Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-05-2013, 10:01 PM
RE: Ranting corner
You'll live...trust me.

Seriously can't wait for hockey season to end...for crap sakes winter is loooooong over now.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2013, 01:50 AM
(29-05-2013 05:57 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(29-05-2013 05:09 PM)Caveman Wrote:  There's this animate video.
I think it was from Egoraptor.
Basically shows a couple of parents, 20 years in the future, with a daughter that is exponantially worse and wilder that the current generation. (just stickers over the nipples and a band-aid over the vagina, in the name of fashion).
The video ends with the parents nostalgically listening to Nicki Minaj.

Can't find the video right now, it's actually keeping me up.
Anyone of you know it?

I do. I watched it maybe two weeks ago.

Now I'm racking my brain, trying to find the name of it. I will share when I find it Smile

EDIT: Found it right after posting.

Hope you can sleep now, Caveman.

Thank you.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
30-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Re: Ranting corner
One of my clients was following me around (as he always does cause I'm his favourite) my co-worker comes in and says "clients name, are you stalking mana again?" (he calls mana) he grins and replies "yah!" My co-worker then says "good thing you can't actually see her!"

Hmph! How rude lol
30-05-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm gonna go out a limb and say it.
That douche bag vandalizing my motorbike was perhaps for the best. Seriously.
At the start of the other week I have never been so broke in my life. I mean, like seriously broke. Like, borderline bankruptcy broke (though I would never let happen especially at my age). And on top of being broke I had this $350 that I need to come up with in order to get my motorbike back.
So, this forced me to manage my money. Previously it goes in and when things need to be paid I pay them. But this week I've had to actually, wait for it, plan *gasp* my money. On top of that I have not had a motorbike, aka absolute freedom. This has cut my spending by an unbelievable amount. Like seriously, my food bill this week is half of what it usually is simply because I've cut out all the unnecessary crap, but still having little crap like my coke (which is cheap). When you can only afford to go to the super market once a week and the walk, even from the bus stop, is stairs after stairs followed by hills etc.. you really have to budget what you buy as to what can fit in your bag and what you are willing to carrying up a huge hill.
And it's not like I'm starving. I still get a good meal every day (if pasta crammed with veggies all covered in pasta sauce can be considered a good meal, but I consider it a good meal so w/e) AND I have 2minute noodles for lunch and I got a cheap (and very nice I might add) pizza for when I cant be fucked cooking.
Anyway, the moral of the story is, when I had my motorbike I would shop that day for food that day. So I would go to the grocery store, buy some veggies, buy some meat or whatever. But I'd also buy a bag of chips for example ontop of everything.
What I'm doing now is, I'm shopping once a week (because I have to use the bus) and I'm buying bulk (which is cheaper in the long run) things like frozen veg or a big bag of regular sausages (as opposed to like a 6 pack of lamb rosemary sausages) or whatever BUT I'm not getting things like the bag of chips or the energy drinks (he says as he takes a sip from an energy drink, shut up they were on special) and I'm buying the bulk on special too I might add. Which is resulting in like I said, huge food savings. Wanna know how much it cost me to eat last week? $35. Wanna know how much it costs when I buy every day? $80.
And when you're a poor university student where every dollar counts, $45 is the fucking lottery...

So I'm still broke as hell this week because a $47 unexpected payment needed to come out BUT things look fine and next week I may even save a couple bucks... SAVE. The last time I saved money was 3 years ago...

You'd think someone so obsessed with money would have a better grasp on his own financials right?

ps: This is not including what I'm saving on gas and registration which is $25 a week.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
31-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Congratulations, Muffs...?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-05-2013, 02:58 AM
(31-05-2013 01:02 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Congratulations, Muffs...?

Oh to be young and care free.
Young FT, one day you will be thrust upon the world and then you shall understand.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
31-05-2013, 09:01 AM
(30-05-2013 10:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm gonna go out a limb and say it.
That douche bag vandalizing my motorbike was perhaps for the best. Seriously.
At the start of the other week I have never been so broke in my life. I mean, like seriously broke. Like, borderline bankruptcy broke (though I would never let happen especially at my age). And on top of being broke I had this $350 that I need to come up with in order to get my motorbike back.
So, this forced me to manage my money. Previously it goes in and when things need to be paid I pay them. But this week I've had to actually, wait for it, plan *gasp* my money. On top of that I have not had a motorbike, aka absolute freedom. This has cut my spending by an unbelievable amount. Like seriously, my food bill this week is half of what it usually is simply because I've cut out all the unnecessary crap, but still having little crap like my coke (which is cheap). When you can only afford to go to the super market once a week and the walk, even from the bus stop, is stairs after stairs followed by hills etc.. you really have to budget what you buy as to what can fit in your bag and what you are willing to carrying up a huge hill.
And it's not like I'm starving. I still get a good meal every day (if pasta crammed with veggies all covered in pasta sauce can be considered a good meal, but I consider it a good meal so w/e) AND I have 2minute noodles for lunch and I got a cheap (and very nice I might add) pizza for when I cant be fucked cooking.
Anyway, the moral of the story is, when I had my motorbike I would shop that day for food that day. So I would go to the grocery store, buy some veggies, buy some meat or whatever. But I'd also buy a bag of chips for example ontop of everything.
What I'm doing now is, I'm shopping once a week (because I have to use the bus) and I'm buying bulk (which is cheaper in the long run) things like frozen veg or a big bag of regular sausages (as opposed to like a 6 pack of lamb rosemary sausages) or whatever BUT I'm not getting things like the bag of chips or the energy drinks (he says as he takes a sip from an energy drink, shut up they were on special) and I'm buying the bulk on special too I might add. Which is resulting in like I said, huge food savings. Wanna know how much it cost me to eat last week? $35. Wanna know how much it costs when I buy every day? $80.
And when you're a poor university student where every dollar counts, $45 is the fucking lottery...

So I'm still broke as hell this week because a $47 unexpected payment needed to come out BUT things look fine and next week I may even save a couple bucks... SAVE. The last time I saved money was 3 years ago...

You'd think someone so obsessed with money would have a better grasp on his own financials right?

ps: This is not including what I'm saving on gas and registration which is $25 a week.
Reading this gave me hope about my own current financial situation. It's good to see someone managing and actually finding the positive in an otherwise dreary existence. (Even though it's only going to be dreary for a short while, I'm hoping, for you.)

Big Grin

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
31-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Muffs. If I can survive off nothing for as long as I did so can you Smile I found it helped to keep a budget sheet so I could visualize every bill I needed to pay and track what I was spending on everything else. (you're more likely to stop and reconsider if you can physically see the impact that energy drink will cause)

I'm sure you already know this but I had to say it Dammit Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
31-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Sitting in the waiting room at the doctor with a client. He is sedated and merrily sleeping off the medication while we wait a ridiculously long time. I'm getting beat up soon. Lol *facepalm*
31-05-2013, 09:22 AM
(31-05-2013 09:15 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Sitting in the waiting room at the doctor with a client. He is sedated and merrily sleeping off the medication while we wait a ridiculously long time. I'm getting beat up soon. Lol *facepalm*

can you quietly tell the nurse to give a message to the doctor " that sleeping beauty's meds will wear off soon and then we will all have to deal with the ugly side of life if this appointment doesn't move along faster"

sometimes a reminder is needed because smart nurses and doc's know when to speed a patient thru the process.

can I ask what kind of work you do?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller