Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-06-2013, 01:55 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(16-06-2013 01:51 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Sometimes I think I just need someone with a heavy frying pan to give me a good smack. Knock my ass out.

Here you are.

[Image: 12-138047772.jpg]

You are welcome.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2013, 01:57 AM
(16-06-2013 01:49 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Insomnia sucks!

Get some VC, VB pills. Vitamin helps.

16-06-2013, 02:01 AM
(15-06-2013 04:47 PM)kim Wrote:  
(15-06-2013 03:12 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Check the weather channel before going to the lake Angry

Oh hell, you knew we were supposed to have rain all this weekend. Drinking Beverage

As a traditional British-style greeting goes, may I ask, how is the weather ?

[Image: em102.gif]

16-06-2013, 06:01 AM
Brand new to this forum. Here's my rant for the day.

I was drinking with buddies on Friday night, and the topic of religion came up which is always dangerous when alcohol is involved. These guys all claim belief in Christianity, but their lifestyles are absolutely indistinguishable from mine so it's not a point of contention. One of my friends was talking about how God swallowed up that dude in the OT for "spilling his semen" on the ground, and some friends were pointing out that he was swallowed up by the ground for disobeying God, not for jackin' it, and we were laughing about how Christians will use that verse to discourage masturbating and that they were missing the point and I was laughing too and then I commented that of course the whole thing never actually happened anyway.

The conversation came to a screeching halt. It was really fucking awkward. They didn't really know what to say, and then one friend dropped the "Were you there?" retort and it was all really uncomfortable. I was trying to explain myself but there were five drunk dudes all talking over each other and eventually the conversation moved on. Luckily these guys are some of my best friends and don't let religious differences get in the way of good times but still...it's weird, and I kind of wish I had just kept my mouth shut.

So that's my rant for today. Thanks for reading you damn heathens.
[+] 4 users Like defineyoursound's post
16-06-2013, 07:54 AM
Those awkward moments with friends suck.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
16-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Sunday morning-sitting here enjoying my coffee-nice quiet morning, and my phone gets a text from

980-230-1803 I have no clue who this is.

The conversation goes like this:

HAPPY FATHERS DAY! Put God 1st in all you do...

who is this?

Sorry. Put God 1st in all you do

Fuck off.

assholes just ruined a nice sunday morning.

[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
16-06-2013, 08:14 AM
they won't stop....how the fuck did I get a damn religious troll on my phone. Seriously !! I hate some people.

BE GLAD GOD WOKE U UP THIS MORNING I DIDN'T MEAN TO TEXT YOU. IMA PRAY FOR YOU.

You are delusional. Get an education and stop believing in fairytales.

WTF?

[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
16-06-2013, 08:26 AM
With it being Father's Day and all, I got thinking about my father. We had a rough relationship but had mostly made amends in his last few years. There are times that I really wish things had been different, we could have had a lot more time as friends than we did, but that's a moot point.

I was remembering the memorial service we had for him. No religion involved, at the golf course he enjoyed so much. It was nice although I was sick as hell that day and hoping I wouldn't barf during my talk.

As we were gathering things together to go scatter some ashes a cousin came up to me and told me not to worry about dad because he was sure that 'Doc loved our Lord'. And now dad was in Heaven with our Lord.

I may have responded if I hadn't felt so bad. Dad was an Atheist the last many years of his life. This cousin is the closest to me in age and we spent a lot of time together into our 20s. He was a hell-raising partier till it caught up with him years later. His recovery from several addictions (drugs, drink, gambling, massive amounts of food) threw him headlong into the ulta-religious Bible beaters.

It kind of pisses me off that we were very specific about the whole no religion vibe to the memorial. Then he throws that at me. First of all, I know who you are dude. I know things about you that you were too fucked up to remember. This shit doesn't fly with me. Secondly, you didn't know shit about dad, you are projecting your BS onto him.

The last few times I have seen this cousin he comes off as the 'fake it till you make it' devout Christian. He preaches a good game and if it helps him stay straight, fine. Just don't think that I am buying into it. And no, dad didn't believe in Your Lord. STFU.

end rant

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-06-2013, 11:54 AM
(16-06-2013 06:01 AM)defineyoursound Wrote:  The conversation came to a screeching halt. It was really fucking awkward. They didn't really know what to say, and then one friend dropped the "Were you there?" retort and it was all really uncomfortable. I was trying to explain myself but there were five drunk dudes all talking over each other and eventually the conversation moved on. Luckily these guys are some of my best friends and don't let religious differences get in the way of good times but still...it's weird, and I kind of wish I had just kept my mouth shut.

Ok... ALL: the next time any christee pulls out the "Were you there?" bullshit, do not bat an eye simply ask, "Were you?". And do badger them senselessly, alternating emphasis on words. Thumbsup

Oh sure, they'll be all flustered that you can instantly counter a guaranteed script it took them two months to memorize but, at least it will hurt their little puzzler for a while. This will buy time to finish one's drink, head to the bar, restroom or maybe mingle a little while making an exit to avoid the bludgeoning stupidity.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
16-06-2013, 12:48 PM
No other place to put it so I will put it here.

A rant on regional planning.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area which has a lot of positives and one great negative. The area is the queen of Nimbyism. If you could anoint a part that this is most true it is Marin Co. (where I lived for almost 20 years and soon will move back to). Nimbyism is so great in Marin that things like complaining about a proposal for a battered women's shelter are the norm.

Currently there is a thing called Plan Bay Area that requests that local agencies identify areas where higher density housing near transit hubs and other services can be developed with the intent of reducing green house gas emissions and providing for needed lower cost housing.

The majority of residents in Marin seem to be very much against this in any form, certainly the ones that get their name in the local paper are. They ignore a variety of things. Such as, of all the younger people I know who grew up in Marin, some of whom would like to live there, only two do. My sons for example live in Oakland because of lower cost if also because it is not so white bread.

Various reasons are given for their objections, some of which are such outright lies as to be laughable. Without going into detail I have read things in the local paper, mostly letters to the editor, that any actual Marin resident who read them at all critically would know them to be false.

The real reason is that self absorbed people do not see how their actions negatively affect others. The real reason is that an almost exclusively white upper middle to upper class enclave is frightened by those who might be different. It is one of the few suburban parts of the Bay Area where minorities are very much a minority and mostly confined to ghettos.

Oddly at the ballot box Marin is typically quite liberal. They understand what probably should be done but do not want to do anything that might upset their own little protected area.