Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
24-06-2013, 08:09 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(24-06-2013 07:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Brought a heater the other day, best $19.10 I've spent in my entire life.

Also, it's been a month since I have had either crisps, chocolate or those ever delicious gummy snakes...

This is causing problems because toppled with having to walk everywhere, due to my motorized bike being shut up in the repair shop, NONE OF MY CLOTHS FIT ANYMORE!!
Grrrrrrrr! Angry

Bet you're looking very fit and trim...walking, climbing stairs...Big Grin

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2013, 08:18 AM
(24-06-2013 07:59 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Twenty is the natural number sandwiched between nineteen and twenty-one. The word comes from the Old English twegen, which means “two,” and the Old English suffix –tig, which means “group of ten.”
Read more at http://hotword.dictionary.com/twenty/#kJ...toRWdto.99

Obviously you don't love her enough to do this simple bit of research. Angry

Big Grin
[/quote]

guess not.

“Happiness is not the absence of problems; it's the ability to deal with them.”
24-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Crap!

Now I'm having to explain why sometimes we use inches and other times centimeters, and what are centimeters anyway Uncle C?

I had forgotten just how complicated we have made things and it is all coming back to me now. Miss B is going to be with us for a week and I have happily volunteered to help her with her homework...oh happy day Weeping

Big Grin

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-06-2013, 08:24 AM
(24-06-2013 08:18 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(24-06-2013 07:59 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Twenty is the natural number sandwiched between nineteen and twenty-one. The word comes from the Old English twegen, which means “two,” and the Old English suffix –tig, which means “group of ten.”
Read more at http://hotword.dictionary.com/twenty/#kJ...toRWdto.99

Obviously you don't love her enough to do this simple bit of research. Angry

Big Grin

(24-06-2013 08:18 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  guess not.

Oh B&A, not you too! I can take abuse from HoC but from you?

I need your support...please! Pretty please with a cherry on top.

24-06-2013, 08:25 AM
(24-06-2013 08:22 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Crap!

Now I'm having to explain why sometimes we use inches and other times centimeters, and what are centimeters anyway Uncle C?

I had forgotten just how complicated we have made things and it is all coming back to me now. Miss B is going to be with us for a week and I have happily volunteered to help her with her homework...oh happy day Weeping

Big Grin

give her HoC's email address-- apparently he loves enough to google the bazillion questions kids come up with. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
24-06-2013, 08:27 AM
(24-06-2013 08:24 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Oh B&A, not you too! I can take abuse from HoC but from you?

I send the kid back to her teacher....that's what I pay her for... to answer the bazillion questions that will have me bouncing off the walls of a rubber room if I tried to tackle them all.

24-06-2013, 08:30 AM
(24-06-2013 08:27 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(24-06-2013 08:24 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Oh B&A, not you too! I can take abuse from HoC but from you?

I send the kid back to her teacher....that's what I pay her for... to answer the bazillion questions that will have me bouncing off the walls of a rubber room if I tried to tackle them all.

I hear you. Maybe I should move this conversation to the "Help and Support'" thread? I feel overwhelmed by third grade homework. (Laughing while I write this).

24-06-2013, 08:31 AM

I know that one!! Tell her that back in the 1970's the USA thought it would be a good idea to join the rest of the world so we made it mandatory for kids to learn it. Then all the old people threw a big, giant, hissy fit and we stopped. But kids still have to learn it-even though most people don't use it in their day to day life in the USA. But if you are a doctor some day or other professional-or like to travel--you will need to learn it.

24-06-2013, 08:38 AM
(24-06-2013 08:31 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  

I know that one!! Tell her that back in the 1970's the USA thought it would be a good idea to join the rest of the world so we made it mandatory for kids to learn it. Then all the old people threw a big, giant, hissy fit and we stopped. But kids still have to learn it-even though most people don't use it in their day to day life in the USA. But if you are a doctor some day or other professional-or like to travel--you will need to learn it.

Hummmmm, you want a job tutoring? Cool

I work with scientists often, marine biologists to be more precise, and everything we measure and weigh is done using the metric system. After a while you get used to it but in the back of my head I'm still translating (go ten meters on either side of the transect line = go about thirty feet etc.)

24-06-2013, 08:44 AM
(24-06-2013 08:38 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(24-06-2013 08:31 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I know that one!! Tell her that back in the 1970's the USA thought it would be a good idea to join the rest of the world so we made it mandatory for kids to learn it. Then all the old people threw a big, giant, hissy fit and we stopped. But kids still have to learn it-even though most people don't use it in their day to day life in the USA. But if you are a doctor some day or other professional-or like to travel--you will need to learn it.

Hummmmm, you want a job tutoring? Cool

I work with scientists often, marine biologists to be more precise, and everything we measure and weigh is done using the metric system. After a while you get used to it but in the back of my head I'm still translating (go ten meters on either side of the transect line = go about thirty feet etc.)

No thanks. I got 2 that quiz me all day long already.

OR the answer could be we have to stay with that system otherwise the NFL would have to change and that would just be a BIG hassle. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A bit of ranting... Filox 26 1,192 07-08-2012 05:02 PM
Last Post: bemore
  I just felt like ranting, like CYTB often does. itsFerdinand 10 779 02-12-2011 11:25 PM
Last Post: houseofcantor