Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-06-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Why do five idiots have to get into a screaming match in front of my house at midnight. Cars all over the street trying to run the other over, pounding on hoods. Call the police - who never show up. Get my little girl on the floor just in case these stupid fucks decide to start shooting at each other.
Wonder if i could have picked them off silently with my bow? Consider
Why cant they do that shit at their own damn house!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 04:33 AM
Ohh yea, got shit done today.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-06-2013, 04:34 AM
Somebody posted on the forum!? Fuck, my "having no posts at all to read for 3 odd hours time" has been disturbed!

YAY!! I'm not alone!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-06-2013, 05:58 AM
(03-06-2013 11:09 AM)amyb Wrote:  I went to my optometrist appt at 8:30 today. He said the cataracts (caused by prednisone) are going to keep getting worse, and since I already had the dilator stuff in my eyes, asked if I wanted a consult with the eye surgeon who was in the building and not busy at that time. So I saw that guy, too, and he shined a lot of lights in my eyeballs. He dictated an enormous list of problems with my eyes to the assistant, who was typing it, including by not limited to the cataracts and some kind of wrinkles in my retina (probably what is causing the double vision). Then he sent me to another room to talk to the surgical assistant guy, who had me sign a bunch of paperwork and gave me a lot of instructions.

In the beginning of July, I'm having the right eye done. I will be able to wear an eyepatch and talk like a pirate for a while. Later in July, I'll have the left eye done (which I'm protective of, because it's my favorite eyeball). More drops and eyepatches. Meanwhile, I also need a GP visit within a certain time period, and a follow up the day after each surgery. I don't even fucking want to know how much this will cost, but I turned down the option of the super-duper lens implants that cost an extra $5000, and said I will just wear reading glasses forever (the operations will probably make me farsighted; I am nearsighted now, and the lenses will not be able to focus right for things close to me).

I don't precisely look forward to having my eyeballs cut open, but it's going to need done sooner or later. I will be on prednisone for at least another year, which is going to cause further eye problems. Might as well get this shit out of the way, I guess.

Not really a rant, but I didn't feel like making a whole thread of my own in the health section. I just worry because he tells me things about the risks, and that you can go blind if it gets infected, etc.

Amy, my husband had both eyes done. They did one farsighted and one nearsighted. It took him two weeks for his brain to adjust to it and then he could see like a hawk, far away and right up up his nose.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Fucking netflix.

I had 3 movies at the top of my queue that I wanted BEFORE the weekend. The idea being we'd watch them, send them back and get DIFFERENT movies by Saturday.

This has ALWAYS worked for me in the past and we've NEVER once had a problem.

Until this time.

I'm for some odd reason only getting ONE of movies I wanted for Wednesday. Which means the other one (I really wanted) won't come until after we've watched the movies slated for the weekend. Netflix just skipped two things in my queue....

Just totally blew them off...They don't say "short" wait or "unavailable" they just fucking skipped them like they weren't there!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-06-2013, 10:30 AM
(04-06-2013 09:53 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fucking netflix.

I had 3 movies at the top of my queue that I wanted BEFORE the weekend. The idea being we'd watch them, send them back and get DIFFERENT movies by Saturday.

Until this time.

I'm for some odd reason only getting ONE of movies I wanted for Wednesday. Which means the other one (I really wanted) won't come until after we've watched the movies slated for the weekend. Netflix just skipped two things in my queue....

Just totally blew them off...They don't say "short" wait or "unavailable" they just fucking skipped them like they weren't there!

I hate Netflix.

File a complaint. Can't hurt. You have a legitimate reason to be upset and you are paying them to do what they advertise.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
04-06-2013, 10:47 AM
(04-06-2013 10:30 AM)Peanut Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 09:53 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fucking netflix.

Until this time.

I hate Netflix.

File a complaint. Can't hurt. You have a legitimate reason to be upset and you are paying them to do what they advertise.

Funny, I called them. I explained what went on....my method for ordering movies when kids are around. Lol.

The guy totally agreed it was weird. So he's sending the other movie I really wanted as a bonus. So I should get two movies I wanted for Wednesday night and the rest can wait until the weekend.

Saturday, my oldest kid graduates high school and he's going to grad night...so husband and I can watch woody Allen movies.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Seems to be this is exactly what I went through then Blockbuster started its downward spiral...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
04-06-2013, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 01:29 PM by amyb.)
(04-06-2013 05:58 AM)Dom Wrote:  Amy, my husband had both eyes done. They did one farsighted and one nearsighted. It took him two weeks for his brain to adjust to it and then he could see like a hawk, far away and right up up his nose.

Well, that's interesting. I think I am just going for the farsighted, I don't mind wearing glasses, but it would be nice if I possibly might be able to drive without them (I used to live places with better public transport, and never bothered to get a license or car, but I do have my permit). I certainly will miss being able to focus close up, but I am willing to wear to glasses, I've worn glasses every day for more than 20 years.

I also have macular wrinkling, which explains the blurriness I have sometimes. I doubt it is bad enough to even think of surgery (they suck out the vitrious gel an replace it with saline, then remove scar tissue), and i think if the cataracts are gone I will get along much better in all lighting situations (right now I only see well in dim light). i just hope to be able to taper the prednisone more quickly to reduce/eliminate further damage to my eyes (in the form of retina problems; I don't have to worry about the cataracts anymore since my lenses will be replaced).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2013, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 01:53 PM by Lienda Bella.)
I need a ring for my long unmarriage finger. *stretch stretch slide* Meh. I failed.