Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
05-05-2013, 12:24 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Anjele Wrote:Why is it that death brings out the absolute worst in some people? When my dad died, the things said and done by my brother created a total break in our relationship...we don't communicate at all any more. Now my husband's uncles are trying to get everything they can (that they didn't already make off with) from what their father had. The man was just buried today. They are showing no signs of loss of a man that took care of them well past the time they should have been taking care of him. They are greedily fighting over how to limit the number of people to share with.

Semi-related: after my dad's funeral, we were all at my grandparents' house. The first thing my brother said was, "How am i gonna buy cigarettes now?" (Meaning, he got money from my dad.) Then he stole all my dad's Vicodin and sold them for cigarette money, before the body was even cold.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2013, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013 02:48 PM by Lienda Bella.)
(Edited and edited because [look at title])
I'd like to go to sleep, and I mean a really deep one.
Find all posts by this user
05-05-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm tempted to make a thread dedicated solely to cat pictures. Big Grin

[Image: giphy.gif]
05-05-2013, 07:32 PM
(05-05-2013 07:23 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I'm tempted to make a thread dedicated solely to cat pictures. Big Grin

This is the internet the entire thing is dedicated solely to cat pictures.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
05-05-2013, 07:41 PM
(05-05-2013 12:24 PM)amyb Wrote:  
Anjele Wrote:Why is it that death brings out the absolute worst in some people? When my dad died, the things said and done by my brother created a total break in our relationship...we don't communicate at all any more. Now my husband's uncles are trying to get everything they can (that they didn't already make off with) from what their father had. The man was just buried today. They are showing no signs of loss of a man that took care of them well past the time they should have been taking care of him. They are greedily fighting over how to limit the number of people to share with.

Semi-related: after my dad's funeral, we were all at my grandparents' house. The first thing my brother said was, "How am i gonna buy cigarettes now?" (Meaning, he got money from my dad.) Then he stole all my dad's Vicodin and sold them for cigarette money, before the body was even cold.

I'd like to share something similar. When my wife's grandmother died her two daughters (my mother-in-law and her sister) went to the house to inventory and divide her things. The sister was caught pocketing jewelry and her husband was documenting on an Excel spreadsheet everything, including brooms and dust pans and assigning dollar values! These two never helped the old lady out, whenever the house needed repairs my wife's parents forked over the money. This was the first and only time I met them, when the property was being parcelled out.

"The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder.” ~ Ralph W. Sockman
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
05-05-2013, 07:48 PM
(05-05-2013 07:32 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 07:23 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I'm tempted to make a thread dedicated solely to cat pictures. Big Grin

This is the internet the entire thing is dedicated solely to cat pictures.

[Image: giphy.gif]
05-05-2013, 08:14 PM
(05-05-2013 07:48 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 07:32 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is the internet the entire thing is dedicated solely to cat pictures.

This is something I read a while ago and it may interest you.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/books...ernet.html

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
05-05-2013, 11:53 PM
So this is a road I ride daily today...

OH, and alongside the flooding throughout the city there was a minor earthquake...

Looks like you left just in time DLJ.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
06-05-2013, 12:44 AM
I'm getting older and still don't know what I want to be when I grow up =(

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
06-05-2013, 12:47 AM
You will become old and frail with a mind which is forever slipping away from you, your most loved memories leaving you, being replaced by a loss of identity and a childish mentality.

If you're unlucky.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.