Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-05-2013, 02:22 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Same story here, and I have an entourage of 3.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2013, 02:33 PM
(27-05-2013 02:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm trying to clean the house and the dog is following me around! Seriously, I cleaned the bathroom and the dog was right behind me the whole time!

I know how that is, but mine follows me no matter what I'm doing. He follows me to the bathroom and watches me pee, follows me outside to water the plants, and especially into the kitchen in case I drop food. I miss having a lazy, apathetic dog sometimes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2013, 02:54 PM
(27-05-2013 02:33 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(27-05-2013 02:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm trying to clean the house and the dog is following me around! Seriously, I cleaned the bathroom and the dog was right behind me the whole time!

I know how that is, but mine follows me no matter what I'm doing. He follows me to the bathroom and watches me pee, follows me outside to water the plants, and especially into the kitchen in case I drop food. I miss having a lazy, apathetic dog sometimes.

The food part I totally get. My dog goes into our closet when I go to the bathroom. He can kinda see me from in there...it's odd.

Maybe I'll run the vacuum just to be mean Evil_monster

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-05-2013, 03:06 PM
My one dog is terrified of the vacuum, but the other had decided it's the enemy and he must attack it, which also annoys me. ^_^
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2013, 03:24 PM
We started the day really freaking early with all three dogs pissed at the squirrel that was running up and down the roof...course that was all the more reason for the dogs to get settled in for nice long (all damn day) naps.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-05-2013, 03:27 PM
(27-05-2013 03:06 PM)amyb Wrote:  My one dog is terrified of the vacuum, but the other had decided it's the enemy and he must attack it, which also annoys me. ^_^

My dog hates the vacuum and runs and hides. But O my you should see him when the gardeners come! 25 minutes of nonstop barking, growling, fur standing up....

Then when they leave...he's sooooo proud of himself!

27-05-2013, 03:29 PM
(27-05-2013 03:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We started the day really freaking early with all three dogs pissed at the squirrel that was running up and down the roof...course that was all the more reason for the dogs to get settled in for nice long (all damn day) naps.

My dog wakes ONLY me up when the woodpecker is drilling on the gutter! He will walk around to my side of the bed and lick my face.

I swear one morning I was dreaming I was being water boarded...no it was damn dog slobbering on my face!

27-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Controlling parents
Today my step brother Dustin visited me. He posted on his Facebook status a quote from the film 8 Mile: "Don't ever judge me dude, you don't know what the F*** I've been through" and a Little Wayne lyric: "I've got blood in my eyes, hate in my heart, and love in my mind". Shortly there after his mom called him flipping out about his status updates. Apparently she asked him if he thought the Little Wayne song was a good Christian song and that they could come pick him up from my house right then. She suggested he listen to a hard rock Christian group. Then dad calls to talk to Dustin about the same thing.

I found it all Fucking ridiculous. Dustin will soon be sixteen years old. His mom and my dad are acting like he did something terrible. All he did was cuss. If I had a fifteen year old son and all I had to worry about him doing was saying some curse words then I'd be extremely pleased with him. It pisses me off that adults expect children and teenagers to act like saints. My dad and Dustin's mom need to get a grip on reality and stop expecting a sixteen year old to be "perfect". On top of that they signed Dustin up to be in a church play without even asking him if he wanted to be in it.

Also Dustin wanted to get his ear pierced and have an earring with spikes on it. His mom said he can't get the spiked ear ring because she doesn't like the spikes. What difference does it make if she likes spikes or not; she wouldn't be the one wearing the earring. Yet she's going to let him get a tattoo because it's of a cross and is in memory of her dad (Dustin's grandfather). I thought the Bible supposedly condemned tats (?). Tattoos are permanent while an earring is temporary.

I hate how some parents fail to realize that their children are individuals with their own thoughts and emotions. Children are not trophies; their purpose is not to make you look good. All Dustin's mom is concerned about is how the church perceives her. She fears that Dustin will make her look bad. She doesn't give a damn about Dustin's feelings. Dodgy

~hope

"Believe me, nothing is trivial." ~Eric Draven
[+] 3 users Like desperate believer's post
27-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Just sad...I'm kinda in the middle. I don't really care what my kids post on fb. In fact I prefer they think I'm never on it. It's just a tool to spy on them.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-05-2013, 05:20 PM
She is his mother, he is 16. He may have to suck it up a couple more years.

Unless he is able to emancipate himself...I mean he isn't being abused from what you say.

Some parents allow outward expressions of individuality as being just that. Some are worried about how their children's behavior refelcts on them...even if it really doesn't.

I was raised by the latter. The limits on me were pretty extreme...what would people think. If you ever braid your hair to frizz it out again (a la Joplin) you will get your ass beat and be grounded for the remainder of the school year. What a rebel I was, no more crazy hair for this chick. But it did take a while to break out of the voice in my head that said...you shouldn't wear/do that...what will people think.

I took one of my kids to get her tongue pierced so I knew she was going to someone that knew what they were doing. Took two of them to get tattoos before they could get them on their own.

Your brother will survive...he may just need to toe the line till he can support himself.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF