Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-04-2013, 06:17 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Trip arrangements moving forward (slowly), but... (not so much a rant, as a whimper...) Undecided

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 09:10 AM
(02-04-2013 06:17 AM)Vera Wrote:  Trip arrangements moving forward (slowly), but... (not so much a rant, as a whimper...) Undecided

Hope you start to feel better, Vera. I keep seeing that you're "worried."
I have no idea what you are talking about, which is fine, but I'm sure everything is going to be alright Smile

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
02-04-2013, 09:13 AM
(02-04-2013 09:10 AM)Peanut Wrote:  Hope you start to feel better, Vera. I keep seeing that you're "worried."

Yeah, sorry about that. I'll cut it out, starting now Blush

02-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Dear Tarty Sauce,

OMFG STOP FUCKING PROCRASTINATING AND WORK!

Sincerely,
Tarty Sauce

[Image: giphy.gif]
02-04-2013, 10:02 AM
*you have 999599 new messages...*

*please leave your message after the tone*
(02-04-2013 09:48 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Dear Tarty Sauce,

OMFG STOP FUCKING PROCRASTINATING AND WORK!

Sincerely,
Tarty Sauce

*fix'd*

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2013, 11:48 AM
(02-04-2013 10:02 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  *you have 999599 new messages...*

*please leave your message after the tone*
(02-04-2013 09:48 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Dear Tarty Sauce,

OMFG STOP FUCKING AND WORK!

Sincerely,
Tarty Sauce

*fix'd*

*fixt*

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
02-04-2013, 10:13 PM
So the story of my life continues.
You may (or may not) remember when I first came here I had an idea for a business to buy up the lot at the bottom of the hill I lived on and build a petrol station because it's right at the end of the motorway?

Yea, well you're not gonna bloody guess what just sprung up on that same lot in the last couple of months while I was away...
A fucking petrol station!!!

Yet another brilliant one of my ideas beaten to the punch by some other shmuck.
02-04-2013, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 11:30 PM by Lienda Bella.)
It seems to me that with some people there is a rule that bugs me. When it comes to an Atheist using something that sounds a condescending (eg. "You're pathetic. Go and learn.") it's called criticism. However, when one of those Christians says it, he's a zealot or troll with no argument. Am I really off here?

Oh, but MMOs are far worse with saying "you a badie." When they say it, they mean "get lost. Please! Don't come back, ever." Many take more effort to shun the subject than they do a troll. Drinking Beverage I of course know this, having played three popular games during ten years. (..and they wander why I have a problem with it.)

Yes. I could be better, as I went to bed missing some of my eye sight the other night. It was a migraine of some kind, just not as blinding as I used to get. It used to look like that awful crescent canyon in the Indiana Johns movie, but with sparklies. Yuck. (I always hated the scene where they look at the crescent.) It took a while to get out of bed, then I got it a little again today. I spent the weekend with increased sensitivity in smell and taste. I never thought bacon could have such an incredible stench! It's a wander dogs don't lose their sanity. My Mum fried it up in grease. Nothing like it! *gack* I can't look at bacon the same way now.

I woke up to it, it was so annoying. I then could smell the sink's black slime and old comet powder. The pizza, however, was unbelievably delicious! It was only the usual homemade pizza with the same things we had four times before. I'd love some that seventh bliss again, but alas I'm going back to normal, and don't know where I will be blowing my spare time soon. I need to see what my brain looks like!
02-04-2013, 11:29 PM
When it comes to an Atheist using something that sounds a condescending (eg. "You're pathetic. Go and learn.") it's called criticism. However, when one of those Christians says it, he's a zealot or troll with no argument. Am I really off here?

Yes you are really off here....Most of us will never refer to someone as a troll unless they are blatantly trolling. Most of us call zealots zealots because they are zealots, they have a massive amount of faith while we have none....so to us, they are zealots. If any of us say something condescending then it's condescending, not criticism....criticism would be "you're pathetic, you should go and learn before you speak about things you know nothing about, here are some sites you should check out". Most of us are condescending because we are treated in the same manner (sometimes worse) and we are told things like "believe this or burn in hell" or "god will judge you for your transgressions".

When Atheists are treated as fairly, or equally, as Christians are....then you could have a point...but, we are not treated fairly, in fact we are treated harshly. So no, we are not the mean ones, History proves we are actually extremely nice and patient.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
03-04-2013, 01:05 PM
"She slipped into his arms and found that old familiar place that God had created just for her out of Jim’s bone and muscle and flesh."

Gargh. [Image: Shake_Head_M.gif]

Also: "She recognized the moisture gathering in the corners of his eyes as tears." What are you? 5 years old?

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post