Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-02-2013, 09:09 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(28-02-2013 06:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I had a perfectly good car that I had to get rid of just over a year ago because it wouldn't pass emissions here in TX. I replaced and had checked everything the codes said was wrong and nothing helped. It wasn't fancy, had some miles on it but everything worked just fine and it was paid for.

So every day I see cars and trucks with new inspections stickers that are held together (barely) with duct tape and wishful thinking. They have side mirrors hanging from the cables, lights that don't work, missing windows, bad tires, and many are trailing a plume of smoke that can choke you. Pisses me off, I could be not having a car payment but I guess I don't know where to go to get an inspection for an extra fee.

UGH!
Cars are a pain if the fn ass and inspection sucks. I just got my car back a few weeks ago after not having it for two months. Now I think something else might me wrong with it. Hobo

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Note to self: stop stumbling into old threads, suggested under current ones. Really. You don't need the mental (and not just mental) images.

On the plus side, I guess it's a relief of sorts (cold comfort, rather, but still...), that this place has never suffered from a shortage of crap and dumbassery.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to cleanse my brain (if I can) with some music and flowers.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
01-03-2013, 08:52 AM
(01-03-2013 08:30 AM)Vera Wrote:  Note to self: stop stumbling into old threads, suggested under current ones. Really. You don't need the mental (and not just mental) images.

On the plus side, I guess it's a relief of sorts (cold comfort, rather, but still...), that this place has never suffered from a shortage of crap and dumbassery.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to cleanse my brain (if I can) with some music and flowers.
Ooh, what did you stumble into? Curious minds have been piqued!

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
01-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Trust me, smoosh, you don't wanna know. There's funny stupid and then there's just plain (and tasteless) stupid. [Image: JC_shakehead.gif]

01-03-2013, 09:14 AM
(01-03-2013 09:02 AM)Vera Wrote:  Trust me, smoosh, you don't wanna know. There's funny stupid and then there's just plain (and tasteless) stupid. [Image: JC_shakehead.gif]

It's not limited to the old threads, we've been seeing plenty of it in the new threads too... Weeping

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
01-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Re: Ranting corner
Fucking hell this job is a nightmare!
01-03-2013, 11:43 AM
I dragged out an old keyboard and hooked it up to this shitty tablet. At least now it doesn't take a full half hour to type a single sentence post!! Fuuuuuck. I hope that guy calls today and says my machine is ready... but I have a feeling he won't. He kind of seemed as if he really didn't want to even tackle it until the weekend. Shit. I should have just ordered the $9 fucking part and done it myself. Even if it took an entire day, I would have had the thing done in a couple of hours and I'd have it up and running at least by tomorrow morning. Now I won't have it until Monday! AND I would have saved $90!!! Fuuuuuuuck.

I just have to keep perspective .... Leonaardo da Vinci would have been amazed at everything we bitch about. I should just shut the fuck up and read a book instead of using my phone to shoot these letters to a machiine orbiting the earth in space so this can be seen by people who live on the other side of the planet.

I need more coffee. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
01-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Here you go, Kimmie: [Image: JC_coffee2.gif]

I feel your pain - computer problems drive me up the wall. And since I'm the fix-it-myself type (when possible, of course) I just can't rest until whatever the problem is has been taken care of (which has included buying a new PC and installing a new hard-drive myself, totally devoiding the warranty). I hope everything gets sorted out as soon as possible.

01-03-2013, 12:05 PM
When in doubt, add some Irish Cream and/or brandy into that coffee. 'Cause alcohol is a solution -- so says the chemistry behind it!

Meanwhile, in Arizona...

I continue to try to find this dude's mailing address... it seems he's a senior citizen ninja. That no one has ever dealt with... yet I have legal documents for him.

Drinking Beverage Enjoy your daily dose of syrup! And coffee. Don't forget the coffee.
01-03-2013, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 01:23 PM by Lienda Bella.)
I just turned in a book I checked out of the library called "23 minutes in Hell." It indeed served its purpose for why I checked it out. Hell is obviously a fear tactic, and some 'after life' stories sound like sleep paralysis. I've had some paralysis myself. I think it's BS to use fear to make people obey a God.

Well, this guy claims that he died in bed, or got a vision or something. He goes into hell, where there are materialistic iron bars and a door. I guess that's because real torture has to include what man invented. *eye roll* I noticed that with a few of these stories. There are always some man made inventions said to be in the afterlife. Such as, spears, pokers, chains, etc. Material things like cloths don't go with the soul to hell, but you get a new robe or outfit in Heaven.

He 'visions' himself crawling with limited strength along some floor after being flung against a wall, and then tossed back inside the cell. Fish scales are something unattractive him, I supposed, because he said the demons had scales and were ugly. When they were about to rip him to shreds, he suddenly appears over a lava pit with a tube over it. Hmm. Don't dreams usually do the instantly appear thing?

He floats upward and visits Jesus. I found it amusing that Jesus wanted to remove his memory while he was in hell and then basically tells the guy that not believing deserves eternal torture, like it's even a choice what one believes or not. God still looked like a total troll to me making the system unfair, which the book claimed broke his oh so caring heart and made him sad. 'eye roll' See? Troll deity. I think that horse needs to stop showing me what a troll God is for its own sake.

Jesus insisted that some end would come shortly, so I looked at the check-out ticket someone left inside the book a third of the way in. It said 2006. 'Shortly' has obviously passed.

Sure enough, the guy wakes up in the middle of the living room floor. Apparently, being dead means that you can fall out of bed, and then crawl across the floor while mostly paralyzed. Maybe he saw the pit from on top of some stairs and the steps were ledges where the demons were? 'shrug' After that he talks about himself basically acting as a 'prophet' of some sort. The book had all kinds of bible quotes and things one could expect from such material.