Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-06-2013, 11:36 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Endocrinologist is weaning me off the corticosteroids. Withdrawals from this feel exactly like adrenal crisis, but I guess that makes sense. I went to Walmart yesterday and I can't even look at food. I nearly barfed just wandering through the aisles, and then I bought an iced tea. I have to force myself to eat. It's been this way since I was tapered down to 7.5 mg/day of prednisone. I've already lost 10 pounds, maybe more. Since yesterday, I force myself to eat one thing per day (today it was half a sandwich) and i have trouble even keeping that down. Gonna have to drink all my calories for now, i guess. Also tired and achy from not eating for a week. On the bright side, I guess it won't be hard to lose the weight I gained from being on the 'roids. I'm not sure if the loss of appetite is just from cutting down the prednisone, or if the methotrexate is also involved. I just know I feel like I've been run over by a truck, and that it probably is not healthy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2013, 12:22 PM
The other day one of my eyes starting itching and I figured it was allergies but then I thought, no because then both eyes should be itching.

Yesterday morning I work up and could see my cheek...and I was nowhere near a mirror. I was all swollen up under the itchy eye. I tried a couple things last night to make it better and tried to determine is I had been bitten around that eye by something.

Today, no better so I went to my doctor who gave me eyedrops...so tell me why those damn things hurt worse than I did to begin with.

I know there are people here with much worse eye issues but I swear these eye drops are make of sea salt in alcohol....dayam! Every three hours, ick.

I do like how they warn not to put them in while sleeping...I will try to refrain.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Ew. Can't they give you anti inflammatory pills or something? Eyedrops suck.

I just spend 45 minutes (including time spent looking for tools) trying to remove the spark plug from a lawnmower, because I can't find all the parts to the damn socket wrench. Ending up sticking a regular wrench inside the socket and eventually got it out, will need to buy another one when I remember. The problem is that, when I go to stores, I can't fucking remember what it is I wanted to buy. It's gonna rain anyway, I don't need the lawnmower right now I guess.
12-06-2013, 01:22 PM
(12-06-2013 11:36 AM)amyb Wrote:  Endocrinologist is weaning me off the corticosteroids. Withdrawals from this feel exactly like adrenal crisis, but I guess that makes sense. I went to Walmart yesterday and I can't even look at food. I nearly barfed just wandering through the aisles, and then I bought an iced tea. I have to force myself to eat. It's been this way since I was tapered down to 7.5 mg/day of prednisone. I've already lost 10 pounds, maybe more. Since yesterday, I force myself to eat one thing per day (today it was half a sandwich) and i have trouble even keeping that down. Gonna have to drink all my calories for now, i guess. Also tired and achy from not eating for a week. On the bright side, I guess it won't be hard to lose the weight I gained from being on the 'roids. I'm not sure if the loss of appetite is just from cutting down the prednisone, or if the methotrexate is also involved. I just know I feel like I've been run over by a truck, and that it probably is not healthy.

You sound like a candidate for medical marijuana. Or any marijuana.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-06-2013, 01:24 PM
(12-06-2013 01:11 PM)amyb Wrote:  Ew. Can't they give you anti inflammatory pills or something? Eyedrops suck.

I just spend 45 minutes (including time spent looking for tools) trying to remove the spark plug from a lawnmower, because I can't find all the parts to the damn socket wrench. Ending up sticking a regular wrench inside the socket and eventually got it out, will need to buy another one when I remember. The problem is that, when I go to stores, I can't fucking remember what it is I wanted to buy. It's gonna rain anyway, I don't need the lawnmower right now I guess.

I've found myself in the hardware store a number of times wondering what it was I was in the hardware store for. I really needed something, but what?

When I remember to, I make lists. I don't always remember.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
12-06-2013, 01:45 PM
(12-06-2013 01:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  You sound like a candidate for medical marijuana. Or any marijuana.
I can't stand marijuana, so that's a problem. I think i'll just try harder to nibble on stuff throughout the day. I suspect it's going to be the same or worse when the doctor tells me to take 5mg/day instead of 7.5, and every time it's reduced from now on. This is why I haven't reduced it successfully; the symptoms make me think I'm dying so I take more. I guess I just have to wait it out.

Quote:I've found myself in the hardware store a number of times wondering what it was I was in the hardware store for. I really needed something, but what?

When I remember to, I make lists. I don't always remember
Yeah, that's the problem. I either forget to make a list, or I go to the store and forget the list.
13-06-2013, 01:33 AM
Re: Ranting corner
So my relief staff was only an HOUR AND A HALF LATE coming to relieve me so I can sleep. But that's okay, because my company reminds me I'm only entitled to 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Sigh.....I hate people.
13-06-2013, 03:32 AM
You know you're old when...

(12-06-2013 01:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 01:11 PM)amyb Wrote:  Ew. Can't they give you anti inflammatory pills or something? Eyedrops suck.

I've found myself in the hardware store a number of times wondering what it was I was in the hardware store for. I really needed something, but what?

When I remember to, I make lists. I don't always remember.

[Image: oscar.png]
13-06-2013, 06:23 AM
Tomorrow is gonna suck but be awesome at the same time.
So much walking tomorrow, yet food tomorrow. It's a lose win situation.

Heads up, I'm either going to be very happy tomorrow or very very very pissed off.
There is a decision that will mean I get my motorbike back before my birthday, or a lack of decision will mean I don't get my motorbike back for the next 2 months...
As you can guess, the later will mean I will probably spam this thread with large bolded lettering.
Just a heads up.

[Image: oscar.png]
13-06-2013, 08:18 AM
(12-06-2013 01:45 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 01:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  You sound like a candidate for medical marijuana. Or any marijuana.
I can't stand marijuana, so that's a problem. I think i'll just try harder to nibble on stuff throughout the day. I suspect it's going to be the same or worse when the doctor tells me to take 5mg/day instead of 7.5, and every time it's reduced from now on. This is why I haven't reduced it successfully; the symptoms make me think I'm dying so I take more. I guess I just have to wait it out.

If it's the high you don't want to deal with, they've separated the cannabinoids and amyloids to create medical marijuana that does the job (relieves nausea/pain) but doesn't get you high. If it's just the smoke you don't care for, try a vaporizer - they are super cheap on line. It will make you much more comfortable and able to push through with a lot less stress on an already taxed system. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein