Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-06-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: Ranting corner
What the fuck? This History 2 channel has a fantastic couple of hours of great shit on the forming of the planet and meteorites and then... WHUUUU? Fucking aliens, aliens, ALIENS! I'm trying to get my geology jollies here and fuck if they don't give me fucking aliens living on mountains. Assholes.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
07-06-2013, 08:10 PM
(07-06-2013 04:19 PM)kim Wrote:  What the fuck? This History 2 channel has a fantastic couple of hours of great shit on the forming of the planet and meteorites and then... WHUUUU? Fucking aliens, aliens, ALIENS! I'm trying to get my geology jollies here and fuck if they don't give me fucking aliens living on mountains. Assholes.

Tell me about it Dodgy
How does WWE SmackDown get onto Sci-Fi? Angry
A Pawn Shop on The History Channel! Blink
I'll check out a few episodes of this Brain Games on National Geographic Channel, but I got a sneaking suspicion I'll just end up pulling up an old episode of Most Evil from the DVR Undecided

07-06-2013, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 10:00 PM by kim.)
I really don't feel like talking to most people unless I have to. A minority of folk here have made me uncomfortable. Some kid caught a cat fish. :| ... uhmn.... good for him? .... He held it up and said "Look what I caught." I was like *ignore* while thinking "Oh god! A group of teens! Please not this giggle at thing again."

Well, thrills. The girl and the boy sitting next to her did a snicker giggle kind of thing, when I continued by quietly. Yeah, there we go again. I got defensive and left. Seems like some reflex I have. 1: Think someone is making fun. 2: Say something defensive. *facepalm* Fantastic... No more going to the park by myself. Things that work in childhood don't in adulthood.

Next. I hate going to church. My Grandfather probably thinks I'm going to hell. *bites hand* Tonight's "lesson" was about how God deserves all the credit for food, medicine and anything good. Apparently, us non-Christians are ignorant and unteachable because we ignore "the truth." Non-Christians are egotistically proud and are led into blindness by temptations that make us feel good. Unlike the really sweet Christians of that congregation, we non-believers wouldn't help others in need if we knew how to, because we're busy being ungrateful with no thanks for the good. I tried to zone off and mentally block this, but that only worked for the songs. I just couldn't sing along with the last one. Ugh. I am in a really bad mood now.
08-06-2013, 01:09 PM
A foot - the space needed to not have a bus/car crash.

Thankfully the bus driver was a pro.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
08-06-2013, 01:37 PM
(07-06-2013 08:10 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  How does WWE SmackDown get onto Sci-Fi? Angry
A Pawn Shop on The History Channel! Blink
I'll check out a few episodes of this Brain Games on National Geographic Channel, but I got a sneaking suspicion I'll just end up pulling up an old episode of Most Evil from the DVR Undecided
And this is why I don't have Tv anymore, just netflix and the internet. Fuck all this shit. Also because I can't deal with commercials.

They really need to rename the "history channel" though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
08-06-2013, 02:34 PM
My new favorite in the how'd that show get on there category...is Best Ink on Oxygen.

I gave up on The History Channel a while back...apparently they ran out of history.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
08-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Haha, yes! Ran out of history. I gave up on the History Channel because of Ancient Aliens.

But I also used to get really upset at the scifi channel for wrestling. I mean, sure, pro wrestling isn't real, but that doesn't make it science fiction.
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
08-06-2013, 03:20 PM
I gave up on History channel when yea everything became about pawn stars and swamp people or something like that...

I gave up on TLC when they started the reality shows like those nauseating Duggars.

I gave up SciFi when...well...ok I never really watched it much...

What's the network that did the logging crap and ice road truckers??

See I gave up on them so bad I can't remeber them...

Animal Planet when it became about freakish and rare things, rather than nature stuff where you actually learn something about animals.

Discovery....I still kinda watch but rarely.

I gave up on food network when they started their filler shows like 'next food network star' and 'next Iron Chef' and those dumbshit cake decorating challenges (make them so big and watch em fall apart) and food cart or cupcake 'wars'

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-06-2013, 03:24 PM
(08-06-2013 03:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I gave up on History channel when yea everything became about pawn stars and swamp people or something like that...

I gave up on TLC when they started the reality shows like those nauseating Duggars.

I gave up SciFi when...well...ok I never really watched it much...

What's the network that did the logging crap and ice road truckers??

See I gave up on them so bad I can't remeber them...

Animal Planet when it became about freakish and rare things, rather than nature stuff where you actually learn something about animals.

Discovery....I still kinda watch but rarely.

I gave up on food network when they started their filler shows like 'next food network star' and 'next Iron Chef' and those dumbshit cake decorating challenges (make them so big and watch em fall apart) and food cart or cupcake 'wars'

If I had cable, I would have ditched "SciFi" when they dumbed it down to "SyFy".

I mean, WTAF?!?!?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
08-06-2013, 03:30 PM
The only thing that could bring me into the cult of Oprah is tattoos.

I watch ID, sometimes Bio, and now and then I think it's headline news. True Crime is all I can stand outside of True Blood and Game of Thrones.

I pay a fortune to Verizon FIOS so hubby can stare at all those shows momsbb listed...and anything racing or otherwise mechanical and this incarnation of wrestling. Oh, and anything that involves an auctioneer. Doesn't get any better than that. Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat