Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-06-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(04-06-2013 10:55 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Seems to be this is exactly what I went through then Blockbuster started its downward spiral...

They closed all the Blockbuster video stores in our area and they stopped sending me emails...

Are they even still in business?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 02:17 PM
(04-06-2013 01:12 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 05:58 AM)Dom Wrote:  Amy, my husband had both eyes done. They did one farsighted and one nearsighted. It took him two weeks for his brain to adjust to it and then he could see like a hawk, far away and right up up his nose.

Well, that's interesting. I think I am just going for the farsighted, I don't mind wearing glasses, but it would be nice if I possibly might be able to drive without them (I used to live places with better public transport, and never bothered to get a license or car, but I do have my permit). I certainly will miss being able to focus close up, but I am willing to wear to glasses, I've worn glasses every day for more than 20 years.

I also have macular wrinkling, which explains the blurriness I have sometimes. I doubt it is bad enough to even think of surgery (they suck out the vitrious gel an replace it with saline, then remove scar tissue), and i think if the cataracts are gone I will get along much better in all lighting situations (right now I only see well in dim light). i just hope to be able to taper the prednisone more quickly to reduce/eliminate further damage to my eyes (in the form of retina problems; I don't have to worry about the cataracts anymore since my lenses will be replaced).

Yes, you will see better in all types of light. You really should consider getting one far sighted and one near sighted though. While it takes the brain a while to process this, it is nothing short of amazing how this balances out. Hubby had always been near sighted. He, too, had cataracts. Once done, he saw better than he ever had in his life.

I was thoroughly impressed, who'd have thunk the brain can balance the eyes like that!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-06-2013, 02:29 PM
(04-06-2013 02:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yes, you will see better in all types of light. You really should consider getting one far sighted and one near sighted though. While it takes the brain a while to process this, it is nothing short of amazing how this balances out. Hubby had always been near sighted. He, too, had cataracts. Once done, he saw better than he ever had in his life.

I was thoroughly impressed, who'd have thunk the brain can balance the eyes like that!

That does sound really cool, thanks for the info. I will discuss it at my next appt (probably after getting the one farsighted, at least).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Has there ever been another person who sneezed so violently it caused them to chip one of their front teeth? Sad
*groans* I don't want to go BACK to the gawdam dentists Sadcryface2

04-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Blockbuster crashed big time...when they had the unlimited plan for movies via mail, they found out people knew what unlimited meant. Suddenly there were limits placed that 'lost' every damn thing I had in queue. It went down and down from there...prices went up and value went down.

I think they seriously underestimated demand and got in way over their heads. Between the mail thing and the storefronts, it was too much.

Netflix may pull it off because they aren't running a ton of stores with all the associated expenses.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
04-06-2013, 05:59 PM
(04-06-2013 02:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 10:55 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Seems to be this is exactly what I went through then Blockbuster started its downward spiral...

They closed all the Blockbuster video stores in our area and they stopped sending me emails...

we have 2 left in our area.
04-06-2013, 09:38 PM
WHO BUSTERED MY BLOCKS?!?!??!

[Image: giphy.gif]
04-06-2013, 10:23 PM
(04-06-2013 05:59 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 02:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  They closed all the Blockbuster video stores in our area and they stopped sending me emails...

we have 2 left in our area.

I actually wish there was one close by. You're kinda lucky!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-06-2013, 10:34 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO​OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I LOVE YOU JESUS!

[Image: oscar.png]
04-06-2013, 10:37 PM
[Image: tumblr_inline_mmupbd0fRB1qz4rgp.gif]

[Image: oscar.png]