Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-06-2012, 09:14 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-06-2012 09:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So just placed my first ever bet on anything.
This dog better run for its life or so help me god I will...
*preps shotgun*

I don't know anything about dog racer, absolutely nothing, but I wanted to bet on something and this race is in like 5minutes.
So put $2 on the dog that was paying like 10c for every $1. I can't even remember if I played it so safe as to bet that he just place and not just win, can't remember.

Anyway, give me a sec...

WTF, the odds for this fucking dog have gone way way up, wtf did it break its leg walking onto the track or something!!!?
WHAT THIS MADNESS!!! Gambling, y u do this to me man? WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wtf.. now the race disapeared? Is it racing now?! DID I WIN!!?? ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
The suspense is killing me.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stupid fucking dog pulled through, guess whos TAB balance just went from $2 to $3.40, I'll give you a clue:
<----- THIS KID!

Fuck yes, drinks on me tonight bitches!

This reminds me of the first and only time I bet on a horse. My sister had her 30th bday at the track and so I went with my daughter. I was going to bet once, $10 or something. So we go to look at the horses and I let my daughter pick because I could care less. She picked the one with the worst track record because its name was Diamond and it had a little white diamond shape between its eyes. It ended up winning first place, pulling through at the last second. It was exciting! We won $30. I bought her all kinds of junk food and cheap toys (they had a family booth there).

Congrats on the win!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2012, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2012 09:24 PM by earmuffs.)
(23-06-2012 09:14 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(23-06-2012 09:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So just placed my first ever bet on anything.
This dog better run for its life or so help me god I will...
*preps shotgun*

I don't know anything about dog racer, absolutely nothing, but I wanted to bet on something and this race is in like 5minutes.
So put $2 on the dog that was paying like 10c for every $1. I can't even remember if I played it so safe as to bet that he just place and not just win, can't remember.

Anyway, give me a sec...

WTF, the odds for this fucking dog have gone way way up, wtf did it break its leg walking onto the track or something!!!?
WHAT THIS MADNESS!!! Gambling, y u do this to me man? WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wtf.. now the race disapeared? Is it racing now?! DID I WIN!!?? ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
The suspense is killing me.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stupid fucking dog pulled through, guess whos TAB balance just went from $2 to $3.40, I'll give you a clue:
<----- THIS KID!

Fuck yes, drinks on me tonight bitches!

This reminds me of the first and only time I bet on a horse. My sister had her 30th bday at the track and so I went with my daughter. I was going to bet once, $10 or something. So we go to look at the horses and I let my daughter pick because I could care less. She picked the one with the worst track record because its name was Diamond and it had a little white diamond shape between its eyes. It ended up winning first place, pulling through at the last second. It was exciting! We won $30. I bought her all kinds of junk food and cheap toys (they had a family booth there).

Congrats on the win!
Lol, lucky kid.
I bet there's all these old men studying hard out all the numbers and stats and stuff, and here's this little girl picking the horse because it's name and it has a pretty diamond.

3rd straight win in a row, $2 on top of my $2 bet.
I love these fucking dogs!

edit: I don't even know if I'm betting on horses or dogs anymore, but the money keeps stacking up so I don't really give a fuck.
It's a simple numbers game. If there are 8dogs/horses and all have over 5:1 odds, but one is paying 90c on the $1, he's obviously going to come at least 3rd, so you chuck your money on him to place and presto, instant money.

[Image: oscar.png]
23-06-2012, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2012 12:55 AM by earmuffs.)
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Stupid fucking dogs!!!

Well, there goes my profit. Back to square one.

edit: OMG!
I think I should quit while I'm breaking even...

edit2: Ok, day's opening balance was $10. I made a few starting bets on the greyhounds and got it quickly up to $18ish. Then I started betting on the stupid horses and lost my profit. So now, at the end of the day I am leaving it until tomorrow sitting at 6 $2 bets. 1 on the boxing on the 5th of July because I kept seeing the add for it and thinking Cameron didn't stand a chance so I might as well put my money where my mouth is on that one. 1 on a Aussie Rules game tonight, the odds were good for the team I picked, something $1.20 compared to $5.something. 2 netball games. And the last 2 on two greyhound races later tonight.
Think I am going to stick to the dogs, less of them so better chance of placing and the odds seem to be really one sided towards some dogs compared to the very even all round with the horses.

So hopefully tomorrow morning I will be rich.

[Image: oscar.png]
24-06-2012, 05:06 AM
Gambling is for losers... obviously. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-06-2012, 03:31 PM
(24-06-2012 05:06 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Gambling is for losers... obviously. Tongue

Unless you own the house. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-06-2012, 04:15 PM
My knee hurts so bad, and today I could barely walk so my 45 minute walk back from work to home took an hour instead because I couldn't friggin' walk. Now I put a bandage on in a way that it puts pressure on the spots that are sweeling on my knee. Hopefully reducing the swelling and the obvious inflamation (i put ointment under the bandages of course). I am happy that I payed good attention when I attended all these first aid courses and classes, otherwise I would have to lose a lot of cash on such things, but as is I can do my bandages myself, I can pretty much do anything myself but heal a break or so, and even a small bone break (finger/toe) I might skip the doctor and simply take care of it myself because I know how (and because I hate spending money on stuff I can do myself).

Oh and btw... about spending cash on things I can do myself. I am not rich so I find my - very effective - ways to save cash, what's wrong with that. Why do I get weird looks for that? Not so long ago it was a completely normal thing to do everything yourself, but in this spoiled society in that we live, I have to be looked down at because I do most stuff myself. Hell!! Bloody hell!
All the saved money goes into really fun stuff, I like having fun, so I spend cash on that instead of stupid shit!
So sorry, at the people who keep throwing their money out of the window, I can't and don't want to afford that behaviour.
I'd rather save for things that are really fun and special.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
25-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Shame Leela. Sorry about your knee...
25-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Can't you cast a spell and make your knee feel better?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
25-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Yay! Gwynnie google news full of her buying a new pad; rather than that other thing. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Man, I used to meth and crack and drink; all that kinda crap that a fool is supposed to get addicted to, and what do I do? Get addicted to an actress? I'm so pathetic and stuff... Imma go to the vet, get put to sleep. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post