Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-02-2013, 01:16 AM
RE: Ranting corner
A Vietnamese guy's green Maverick; rag plugging up the gas tank. Just keep the windows cracked open and you're fine. College is about ingenuity and still being stupid enough to think stupid things are cool or maybe even romantic. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2013, 04:07 AM
So woof neutral repped me, then later came back and neg repped me again.

I'm so confused.

That homophobe really needs to just make up his wrinkled old mind.

[Image: oscar.png]
27-02-2013, 06:25 AM
Right so, am I in the wrong for finding the following response to "We are all Africans" a bit offensive?

My co-worker responds with: "Yeah right, some of us just washed our faces a lot and became white."

A joke, maybe, but a joke in poor taste especially in a lab so multicultural as ours. But suddenly, I'm being given out to for being too PC. Since when did PC become a dirty word? Is it now a bad thing to be PC? Also, just because there are bigger problems out there than racist remarks, like starvation and war and false imprisonment, that doesn't make the comment any less inappropriate.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
27-02-2013, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2013 10:06 AM by Vera.)
No, you're not wrong, monster ( Tongue). Plus, the joke is really, really crappy. If you're gonna be offensive at least try to come up with something even mildly amusing.

Also, racism is a huge problem, wouldn't call it "less serious" than others. Plus, it's not like we can only tackle one problem at a time.

Finally, nothing wrong with PC. How we talk about/treat people tells a lot about us. Someone feels the need to ridicule and denigrate others in such a way? Says a lot about them... and nothing good.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
27-02-2013, 12:26 PM
That moment when you think that your best friend is thinking about cheating on her boyfriend.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

27-02-2013, 01:16 PM
(27-02-2013 12:26 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  That moment when you think that your best friend is thinking about cheating on her boyfriend.

Should be immediately followed by the moment you realize it is none of your business.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 11 users Like Chas's post
28-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Ugh. My Mac is having its guts de-fucked... glad its getting fixed but it is killing me to use this cheap shit tablet. Should have just saved up and sprung for an iPad. It even seems easier to just use my phone. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
28-02-2013, 05:54 PM
(28-02-2013 05:39 PM)kim Wrote:  Ugh. My Mac is having its guts de-fucked... glad its getting fixed but it is killing me to use this cheap shit tablet. Should have just saved up and sprung for an iPad. It even seems easier to just use my phone. Undecided

Hope you get it back soon.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-02-2013, 06:00 PM
People I know from Rio talking on FB about going to different gigs in my beloved Santa Teresa. I wanna go, too.

[Image: tumblr_mdnk0v2uYu1r9nwu8.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
28-02-2013, 06:04 PM
I had a perfectly good car that I had to get rid of just over a year ago because it wouldn't pass emissions here in TX. I replaced and had checked everything the codes said was wrong and nothing helped. It wasn't fancy, had some miles on it but everything worked just fine and it was paid for.

So every day I see cars and trucks with new inspections stickers that are held together (barely) with duct tape and wishful thinking. They have side mirrors hanging from the cables, lights that don't work, missing windows, bad tires, and many are trailing a plume of smoke that can choke you. Pisses me off, I could be not having a car payment but I guess I don't know where to go to get an inspection for an extra fee.

UGH!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat