Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-03-2013, 03:26 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Okay, somebody kill me right now! Just lost everything I translated today. What the fuck is fucking wrong with me! Was thinking about something and clicked no instead of yes, when asked if I wanted to save. And there ain't no backup file in sight, either.

Too stunned at my stupidity to even cry. But that'll come soon.

I don't deserve to live. Period.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2013, 03:31 PM
(10-03-2013 03:26 PM)Vera Wrote:  I don't deserve to live. Period.

Lies. Sorry 'bout the work...
10-03-2013, 04:17 PM
(10-03-2013 03:26 PM)Vera Wrote:  Okay, somebody kill me right now! Just lost everything I translated today. What the fuck is fucking wrong with me! Was thinking about something and clicked no instead of yes, when asked if I wanted to save. And there ain't no backup file in sight, either.

Too stunned at my stupidity to even cry. But that'll come soon.

I don't deserve to live. Period.

Isn't there a history function?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
10-03-2013, 04:28 PM
(10-03-2013 03:26 PM)Vera Wrote:  Okay, somebody kill me right now! Just lost everything I translated today. What the fuck is fucking wrong with me! Was thinking about something and clicked no instead of yes, when asked if I wanted to save. And there ain't no backup file in sight, either.
If the program you're using for your work doesn't have an auto-save function, you should replace it with a better one.

Just sayin'. Confused

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
10-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Unfortunately, backup option had gotten turned off. And auto-save/recovery doesn't really work when you're dumb enough to explicitly tell it not to save it. Autosave works fine, my brain - not so much.

Which is why I had to do an autorecovery the old-fashioned way. By doing it twice. Oh well, serves me right for being an idiot...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
10-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Least amount of rain all summer since records started.
It's so unbelievably dry and hot here.
First time the whole of the North Island (the actual name for the top island... no points if you can guess the name of the island below that...) has had an island-wide fireban. First time all of the North island has been considered a drought zone too.

We had rain for like half an hour a few weeks back and that's been all the rain we've had since before Christmas.

It's suppose to get to 30 today.. 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FML.

10-03-2013, 08:50 PM
(10-03-2013 07:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Least amount of rain all summer since records started.
It's so unbelievably dry and hot here.
First time the whole of the North Island (the actual name for the top island... no points if you can guess the name of the island below that...) has had an island-wide fireban. First time all of the North island has been considered a drought zone too.

We had rain for like half an hour a few weeks back and that's been all the rain we've had since before Christmas.

It's suppose to get to 30 today.. 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FML.

Oh, 30 degree day and no rain huh?

That must suck for you.

Wuss.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Oh I'm sorry NZ doesn't have all the fancy air-conditioning that you Australians need so much.

10-03-2013, 09:37 PM
(10-03-2013 09:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh I'm sorry NZ doesn't have all the fancy air-conditioning that you Australians need so much.

We only need them because above 30 is a regular occurrence

Besides, a 30 degree is nice and cool, even without air-cons.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-03-2013, 09:49 PM
(10-03-2013 09:37 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(10-03-2013 09:34 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh I'm sorry NZ doesn't have all the fancy air-conditioning that you Australians need so much.

We only need them because above 30 is a regular occurrence

Besides, a 30 degree is nice and cool, even without air-cons.
HA! And you call me a wuss.

That's it, go back to your air conditioning and your habbit of cheating at cricket and stealing things that are actually Kiwi.