards cancelled and requested a new swipe card for the lab. It should be activated this week Smile

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
25-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Who the f carries around cash anyway?
I don't remember the last time I even touched physical cash.
Everything here is eftpos eftpos eftpos. I carry two cards around, my eftpos card and my motorbike license and I jsut keep them in my jean pocket, they never fall out or go missing.

Still, it sucks balls. I find when you forget you card to the computer labs that bashing and yelling on/at the door helps get you in faster.
25-02-2013, 10:36 PM
*sigh*

so sick and tired of the same fucking story.

me: Hey, I'd be interested in the room if it's still available
them: Awesome! When can you come around to see the room?
me: Sorry I can't, I'm not in Wellington at the moment
them: when will you be in Wellington?
me: when I find a room

and I never hear from them again.
Same shit, different day.
It's incredible frustrating.
26-02-2013, 01:02 AM
Well. That drive sucked ass. Now I find out ... I'm the only Fucking driver out!?!?! Not as if they didn't know there was a Fucking blizzard going on. Dumbfucks everyone! Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-02-2013, 02:18 AM
Because I failed my courses over the summer because I missed my exams because I didn't have accommodation my student allowance has been cut off. That is right, my only source of income has just been cut the fuck off.

Now the only form of student assisstance I can get is $40 LESS then my already tight budget student allowance.
This was brought to my attention as I was about to sign the dotted line of a room which I now have to turn down because I have no fucking income.

Ha, who would I thought, I said it couldn't get any worst then this... guess I was wrong.