Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-06-2013, 02:53 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(19-06-2013 02:16 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 01:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I hate explaining to my husband for the millionth time that I can't fully be considered packed until the morning we leave!

He always asks...got all your clothes, goo bag in there!

I reply yes clothes are in, but I need to still throw in my other stuff.

He, zipping up my suitcase, well do it now it's going in the car tonight.

I have to get up in the morning, shower, dry my hair with a brush that's packed away AND in the car, and put on makeup that's also IN THE FUCKING car?

Then he bitches that I'm always the ONE to forget something....

Ya because you take my suitcase before I'm finished packing.

Fucker
Drinking Beverage

This argument has less chance at a peaceful resolution than the question "does a god exist".

I pack the night before in my duffel or suitcase.

She partially lays out what she might take.

I have my own toiletry kit with a few essentials already in my duffel.

The next morning my suitcase contains tons of her stuff, my clothes are all smushed and my toiletry kit is breaming with lotions and tampons.

I love her, I really do but if anything is going to cause a premeditated death in the realtionship is packing for a trip.

Angry Dodgy Undecided Cool

We used to have the toiletries argument all the time. Now, not so much because the rules have changed. We have to have all the shampoo and stuff in those ridiculously small little bottles...seriously -- it pisses me off. So ive got all my girlie creams and stuff (hairspray, gel) and I ask him to bring toothpaste and he says if I have room! Angry All of it must fit into one little quart sized baggy. Stupid. Husband never allows checked baggage of any kind. So everything must fit into a small carry on.

This trip is short -- just a few days....

But when we went somewhere for almost a month? Yea I was annoyed.

He's already printed our boarding passes.

I love traveling, I just hate getting there.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2013, 04:01 PM
(19-06-2013 02:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 01:36 PM)fuckingpowerful Wrote:  This is awesome to me because my parents did the same thing when I was growing up. I always knew my mom's position was more logical but I sided with my dad anyway. Smile

Weeping

It's true, we are all basically married to the same guy. Hobo

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-06-2013, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2013 04:51 PM by Anjele.)
I will be traveling alone by car next week. Since I made the decision, I have been getting little nuggets of travel info that I don't need.

Can't wait till the argument for and against my leaving Tuesday night. I sure he will want me to wait till Wednesday. However if he was going too, he would be revving the engine in front of the dentist's office waiting for me to leave my appointment Tuesday afternoon and jump straight in the car and go.

My trip, my car, my money...back off, Bub! Don't make me need this trip more than I already do.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
19-06-2013, 04:43 PM
You're very brave. I gotta say. While my husband has always said "you can go anywhere" and has taken numerous trips alone -- he'd worry endlessly and probably drive me more crazy than he ever would going with me. Smile

Have a super fun trip!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

19-06-2013, 04:50 PM
(19-06-2013 10:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  4 hours till I gotta go for my exam.
Que music!

Well? How do you think you fared?

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
19-06-2013, 04:52 PM
(19-06-2013 04:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You're very brave. I gotta say. While my husband has always said "you can go anywhere" and has taken numerous trips alone -- he'd worry endlessly and probably drive me more crazy than he ever would going with me. Smile

Have a super fun trip!

I have a plan...I learned that I can turn my cell phone off. Thumbsup

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
19-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Actually Moms, even before I met my husband I had traveled ocean to ocean (not all in one trip). I have taken major road trips alone, with kids of all ages, pulling a U-haul (first time ever from Iowa to Southern Arizona) and have managed to get through unscathed without *gasp* benefit of a man taking charge. Long before GPS was around I could read a map, and can even figure out how to reroute if necessary. Although my GPS will be with me and on...the good ole Rand McNally will be in the car too...ya never know when electronics may croak...my Atlas will be there as backup!

I am looking forward to it! Almost too much...Angel

[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
19-06-2013, 08:19 PM
(19-06-2013 04:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 10:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  4 hours till I gotta go for my exam.
Que music!

Well? How do you think you fared?

Rather well actually.
Nailed that shit.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
20-06-2013, 01:24 AM
Fucking hell it suddenly got cold as shit and the wind is blowing HARD.
I suppose that's what you get when you've had a rather warm winter all winter then suddenly get a cold front quickly moving up.
Causes a bit of the ol' rotation and strong winds and shit.

Consider I wonder if I'll get that snow tomorrow, that'll be neat, my first white birthday.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
20-06-2013, 02:28 PM
it should be a law that every box of chocolates should have a diagram labeling which ones are the icky ones and which are the yummy ones....

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post