Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-05-2013, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2013 09:54 AM by DLJ.)
RE: Ranting corner
Hey Mom,
Can I ask what you eat before you go to bed?
I used to get diet-related migraines.
Cheese and chocolate ... add a bright light and WHAM!
Do you only get migraines during the summer months?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-05-2013, 09:57 AM
I was going to suggest either take a look at diet or the bed itself. Also, you might want to check with a chiropractor; something in your back could be out.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
19-05-2013, 01:57 PM
So... last night of no sleep... Oh My Fuck I Am Tired.

See... I got this dead lion I have to meet...

I'm so fucked it's not even funny.

But hey, nice to know I can still do these fucking intense pressured deliver or die projects.

That's assuming that I do in fact meet this dead lion.

Not meeting a dead lion is regarded as a serious offence...

I'm currently engaged in feature stripping... which isn't nearly as much fun as it sounds...

I suppose I could always just let it go...

But I've worked my ass off for this... I *will* not let that go to waste.

OK end ramble... carry on. I double spaced this... even though it's just pixels I feel bad for wasting space...
19-05-2013, 05:24 PM
Gawdamit, today was going so good. Of ALL the people I least expected to hear a statement like this from, my father's 1st among them! Kinda guy who'd answer the door to some Jehovah's Witnesses in his underwear like, "who? Jesus? Yeah he's here, come on inside *scary crazy laugh* Evil_monster heheheheheheh". We WERE talking about my brother's lady problems, and out of left field, "it's like you and that atheist thing with them atheist women! bunch a sluts sounds like. find ya a good full-time woman. have some kids." I mean left field; I was like Blink you mean slutty like a preacher's daughter? I was joking, but he gave me that Dodgy look. I got a little serious, you realize every girl I've ever actually introduced you to was some form of "faithful", right. Again that Dodgy look. It was more a "start a family" discussion than it was about faith, but him using my lack of faith as ammunition in that discussion's just a little telling. If he's like this, I don't think I'll let anyone else in the family know. Gawdamit, I was like "come on dad".
I just had to vent Sad

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
19-05-2013, 10:51 PM
So I was volun-told (as we lovingly call it at my company) that I have to go on an out of town outing on my day off tomorrow to Winston OR (2 hours away) to the Wildlife Safari for work. But then I find out I have to spend the whole time with my co-worker who's one of those freaky ignorant, has no idea about anything jesus freak types....sigh....Maybe I'll get lucky and I'll get eaten by a giraffe.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
20-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Had to take public transport today like a lowly peasant!!!!

Also, it's going to cost me $350 in insurance excess to get it fixed...
I wonder if Kickstarter would work to raise the money in a situation like this? Consider
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
20-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Sorry for the slow reply today was just not a good day. To answer the questions... I often eat carbs before bed its my insane craving so I eat toast, pretzels, garlic bread, etc. and I drink sparkling water.

In have been getting migraines for 22years and I can mostly handle them it's the other aches that seem so unbearable at night Sad I have told my dr that everything and I mean everything thatbhurtsnis on my right side but I think she justndoesnt believe me. Maybe TMI but I even get ovulation cramps just on the right side and I don't even have a right ovary. My migraines are on the right side. I get neck pain right side from ear to shoulder. My right arms hurts and at times shakes like ifbIndrank too much coffee. my right foot goes to sleep, my right knee hurts. My right calve and foot muscles cramp up. I'm sure I'm missing something. I seriously feel like two people in one body.
Nothing on my left side every hurts or aches. I try and tell my dr but I have given up now because I don't wanna be made to feel like I am crazy.

I'm just so frustrated. Sorry for the long details.

Wisdom from my eldest "Life's short... Get stoned!"
[Image: tumblr_m988n0gSY21r984nlo1_500.jpg]
20-05-2013, 08:45 AM
CENSORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Okay, I made an account at ChristianForums.com knowing full well I would get frustrated by them, but the censoring of what I say is really starting to piss me off to the point of just wanting to fucking go apeshit on their forum. I have had 2 threads removed and there are entire subsections of the forum I am not permitted to go into without being kicked out and having anything I said deleted. I can't even fucking curse in my posts OR MY PM'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The circle-jerk is really fucking frustrating. They should just not allow atheists to sign-up if they don't want to hear what they have to say. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
20-05-2013, 09:30 AM
(20-05-2013 12:45 AM)AlaskaMom Wrote:  Maybe TMI but I even get ovulation cramps just on the right side and I don't even have a right ovary. My migraines are on the right side. I get neck pain right side from ear to shoulder. My right arms hurts and at times shakes like ifbIndrank too much coffee. my right foot goes to sleep, my right knee hurts. My right calve and foot muscles cramp up. I'm sure I'm missing something. I seriously feel like two people in one body.
Nothing on my left side every hurts or aches. I try and tell my dr but I have given up now because I don't wanna be made to feel like I am crazy.

Something's out. Find a good hands-on chiropractor - one who went to school in Iowa might diminish the quack-factor - make sure they have X-ray equipment. You might be able to find a decent one on Angie's List or you might just ask around. Ask a delivery person -UPS/FEDEX/Mail Carrier.

Let them work on you but always make sure what they say makes sense. They do put the bones back into their proper place and help you to help them stay there. A 2010 report found that manual therapies commonly used by chiropractors are effective for the treatment of low back pain, neck pain, some kinds of headaches and a number of extremity joint conditions.

Don't eat before bed time... give it a few hours. If you need something in your stomach, keep a glass of water on the night stand. Just like anything else, it will take time for your body to adjust but once you get away from feeding at that time, your stomach won't expect it and settle into it's new routine.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-05-2013, 09:33 AM
(20-05-2013 12:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Had to take public transport today like a lowly peasant!!!!

Also, it's going to cost me $350 in insurance excess to get it fixed...
I wonder if Kickstarter would work to raise the money in a situation like this? Consider

Asking for charity eh muffs? That sounds pretty "peasant" like and not at all similar to the homeless people you despise so readily.

Here, have a sip of your own medicine.... get a job and pay for it yourself Laughat

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post