Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-04-2013, 01:36 AM
Re: Ranting corner
About five minutes after I woke up this morning, I heard a nuclear alarm siren going off in the neighborhood and almost instantly jumped out of my bed. That really scared the hell outta me. Confused

Turns out it was "just" the siren that goes off when there is a serious fire or when a catastrophe happened (why do they have to sound the same?). I can already hear the firetruck sirens. I'll let you know what it was later on. It must have been something extraordinary though because in the 12 years I have lived here, I have never heard it before.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2013, 02:05 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Sigh.

Sounds like I'm going to need my wisdom tooth yanked. Too much wisdom eh.
Going to make an appointment and go see the dentist on Monday or Tuesday.

Thank god for the last time with my kidneys they sold me a shit ton of pain killer for really cheap, because that shit's been doing the job so far.
13-04-2013, 06:17 AM
Here's a comparison between the two, by the way:

Fire alarm siren:

Nuclear alarm siren:

Man, I almost shit my pants. No

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
13-04-2013, 06:25 AM
Obviously the "nuculear" alarm is higher pitched in tone and has a shorter sine wave to its cycle. I really cannot believe you were so easily fooled. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
13-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Two band aides, because I don't have the guts to go that far down.
13-04-2013, 01:07 PM
(13-04-2013 06:17 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Here's a comparison between the two, by the way:

Fire alarm siren:
Nuclear alarm siren:
Man, I almost shit my pants. No

Goddam Germans' obsession with efficiency extends all the way to optimizing the use of the audio spectrum. Who'd've thunk it. I bet you got different alarms to distinguish between bioweapon and chemical attacks. Pretty sure in the US we only got the one and it means "Duck and cover bitches, fire in the hole." ... Fuckin' crazyass efficient Germans and their engineering. Tongue
Bowing

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-04-2013, 01:24 PM
(13-04-2013 01:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Goddam Germans' obsession with efficiency extends all the way to optimizing the use of the audio spectrum. Who'd've thunk it. I bet you got different alarms to distinguish between bioweapon and chemical attacks. Pretty sure in the US we only got the one and it means "Duck and cover bitches, fire in the hole." ... Fuckin' crazyass efficient Germans and their engineering.

Hey, Girly, not really an answer at all, but didn't want to post it in your thread. Just wanted to say this [Image: Hug_Smiley_by_Jase92.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
13-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Chuck Swindoll wrote "Parents don’t obey children. Children obey parents. That’s the way it’s supposed to work."

My sister clicked a 'like' on it. >:| Now I'm in a bad mood.
13-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Hungover and having a crap shit day. Sentenced to hard time of doing laundry for failing to be decent.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-04-2013, 03:40 PM
(13-04-2013 03:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hungover and having a crap shit day. Sentenced to hard time of doing laundry for failing to be decent.

This always makes me feel better when I'm feeling down.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post