Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-03-2013, 06:02 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(16-03-2013 01:19 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  The fact that Near will be leaving on Monday. Sad

And you're not satisfied yet?

Poor Near... You unsatisfiable demon woman!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2013, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2013 01:28 AM by Free Thought.)
I think it is time I ranted and complained a little.

Evolution Simulators.

I am of course, one of those people who are fascinated by evolution and, frankly, I would love to mess around with it, as such, recently I have had a search for 3D simulators.

I used to have a great simulator, called 3DVCE, this was a simply awesome simulator. However, it was lost from my computer many moons ago, but I recently had the spark to find it and re-download it again.

But of course, I cannot find anywhere to download the program, anywhere. The site it was based off seems to have left the Web entirely (or at least, I can't get on the site), and has not been put up for effective download elsewhere.

And as with all things, it is a bitch to get good simulators!

FUCK SAKE!!!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-03-2013, 02:06 AM
My computer is reaching the end of it's life. I have had to do a hard shut off about ten times tonight and suspect that my computer will crash for good here in the near future. While it had a good 3 year run. Especially since it's a netbook. It still sucks that the prospect of having to spend 300+. Especially since I had no intention of spending 300+ dollars. Suffice to say that this just sucks.

Just an outsider looking inn.
17-03-2013, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2013 09:28 AM by Vera.)
"She felt a suicidal desire to peel her silk shell over her head, unfasten her slacks, to strip herself naked for him right here in the hallway of this sinner’s house. She wanted to answer his warrior’s challenge with one of her own, a challenge as ancient and powerful as the first woman’s.

He moved. It was almost nothing. A slight shift of his weight, but it brought the chaos of her thoughts back in order. She was a middle-aged physics professor whose only lover wore socks to bed. What kind of opponent was she for this seasoned sexual warrior who seemed to have chosen sex as a weapon to subjugate her?"

For the record, this takes place in 21st century and he's a football player. And yet - a warrior, whatever the fuck that means.

Anyway, just felt like sharing this before getting down to work. Have said it before and will say it again - how any self-respecting and not totally brainless woman can read romance novels is beyond me.

EDIT: Better? Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
17-03-2013, 06:32 AM
(17-03-2013 02:06 AM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  My computer is reaching the end of it's life. I have had to do a hard shut off about ten times tonight and suspect that my computer will crash for good here in the near future. While it had a good 3 year run. Especially since it's a netbook. It still sucks that the prospect of having to spend 300+. Especially since I had no intention of spending 300+ dollars. Suffice to say that this just sucks.

Try ebay. I just got a replacement (used) for my laptop for $150. Same model family, so I just plug my hard drive in and go.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-03-2013, 06:33 AM
(17-03-2013 06:28 AM)Vera Wrote:  "She felt a suicidal desire to peel her silk shell over her head, unfasten her slacks, to strip herself naked for him right here in the hallway of this sinner’s house. She wanted to answer his warrior’s challenge with one of her own, a challenge as ancient and powerful as the first woman’s.

He moved. It was almost nothing. A slight shift of his weight, but it brought the chaos of her thoughts back in order. She was a middle-aged physics professor whose only lover wore socks to bed. What kind of opponent was she for this seasoned sexual warrior who seemed to have chosen sex as a weapon to subjugate her?"

For the record, this takes places in 21st century and he's a football player. And yet - a warrior, whatever the fuck that means.

Anyway, just felt like sharing this before getting down to work. Have said it before and will say it again - how any self-respecting and not totally brainless woman can read romance novels is beyond me.

Please can that sort of stuff come with a health warning next time? And [spoilers] please?

I feel unclean.

Sadcryface

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
17-03-2013, 10:16 AM
(17-03-2013 06:28 AM)Vera Wrote:  
"She felt a suicidal desire to peel her silk shell over her head, unfasten her slacks, to strip herself naked for him right here in the hallway of this sinner’s house. She wanted to answer his warrior’s challenge with one of her own, a challenge as ancient and powerful as the first woman’s.

For the record, this takes place in 21st century and he's a football player. And yet - a warrior, whatever the fuck that means.

EDIT: Better? Dodgy
Hot, gooey, bonerific.

What a modern masterpiece of literature.

[Image: giphy.gif]
18-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Just got home from Portland from dropping Near off at the airport. Was so sad I bought a box of donuts and a soda. Sadcryface
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
19-03-2013, 11:53 AM
I want to be beautiful.

Gain weight.
If I was to gain weight, lose my thigh gap, and gain an actual stomach I'd be happy. Getting rid of my binge-purge ordeal would have to be the first thing that I would have to do, in order to complete this goal. Honestly, getting this addiction to leave has to be the hardest thing that I have ever dealt with before.

Have a pretty smile.
Let my braces straighten out my teeth and then go in to get veneers over my horrible discolored places. The discoloration came from some health issues as a child and they will never go away.

Feel good about myself.
Speak positively about myself. Feel proud of myself and actually realized when I have done something good.

I just want to love myself and be beautiful, but honestly, I think that may be a bit too much to ask.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-03-2013, 12:29 PM
(19-03-2013 11:53 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  I just want to love myself and be beautiful, but honestly, I think that may be a bit too much to ask.
Confused
I hope you begin to see yourself as beautiful. I know I don't know you, but your post touched me.

I suggest getting pictures of your favorite quotes and hanging them around the house. That's what I do. Reading quotes with positive messages really help me at times. Sometimes, one doesn't need to confide in anyone; they don't need to hear someone say positive words aloud in order to feel better. Encouragement and hope are powerful things and seeing them is a constant reminder of how special they are to the world Big Grin Here's one I have on my fridge:

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -Mark Twain

I put that one there for a reason.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post