Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-06-2013, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 05:29 PM by TheGulegon.)
RE: Ranting corner
People, who seem to know exactly where to find squad car look-a-likes for sale complete with mounted spot lights, driving by all slow like the poh-leece done come for meh! Paint the damn things green!!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2013, 07:15 AM
I got 8minutes to kill before Game of Thrones session 3 episode 9, the one I've waited an extra week for, finishes downloading...
Grrr.

[Image: oscar.png]
03-06-2013, 10:27 AM
So I cleaned my keyboard and now the keys stick!

Weeping

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-06-2013, 10:33 AM
You grab the wrong bottle Dom?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-06-2013, 11:09 AM
I went to my optometrist appt at 8:30 today. He said the cataracts (caused by prednisone) are going to keep getting worse, and since I already had the dilator stuff in my eyes, asked if I wanted a consult with the eye surgeon who was in the building and not busy at that time. So I saw that guy, too, and he shined a lot of lights in my eyeballs. He dictated an enormous list of problems with my eyes to the assistant, who was typing it, including by not limited to the cataracts and some kind of wrinkles in my retina (probably what is causing the double vision). Then he sent me to another room to talk to the surgical assistant guy, who had me sign a bunch of paperwork and gave me a lot of instructions.

In the beginning of July, I'm having the right eye done. I will be able to wear an eyepatch and talk like a pirate for a while. Later in July, I'll have the left eye done (which I'm protective of, because it's my favorite eyeball). More drops and eyepatches. Meanwhile, I also need a GP visit within a certain time period, and a follow up the day after each surgery. I don't even fucking want to know how much this will cost, but I turned down the option of the super-duper lens implants that cost an extra $5000, and said I will just wear reading glasses forever (the operations will probably make me farsighted; I am nearsighted now, and the lenses will not be able to focus right for things close to me).

I don't precisely look forward to having my eyeballs cut open, but it's going to need done sooner or later. I will be on prednisone for at least another year, which is going to cause further eye problems. Might as well get this shit out of the way, I guess.

Not really a rant, but I didn't feel like making a whole thread of my own in the health section. I just worry because he tells me things about the risks, and that you can go blind if it gets infected, etc.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2013, 11:30 AM
amyb...what effect with the predisone have on your post-surgical eyes, if any? Would it be better to wait till you are off the prednisone?

Just asking...I know you often have to drag post-op info out of doctors.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

03-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Man, I love banking customer service.
I propose that there is no better customer service then banking customer service.

[Image: oscar.png]
03-06-2013, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2013 12:55 PM by amyb.)
(03-06-2013 11:30 AM)Anjele Wrote:  amyb...what effect with the predisone have on your post-surgical eyes, if any? Would it be better to wait till you are off the prednisone?

Just asking...I know you often have to drag post-op info out of doctors.

The cataracts were caused by prednisone (high doses for nearly 6 years), and have gotten progressively worse. If I wait to have it done, my vision problems will get worse (and I can just give up on driving) as long as I'm on it. Since the cataracts aren't going to get better, it's probably less problematic if I just do it now. That would mean less worsening of my vision, and it would mean I could get it over with.

It has caused other eye problems, such as the stuff going on with my retinas, but that's not affected by this surgery and I think just having the new lenses will be a vast improvement, it's possible I won't need anything else done to me.

Insurance will cover a lot of it, I'm sure, it just wouldn't cover the special ones that make your vision perfect. I don't care about that, I've worn glasses for at least 25 years and I don't care if I have to wear glasses for reading for another 25 years.

It also seems like all of July will be a huge pain in the ass, constant doctor visits, post op checkups, surgeries, eyepatches, three kinds of eyedrops, needing to get new glasses because my Rx will be different, etc. But it's a pain in the ass that will have to happen sooner or later. I mean, five minutes ago I was out in my garden, and I decided not to weed it until it's near sunset; the glare I get from the sun makes me half blind.

earmuffs Wrote:Man, I love banking customer service.
I propose that there is no better customer service then banking customer service.
I agree. Idid have a good experience in December, when somebody managed to use my account to buy $400 worth of scented candles or some shit, and they were very nice and gave me my money back.
03-06-2013, 02:58 PM
I was just wondering amyb...there seems to have been a lot of detail left out regarding crap I would (and do) deal with post surgery. Learning the hard way.

Sorry you have to go through this and am hoping you have good results and a speedy recovery!

03-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Thanks. It's just a pain because it's dragged out for a whole month,because they won't do both eyes, I'd be totally blind with bandages and eyepatches on both eyes. Heh. Well, can't do much about it.

Meanwhile, the one is scheduled on a day I already promised to go to my grandma's house and help her around the house because she's getting surgery on both knees (so she'll be in a wheelchair for a while). My aunt will be around from out of state too, though, so somebody is going to have to take my place, taking care of my grandma, while I'm out of town getting the cataract surgery.

That, and damn, everyone I know who's had cataract surgery is at least twice my age. Damned steroids.