Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-07-2012, 05:46 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(01-07-2012 04:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  so got my last exam tomorrow, woooooooooooooooooooooohoooo.

Taxation 201. Got this shit in the bag. I'm good for GST, can do all those calculations easy as pie, good for personal property tax, know those 3 parts of the Income Tax act like the back of my hand, good for land tax as that part is covered almost entirely in the Income tax act and is just a matter of reading what the law is to the situation at hand to coping that shit down. Where I am having trouble is with deductions. So many deductions for so many different things and it's spread out all over the place so not just a matter of CB6-CB24 like land tax, it's all over the show. And then when I do find it you gotta know which method to use to make the deduction, then you gotta do the deduction and it's just all pretty errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Thing is the only way they can really have it as an exam question is if they give you a list of things and you have to work out what ones are deductible under what section of the act and then do the calculations, unlike the GST calculations which a shit ton easier but they can make you do essay questions instead.

Eh, I'll be fine, I gotta get at least a C in this exam to pass the whole paper and I'm averaging like B+ this whole degree so I'm not worried, breezing through this like it's high school. "Imagine the grades you could be getting if you applied yourself!" my mother always says to which I respond, "yeah and think off all the video game time I would be missing out on. Priorities mother, priories"
What do grades matter, employees don't look at grades they judge you on your job interview and then on how well you can do the actual job. Grades mean jack shit, have since middle school, have all the way through high school (doing same degree at same university as people who got far better grades then me in high school...) and continue to mean nothing now at university. Yet people scramble over them like candy from a pinata. People stress too much, that's their problem. Think grades are the most important thing in the world, yet just like high school, nobody gives a fuck and they'll be useless like a year later. What? like you're gonna say to your boss 10years into your job, "I deserve a raise because I got A+ in this test 10years ago at university", they don't give a fuck, nobody gives a fuck. You could be hanging off the edge of a cliff, there could be someone standing ontop of the cliff with a pocket full of fucks, and all you needed was just one fuck to survive, they wouldn't give you one.
Food for thought from QI:
Stephen Fry: How long is the perfect job interview?
Jo Brand: How long is a perfect blow job?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2012, 07:52 AM
(01-07-2012 04:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Grades mean jack shit...

Nuh-uh! I had a 4 until I got a 3 in Spanish. So I started smoking crack and dropped outta college. So stop fucking off! Big Grin

And wtf is up with Taz?

In other news, I was gonna blow outta here 'cause I was gonna blow outta Attleboro, but it seems these people wont let me leave. Angry

And my Gwynnie thing is stupid-ridiculous; I mean, seriously.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-07-2012, 07:57 AM
(01-07-2012 07:52 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Nuh-uh! I had a 4 until I got a 3 in Spanish. So I started smoking crack and dropped outta college. So stop fucking off! Big Grin

And wtf is up with Taz?

In other news, I was gonna blow outta here 'cause I was gonna blow outta Attleboro, but it seems these people wont let me leave. Angry

Your Gwynnies thing is part of your charm Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
01-07-2012, 08:01 AM
(01-07-2012 07:52 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

And wtf is up with Taz?

Yea you don't have permission to leave John. Go back to your seat and sit down son.

I don't think Gwyneth will appreciate you calling her stupid and ridiculous.

And Tasmania Devil, devil, religion themed while still cartoon character... no? nothing? Nevermind.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-07-2012, 08:03 AM
(01-07-2012 05:46 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-07-2012 04:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  so got my last exam tomorrow, woooooooooooooooooooooohoooo.

Taxation 201. Got this shit in the bag. I'm good for GST, can do all those calculations easy as pie, good for personal property tax, know those 3 parts of the Income Tax act like the back of my hand, good for land tax as that part is covered almost entirely in the Income tax act and is just a matter of reading what the law is to the situation at hand to coping that shit down. Where I am having trouble is with deductions. So many deductions for so many different things and it's spread out all over the place so not just a matter of CB6-CB24 like land tax, it's all over the show. And then when I do find it you gotta know which method to use to make the deduction, then you gotta do the deduction and it's just all pretty errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Thing is the only way they can really have it as an exam question is if they give you a list of things and you have to work out what ones are deductible under what section of the act and then do the calculations, unlike the GST calculations which a shit ton easier but they can make you do essay questions instead.

Eh, I'll be fine, I gotta get at least a C in this exam to pass the whole paper and I'm averaging like B+ this whole degree so I'm not worried, breezing through this like it's high school. "Imagine the grades you could be getting if you applied yourself!" my mother always says to which I respond, "yeah and think off all the video game time I would be missing out on. Priorities mother, priories"
What do grades matter, employees don't look at grades they judge you on your job interview and then on how well you can do the actual job. Grades mean jack shit, have since middle school, have all the way through high school (doing same degree at same university as people who got far better grades then me in high school...) and continue to mean nothing now at university. Yet people scramble over them like candy from a pinata. People stress too much, that's their problem. Think grades are the most important thing in the world, yet just like high school, nobody gives a fuck and they'll be useless like a year later. What? like you're gonna say to your boss 10years into your job, "I deserve a raise because I got A+ in this test 10years ago at university", they don't give a fuck, nobody gives a fuck. You could be hanging off the edge of a cliff, there could be someone standing ontop of the cliff with a pocket full of fucks, and all you needed was just one fuck to survive, they wouldn't give you one.
Food for thought from QI:
Stephen Fry: How long is the perfect job interview?
Jo Brand: How long is a perfect blow job?
wise words, wise words indeed.

[Image: oscar.png]
01-07-2012, 08:44 AM
(01-07-2012 08:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't think Gwyneth will appreciate you calling her stupid and ridiculous.

WHAT THE FUCK WORDS YOU PUTTING IN MY MOUTH, KIWI!?!?

living word
01-07-2012, 09:07 AM
So how come tomorrow ain't a day? There's like yesterday and today and Tuesday, but there ain't no day in tomorrow. Huh

living word
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-07-2012, 01:32 PM
(01-07-2012 09:07 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So how come tomorrow ain't a day? There's like yesterday and today and Tuesday, but there ain't no day in tomorrow. Huh

Duh. That's why they say tomorrow never comes. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-07-2012, 02:05 PM
<rant>FUCK IT!!!! AAAARRRRGHHHHHH!!!!!!!</rant>

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
01-07-2012, 02:23 PM
(01-07-2012 01:32 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(01-07-2012 09:07 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So how come tomorrow ain't a day? There's like yesterday and today and Tuesday, but there ain't no day in tomorrow. Huh

Duh. That's why they say tomorrow never comes. Drinking Beverage

Tomorrow is not a day because everyone is born an Atheist. Didn't you guys get the memo? Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein