Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
10-03-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(10-03-2013 09:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-03-2013 09:37 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  We only need them because above 30 is a regular occurrence

Besides, a 30 degree is nice and cool, even without air-cons.
HA! And you call me a wuss.

Because I think 30 degree days are nice and cool?

Or because we frequently have above 30 degrees (as in high 30's sometimes to 40's) and don't bitch about it?

Quote: That's it, go back to your air conditioning and your habbit of cheating at cricket and stealing things that are actually Kiwi.

I think you underestimate a considerable portion of the populations ability to not care about cricket.

What did we steal this time? You certainly cannot complain about missing a couple of your sheep or pissy little birds? You must have plenty of both to go around.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Oh, FFS. Angry

I just met my first Chemtrails believer.
I was chatting with the guy picking up my tractor for repair and we were agreeing what a nice day it was (sunny, 40's) when he says "Uh, oh, that's not good."

"What's not good?", says I.

Then he points up and says something about what "they" are spraying. I told him it's just water vapor, a contrail.
He says no, water vapor dissipates. ***facepalm*** What do you think clouds are?

Really, this has to be absolutely the stupidest conspiracy theory ever. Ever.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
11-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Lol Chas.
[+] 2 users Like Magoo's post
11-03-2013, 10:15 PM
I just deleted ALL of my pictures on my phone!!!!!!!!!!!!! Censored Angry Weeping

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
11-03-2013, 11:48 PM
(11-03-2013 10:15 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I just deleted ALL of my pictures on my phone!!!!!!!!!!!!! Censored Angry Weeping
Ouch Confused I'm sorry

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
11-03-2013, 11:53 PM
(11-03-2013 11:48 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(11-03-2013 10:15 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I just deleted ALL of my pictures on my phone!!!!!!!!!!!!! Censored Angry Weeping
Ouch Confused I'm sorry
Me, too!

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
12-03-2013, 12:10 AM
(11-03-2013 08:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  Really, this has to be absolutely the stupidest conspiracy theory ever. Ever.
Nope - no where near as stupid as the one I thought may have had some truth to it.
[Image: attachment.php_attachmentid_1064255?1244921523]
I only believed it for like, a couple of hours. Ok, maybe a day. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-03-2013, 02:02 AM
(11-03-2013 08:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, FFS. Angry

I was chatting with the guy picking up my tractor for repair and we were agreeing what a nice day it was (sunny, 40's) when he says "Uh, oh, that's not good."

Then he points up and says something about what "they" are spraying. I told him it's just water vapor, a contrail.
He says no, water vapor dissipates. ***facepalm*** What do you think clouds are?

I don't know, the shape-shifting reptillians are pretty high up on the looney bin for me.

[Image: giphy.gif]
12-03-2013, 02:11 AM
(12-03-2013 02:02 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(11-03-2013 08:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, FFS. Angry

I don't know, the shape-shifting reptillians are pretty high up on the looney bin for me.

You make a good point. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2013, 02:13 AM
Ah I got it! A person who believes shape-shifting reptillians fly the jets that release chemtrails!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A bit of ranting... Filox 26 1,215 07-08-2012 05:02 PM
Last Post: bemore
  I just felt like ranting, like CYTB often does. itsFerdinand 10 794 02-12-2011 11:25 PM
Last Post: houseofcantor