Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-01-2012, 04:24 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I am hungry very hungry. I went to bed last night hungry and I woke up this morning hungry.
At work I get breakfast (cerials or crackers) and lunch. But lunch is devided in groups and this month I am in the last group which means that there is next to no food left. So I am basically going through the day with not much more than breakfast. Then I come home, and due to the lack of cash and ressources in the fridge I stay pretty much hungry (though I do eat the bit we have at home, which is not tasty but better than nothing). And when I complain about that at home I hear that I didn't grow up poor enough? We had no money to fill our stomachs properly most of my childhood and I ate whatever I got. Now when I don't have this situation I don't want to get back to it and I do complain about it when it looks like I am near to it. Did I mention the pretty empty fridge?
I know this sounds very whiny and you could answer with pictures of poor African kids with swollen bellies and all that shit.
But sorry, I just don't like this situation and I take this ranting corner to rant about it as much as I want and very ignorant of people who would be "happy if they would have even half what you have".
Fuck that - I know what it means to be hungry and I don't like it! I am not going to die from it tomorrow and I get cash on Friday but still, right now I need a rant!

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
04-01-2012, 04:43 AM
Ha ha you go for it Leela!
Find all posts by this user
04-01-2012, 04:44 AM
Lucky for me, journeyman prophet is SSD. Otherwise I'd hafta be street corner prophet, with the sign, "The End is Near!" Leela wuz ranting about hunger and poverty and I would send her my money and my food 'cause I love my Gwynnies. Heart

Have some love. Sending you that other stuff might cause problems with your love. Don't want more problems. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-01-2012, 04:57 AM
(04-01-2012 04:24 AM)Leela Wrote:  And when I complain about that at home I hear that I didn't grow up poor enough?

Oh, I don't know, sweetie, maybe it had something to do with the fact that you were starving, and we only had salmon fillets (didn't smell wrong, but not perfectly fresh either - I'm eating them today btw), Brussels pate (this one was fresh but you took a bite and then you passed it to me) and rice with vegetables and meat (you ate about half a bowl and decided you don't like it). Not to mention spaghetti, gnocchi and various canned foods in the cupboard.

I just call myself "starving" when I consider drinking the ketchup. I guess I have to thank my dad for his "dog's stomach" genes - if I ever get sick, that's food poisoning. Stay the fuck away from whatever I ate. But we're definitely not knocking on the malnutrition door here.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
04-01-2012, 05:04 AM
Brussels pate? I don't even know what that is, but I think I'd be hungry if you tried to feed me that. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
04-01-2012, 05:16 AM
Here you go, Exormai. It's over-rated, not the tastiest stuff I ever had, but it definitely tastes like, you know, food.

http://www.pommietravels.com/2010/11/8-b...sels-pate/

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
04-01-2012, 05:46 AM
(04-01-2012 05:16 AM)Malleus Wrote:  Here you go, Exormai. It's over-rated, not the tastiest stuff I ever had, but it definitely tastes like, you know, food.

http://www.pommietravels.com/2010/11/8-b...sels-pate/

Poor Leela. I wish I could send her a sandwich after that experience. Undecided

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
04-01-2012, 09:16 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 09:37 AM by Leela.)
Not here to justify what exact food is available. If you like it, eat it, I ate it too. But I know that if I ate that fish I would have been sick.

And today at work I fetched a pretty nice sandwich, I ate half at lunch and am having the other half right now. Mkay, I will keep ranting about <insert rant worthy topic>.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
04-01-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm quitting smoking and work in an office where I receive phone calls all day from lower-middle class women with 74 IQs and no concept of the English language. I'm about ready to go insane.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
04-01-2012, 10:23 AM
(04-01-2012 09:22 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I'm quitting smoking and work in an office where I receive phone calls all day from lower-middle class women with 74 IQs and no concept of the English language. I'm about ready to go insane.

Well... we've got 2 options for you..... the redhead down the hall and to the left... OR the radical feminist who want's to rid our world of men in the room next to us... take your pick heheTongue

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post