Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-06-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(10-06-2013 10:35 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(10-06-2013 08:49 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I hate how my best friend is making me to feel like a horrible person.

She recently was evicted from her house. She refuses to get rid of her many animals (And I mean many). She just sent me a text asking me to sit in her car with her dogs today....in the 80 degree weather.....till she could take them to the shelter today.

I told her I couldn't do it. That it was going to be hot today and that it wasn't safe and asked her why she hadn't taken them to the shelter yet *its been at least a week since she was evicted* She responded with this message about how her work wouldn't let her, and that her work was ready to fire her for being sick and that the person shes staying with is threatening to kick her out because she "cant find a place for her cats"

So I wonder. Has she been leaving her dogs in the car for the last week?!

I'm not heartless, I know how hard it is to lose your pets. But am I crazy for thinking that sometimes you have to do things you hate doing to get done what needs to be done?

Anyway....*sigh* sorry just had to vent. I hate having to feel like the bad guy.

Bad planning on her part does not constitute an emergency on your part.

(working on my Terse and Deadly imitation Wink )

Not bad, not bad. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-06-2013, 11:21 AM
(10-06-2013 06:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 10:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  For getting rid of stuff, three moves are as good as a house fire.

A house fire is less effort AND you can toast wieners and marshmallows. Yes

I like mist of my stuff...really I do. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
10-06-2013, 11:23 AM
(10-06-2013 08:49 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I hate how my best friend is making me to feel like a horrible person.

She recently was evicted from her house. She refuses to get rid of her many animals (And I mean many). She just sent me a text asking me to sit in her car with her dogs today....in the 80 degree weather.....till she could take them to the shelter today.

I told her I couldn't do it. That it was going to be hot today and that it wasn't safe and asked her why she hadn't taken them to the shelter yet *its been at least a week since she was evicted* She responded with this message about how her work wouldn't let her, and that her work was ready to fire her for being sick and that the person shes staying with is threatening to kick her out because she "cant find a place for her cats"

I'm not heartless, I know how hard it is to lose your pets. But am I crazy for thinking that sometimes you have to do things you hate doing to get done what needs to be done?

Anyway....*sigh* sorry just had to vent. I hate having to feel like the bad guy.

Aww. Venting is good for you....
Smile
It's hard when friends do that kind of stuff. Hugs!

10-06-2013, 11:26 AM
(10-06-2013 10:35 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Bad planning on her part does not constitute an emergency on your part.

(working on my Terse and Deadly imitation Wink )

You're showing improvement in the terse department. Deadly...you need to work on. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Terse is a craft.
Deadly... is an art.

True story. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-06-2013, 03:26 PM
(10-06-2013 11:42 AM)kim Wrote:  Terse is a craft.
Deadly... is an art.

True story. Drinking Beverage

Needs more dragons.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
10-06-2013, 10:02 PM
To watch Game of Thrones session final today... or to watch it tomorrow when I have some nice food to enjoy while watching it?
Hmmm, it is the final... Tomorrow when I have pizza it is.

[Image: oscar.png]
10-06-2013, 10:33 PM
[Image: 999874_499755593426638_2093803619_n.jpg]

I feel like this image could explain my rant more than words.

>tfw being a teenager
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
10-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Hey, don't knock being a teenager.
Being a "grown up" (and I use that term loosely when referring to myself) sucks more.

So remember when I said my income went up 40%?
Yea well, that was a shock to me because it was suppose to (in my mind anyway) only go up by $15.
BUT I just phoned studylink (people who deal with student money) in some non-related matter and the 40% increase was something else, I can still apply for the $15 increase...
So my income is about to go up AGAIN...

God damn, the government just wants to throw money at me.
Not that I'm complaining of course, when I'm a rich trillionaire my taxes will pay for people like me in my situation.
I just see it as, using my taxes ahead of time.

[Image: oscar.png]
10-06-2013, 11:43 PM
(10-06-2013 10:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So my income is about to go up AGAIN...

Cool. Buy me something big. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post