Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-06-2013, 12:05 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(05-06-2013 06:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Doesn't help that it's so fucking cold too.
My dutch flatmate made the comment that it's not that NZ is cold, it's that our housing sucks.
So while it may be colder in somewhere like Norway, they have nice incelated (yes I know I spelt that wrong) housing for example and double glazing widows. We don't have any of that here.
My room for example has a big window on the wall that boarders that outside of the house. That window glass is thin and the curtains suck.
So when it's like 5 degrees outside, it's 5 degrees inside too...

Can you at least get thermal curtains there? The thick insulating kind? Made a big difference for me this past winter (well, a big difference during our one brief -35 cold snap; other than that things were fine already).

I'm always amazed at how poorly insulated some housing is in the northeastern US, when I visit. New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio... they get long stretches of subzero weather (basically just as much as southern Ontario!), why aren't homes built for it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 07:56 PM
So the other day I went inside of a gas station to buy whatever, and the cashier lady working the counter looks at me and says the rudest thing ever. I had my hair pulled back into a bun and I was rockin' a sort of t-shirt lazy day, and this lady looks at my gauged ears (they're not even remotely large holes) and calls me padlock.

Padlock.

PADLOCK.

[Image: 11949848541326072700padlock_aj_ashton_01.svg.med.png]
05-06-2013, 07:58 PM
(05-06-2013 07:56 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  So the other day I went inside of a gas station to buy whatever, and the cashier lady working the counter looks at me and says the rudest thing ever. I had my hair pulled back into a bun and I was rockin' a sort of t-shirt lazy day, and this lady looks at my gauged ears (they're not even remotely large holes) and calls me padlock.

Padlock.

PADLOCK.

Next time you see her give her a high-five from me. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
05-06-2013, 08:00 PM
(05-06-2013 07:58 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Next time you see her give her a high-five from me. Big Grin

Die. Angry
05-06-2013, 08:03 PM
(05-06-2013 07:56 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  So the other day I went inside of a gas station to buy whatever, and the cashier lady working the counter looks at me and says the rudest thing ever. I had my hair pulled back into a bun and I was rockin' a sort of t-shirt lazy day, and this lady looks at my gauged ears (they're not even remotely large holes) and calls me padlock.

Padlock.

PADLOCK.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlKSKE4MqpYJskyYYzDkA...VxuaUcjlgo]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
05-06-2013, 08:03 PM
(05-06-2013 08:00 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Die. Angry

And to think, I gave you a rep for your eloquence! No

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
05-06-2013, 09:12 PM
So, umm...

Ranting initaited in five...four...three...two...one..

Why does love have to be so damn difficult. Next thing you know, I am hanging out with my girlfriend and we are watching some movies, and the next moment she's like:

"Hey, I have a razor, do you want me to shave your chest hair?"

What the hell does that even mean?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
05-06-2013, 09:18 PM
(05-06-2013 09:12 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  So, umm...

Why does love have to be so damn difficult. Next thing you know, I am hanging out with my girlfriend and we are watching some movies, and the next moment she's like:

It means you picked the wrong movie and she was bored.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-06-2013, 09:55 PM
(05-06-2013 09:12 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  So, umm...

Yes.

"love".

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
05-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Okay, here's what it means..."how much can I talk you into?"

After the makeup thing, I am betting she figures why not go for broke.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post