Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
04-04-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(04-04-2013 01:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Broke a tooth today...damnit! Just what I needed. Can't get in to the dentist till the 22nd unless someone cancels before then. Trying to be good and taking calcium supplement...I thought there was something in the supplement...there was, part of my tooth.

Hate to think what that's gonna cost. Damnit, Damnit, Damnit.

I broke a tooth recently. The crown was $1430.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2013, 04:01 PM
(04-04-2013 03:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What the fuck is the point in leaning something that is advised that people just opt out of anyway?
The Electronic Transaction Act 2002 is in regards to electronic transactions (who would of guessed). We cover it in my business contracts paper because it's to do with transactions which are contracts (every time you buy something you enter into a contract), BUT the act is not designed for contracts and so it's really shit in regards to legal matters regarding contracts so it's advised that you simply opt out of the ETA 2002 in your website/business/whatever's terms and conditions...
Fucking pointless.

Hmm... maybe it's to entice the more creative to find a legal loophole they can exploit to their advantage. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
04-04-2013, 04:12 PM
(04-04-2013 04:01 PM)kim Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 03:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What the fuck is the point in leaning something that is advised that people just opt out of anyway?
The Electronic Transaction Act 2002 is in regards to electronic transactions (who would of guessed). We cover it in my business contracts paper because it's to do with transactions which are contracts (every time you buy something you enter into a contract), BUT the act is not designed for contracts and so it's really shit in regards to legal matters regarding contracts so it's advised that you simply opt out of the ETA 2002 in your website/business/whatever's terms and conditions...
Fucking pointless.

Hmm... maybe it's to entice the more creative to find a legal loophole they can exploit to their advantage. Drinking Beverage

Doubtful, the laws favor the one accepting, not the one offering.
ie: s11 An electronic communication is taken to be received,—

(a) in the case of an addressee who has designated an information system for the purpose of receiving electronic communications, at the time the electronic communication enters that information system

aka, as soon as you receive that email, your offer has been accepted and you are contracted into a legal contract. The problem is, you may never see the email (goes to spam or w/e, etc..) and so you don't know you're contractually bound and so you assume the other person doesn't want to enter into the contract (because "you never herd from them") and so extend the offer to someone else.
If they then accept you are now contractually bound to both people even though you only think you're contractually bound to the second person.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
04-04-2013, 04:34 PM
I should note, that's the section where the postal rule DOESN'T apply, s10, where the postal rule DOES apply is even more bullshit as a contract is formed as soon as I send the e-communications. You don't even need to receive it.
(Postal rule is total bullshit by the way if you don't know what it is. Outdated, bullshit.)

04-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Well there, you see? You just explained the point of learning something that is advised that people just opt out of anyway.

The thing that you learned is that it's stupid, redundant, and useless. That's what you'll get the big bucks for... one can only assume. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
04-04-2013, 04:56 PM
What? for telling major companies, "ohh look bro, you're obligated under the ETA 2002, it's a total bullshit act, just opt out of it and you'll be sweet as."

04-04-2013, 05:02 PM
(04-04-2013 03:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 01:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Broke a tooth today...damnit! Just what I needed. Can't get in to the dentist till the 22nd unless someone cancels before then. Trying to be good and taking calcium supplement...I thought there was something in the supplement...there was, part of my tooth.

Hate to think what that's gonna cost. Damnit, Damnit, Damnit.

I broke a tooth recently. The crown was $1430.

Oh, I know how much they cost...it's more painful than the actual dental pain! Hobo

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

Ordained Dudeist Priest at Dudeism, the Church of the Latter-Day Dude
04-04-2013, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 09:44 PM by Lienda Bella.)
(04-04-2013 05:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 03:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  I broke a tooth recently. The crown was $1430.

Oh, I know how much they cost...it's more painful than the actual dental pain! Hobo

*COUGH* *Feint* For one tooth? I wouldn't know. I only got some of the help I needed just last year in August after being without a dentist for twelve years. I hope you enjoy the relief.

I'm pissed off at the moment. I want to listen to some Russian, but my brain is doing what it always has to piss me off without shutting up for hours to days. Better than it used to be but ugggghhh I want it to stop doing it.

It's very hard for me to stop or ignore it, if I can at all. What it does is bring up the recent past, reminding me of opponents who frustrated me. It doesn't matter who started it for this to get going. Demon voice always calls me the loser like a broken record, telling me quietly how much I'm inferior to the entire universe and such.

Evil_monster repeatedly butts into any kind of focus that resembles any likeness to the issue. I'm currently having to swat the little butt breath away over and over. I'd love to kill the little jerk in my mind, seriously! It'll go away after a while, but right now it's annoying.

Dodgy I've out-stepped quite a lot lately.
04-04-2013, 11:22 PM
The drunk motherfuckers in the quad need to have dicks rammed down their throats to silence them.

[Image: giphy.gif]
04-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Re: Ranting corner
People at work who complain all the time. People who gripe constantly really get under my skin.