Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-06-2013, 10:34 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Ooh, ooh....pick me...I know the difference between a tuna tower and a channel marker! I have even been in a tuna tower before.

Seriously, the fourth is a sucky time at a lot beach areas. Lots of people head to Myrtle to get their fireworks fix from the states where they are against the law. So you spend about three weeks, before, during, and after with every wanna be pyrotech with a lighter drinking beer and scattering the sand with debris.

Where we live fireworks are supposedly illegal and the towns don't set them off cause of drought conditions...how's that working for us? Ask poor old Lady...as she paces and pants with her ears folded back till she finally keels over from exhaustion...poor dog hates fireworks and thunder.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2013, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2013 11:03 PM by Anjele.)
(29-06-2013 09:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fucking 4th of July is coming...

The dog hates fireworks. So it's either take him into the basement with the iPod blaring and a pitcher of margarita or...

Go upstairs and let him shit on the bed (again) yea we've tried drugging him -- it doesn't really work.

How festive...luckily lady isn't quite that bad...meds don't work with her either. And the little cave I have set up for her she just paces in and out of it...and drools.

Oy.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
29-06-2013, 10:47 PM
(29-06-2013 10:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ooh, ooh....pick me...I know the difference between a tuna tower and a channel marker! I have even been in a tuna tower before.

Seriously, the fourth is a sucky time at a lot beach areas. Lots of people head to Myrtle to get their fireworks fix from the states where they are against the law. So you spend about three weeks, before, during, and after with every wanna be pyrotech with a lighter drinking beer and scattering the sand with debris.

Where we live fireworks are supposedly illegal and the towns don't set them off cause of drought conditions...how's that working for us? Ask poor old Lady...as she paces and pants with her ears folded back till she finally keels over from exhaustion...poor dog hates fireworks and thunder.

OK, you in the back row, yeah you! What the difference between a channel marker and a tuna tower?

Bonus question: Are you responsible for any damage done by your boat's wake?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
29-06-2013, 10:50 PM
oh hell, fireworks. My dogs cower behind the recliner and it aggravates my asthma. hate this shit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
29-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Everyone else struggling and wanting me to support them when I just cant. Fuck I can't take this pressure.
29-06-2013, 11:13 PM
(29-06-2013 10:47 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(29-06-2013 10:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ooh, ooh....pick me...I know the difference between a tuna tower and a channel marker! I have even been in a tuna tower before.

OK, you in the back row, yeah you! What the difference between a channel marker and a tuna tower?

Bonus question: Are you responsible for any damage done by your boat's wake?

A channel marker is a buoy that marks the path that can be navigated through a waterway...on the Outer Banks where docks are on the sound side you see channel markers in the inlets that lead out to the ocean.

The tuna tower is a torture device for people like me that are not only terrified of heights but are also suckers when their young son begs them to climb up into it with him. Course it's officially a very high seat perched well above the main deck and is used to spot sport fish in the distance.

Not so sure on the wake question...as noticed today on the lake...no one seems to care. And the boats my grandpa and uncle piloted were powerful enough that the other boat's wakes didn't really matter much.

....note the avatar...

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-06-2013, 02:24 AM
I have solved the blown lightbulb issue you'll be glad to know.
The outside light burst popping the breaker turning off the lights on this side of the house.
I switched the breaker back on and now all is well.

Isn't it nice when a story has a happy ending?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
30-06-2013, 07:12 AM
There is a product called a thunder shirt for dogs with anxiety problems. I know a few people who have them and claim they really do help their dog.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
30-06-2013, 07:15 AM
(30-06-2013 07:12 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  There is a product called a thunder shirt for dogs with anxiety problems. I know a few people who have them and claim they really do help their dog.

What is it supposed to do?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-06-2013, 07:22 AM
Its snug and applies constant pressure and it somehow calms the anxiety. Maybe feels like the pack is piled on ? I'm not really sure. My Labrador is okay as long as he cant see the flash and can be near us. The few i know are some that work with rescues and seem to be quite knowledgeable about dogs in other regards (medical, diets, behavior, etc)

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller