Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
23-03-2013, 05:01 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I really fucking hate the Admin CP sometimes!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2013, 05:04 PM
(23-03-2013 05:01 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I really fucking hate the Admin CP sometimes!
You, too, seeing (way too much) red, eh? Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
23-03-2013, 05:08 PM
(23-03-2013 03:27 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(23-03-2013 03:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Vera, after spending time on those books...how do you scrub your brain to remove that junk?
Were that I could, were that I could. Brain is slowly turning into mush... I drink though (and then love everyone Tongue ):

He's having a concert here tonight. I'm so depressed I cant go. Lol

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
24-03-2013, 06:45 AM
(23-03-2013 05:08 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  He's having a concert here tonight. I'm so depressed I cant go. Lol
"I don't need a reason not to care" Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
24-03-2013, 09:57 AM
(24-03-2013 06:45 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(23-03-2013 05:08 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  He's having a concert here tonight. I'm so depressed I cant go. Lol
"I don't need a reason not to care" Tongue

Luckily I'll never stop Wink

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
24-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Yesterday a church guy showed up to give ma flier about their easter play coming up. As soon as I open the door he introduces me to the two children he has with him.

Does anyone else find this kind of disgusting? Outside the obvious "training" they are getting it feels like they use them as a shield.

I'm forced to be more polite when the children are there.

24-03-2013, 10:18 AM
(23-03-2013 03:15 PM)Vera Wrote:  You listening? There is no such thing as penis envy. One of stupidest things anyone has ever come up with (stupid even for Freud). Class dismissed.

What are you talking about? I envy your penis. Tongue

I think it is more a simplification of a complex social issue propagated by those who would rather quip than think, and need all their information in neat little boxes.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2013, 10:19 AM
(24-03-2013 10:04 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yesterday a church guy showed up to give ma flier about their easter play coming up. As soon as I open the door he introduces me to the two children he has with him.

Does anyone else find this kind of disgusting? Outside the obvious "training" they are getting it feels like they use them as a shield.

I would have said to the children, "There is no evidence of any God; this adult is delusional. Learn to think for yourselves."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2013, 10:21 AM
(24-03-2013 10:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-03-2013 10:04 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yesterday a church guy showed up to give ma flier about their easter play coming up. As soon as I open the door he introduces me to the two children he has with him.

I would have said to the children, "There is no evidence of any God; this adult is delusional. Learn to think for yourselves."
That's a good idea. I'll have to remember it for next time. Thanks Chas.

24-03-2013, 10:38 AM
(24-03-2013 10:21 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(24-03-2013 10:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  I would have said to the children, "There is no evidence of any God; this adult is delusional. Learn to think for yourselves."
That's a good idea. I'll have to remember it for next time. Thanks Chas.
Well....If I'm brave enough anyway. I'm not good at stirring the pot.